Summer 2020 transfers | Page 34 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

I really hope these reports of villa upping their game to sign Emi and Cantwell aren't true. Saying that the reports are saying they'll offer 30 million for emi (I'd say that's a good deal for us) and around 20 million for Todd. 50 million from two players...the club would accept.

I wouldnt want to loose both players in the same season. That would be a massive hole in our creativity.

£20m for Cantwell. No!

So it looks like we are signing another left back.

Spanish news reports say we are saying we are about to sign Villarreal left-back Xavi Quintilla.

initially on loan but that will become a permanent deal should City manage to get promoted back to the Premier League.

He is 23

On loan initially I think , with a view to a permanent move if we go up .......so he’ll be going straight back to Villarreal then :grinning:

Hopefully the club know what they are doing.

They could be loaning out McCallum, loaning in Quintilla, heise well who knows and then Lewis who knows we could potentially end up with a loan left back and then byram as cover but he will also be our right back or back up right back...so again lacking in numbers.

So it looks like we are signing another left back.

Spanish news reports say we are saying we are about to sign Villarreal left-back Xavi Quintilla.

initially on loan but that will become a permanent deal should City manage to get promoted back to the Premier League.

He is 23

Think he may be 31 by the time that happens

I wonder if the Spanish lad is coming in as Lewis will be off soon? Surely they aren't looking to loan McCallum

Botman, the 6'4", 20 year old left sided CB who was linked with us in the January window has moved from Ajax to Lille for 8m euros. Furthermore I get the feeling that Gibson is not coming here. So the search for a left sided CB continues........

Skipp is a good signing. Shame it will be a loan. He is highly rated at Spurs and made a few appearances for them.

Spurs gave him a 3 (4) year contract this year and Jose sees him as a future captain. I hope it goes better than Kane's loan move.

My only gripe is that it is another defensive midfielder. Why do Norwich love midfielders so much?

Sorenson
Sitti
Skipp (if it happens)
Dennis
Mumba (was a defensive midfielder)

add to that list Tettey - Thompson - Trybull and that is a lot of defensive midfielders.

I hope DF isn't doing what he did with Amadou and thinking 'Oh, Skipp can play as a central defender too, so he will be our back up defender'.

We still need a central defender, a striker and I think a GK. Also, we need to move on the players who don't want to be here, as YB said.

If Skipp signs then the first team midfielders page on the official website will get even larger. It was 18 before so we will have 19 first team midfielders at the club.

You'd think Leitner, Trybull will go, but that will still leave us with 17. I think Thompson will go too. Lots of clearing up to do me thinks.

That is a frightening statistic Bears . Why all these midfielders ? The very first thing Webber and Farke SHOULD have addressed was the shocking defence that has leaked goal after goal for the last 3 seasons , and the atttack that managed ONE goal in nine games . I ask myself about the qualities of Webber and Farke that they have not fixed the pitiful way our players have been in these positions. IMO .....do your duty towards NCFC Webber and Farke and solve these problems NOW .... or have the decency to resign

So the Pink Un guys had their debate today. I'll give the points that caught my attention:

Left Back situ:

Left back situ is as follows. Quintilla is set to sign, so we are top-heavy in that area. But consider Heise is surplus to requirements, then that leaves us with McCallum, Quintilla and Lewis and McCallum going on loan. If Lewis leaves, then it will be Quintilla and McCallum and no one else leaving from the LB role. If Lewis stays, then again it will be McCallum who gets a loan move. The club have had plenty of enquiries for him from Championship/League One level. Coventry would jump at the chance to re-sign him.

When asked about why the club needs another Defensive Midfielder in Skipp -

Tettey will be taking on an elder statesman type role but they wouldn't be at all surprised if he is starting on the first day of the season. Trybull seems surplus to requirements and haven't heard any suggestions that Louis Thompson will be returning as a first choice. The club could be thinking that Sitti needs another loan, as he is still young at 20. But then the club is signing a19-year-old talent from one of the big boys in Skipp so that's a slightly odd one. Sure all City fans will be wary of loans at the moment but the lad certainly has a big reputation. It's just good to see a real concerted effort to strengthen the options around Tettey as he can't go on forever. So they think Trybull gone / Thompson gone / Tettey Part Time / Sitti gone.

They reminded us all that Webber said any loan players coming in will be helping bridge a gap for a season to allow the players (in that position) to develop (elsewhere). I wonder if that's the case with Skipp-Sitti and Quintilla-McCallum.

Where else do they think we need to sign players:

Upfront and Left sided Central Defender. They think it is only one central defender they are looking for. That will then give us Klose, Zimmermann, Hanley, Famewo, Godfrey and Gibson. Famewo could get a loan move.

Webber wants the new signings all in before the 1st game of the season.

The club are looking for a new forward too.

Any news on a new GK:

Nope., The club hope Kul will stay another season and stay injury free. They wouldn't really want McGovern playing too much though, he's almost in a GK coach role now at the club. DF will then look to U23 keepers Dan Barden and Jon McCracken look set to provide the next back-up. Aston Oxborough loan move to Salford cancelled due to his injury.

On Gibson:

DF really likes him. He's the preferred centre-back option but there is still some work to be done with Burnley, want to see him leave permanently. Gibson wants to sign for us and we want to have him, in those circumstances, deals tend to get done but it'll come down to the finances. His wages and the fee Burnley want are the sticking points. He wants a perm move too.

They said that the club will have signed a new central defender by the start of the season whether it is Gibson or not.

Apparently Burnley are trying to use Gibson him in a swap deal with Forest for Joe Worrall

Apparently Staurt webber came on the chat and said both Skipp and Quintilla are done deals. :-)

On Hanley:

Getting back to fitness and hopes to be involved with the preseason games and 1st game of the season.

On Squad numbers:

Apparently DF doesn't decide them. they'll be sorted before the opening league game. Pink Un chap is not sure about that official EFL lettering though, a bit ugly he wrote.

On the Right Back situ:

It is a very interesting situation. They say Aarons is a really good lad and isn't pushing for a move away and no real big offers are in for him. Their thoughts are he'll stay up until January and see how it is going if good stay and if bad look to go. If he was to move and the club knowing that Byram is out for a good part of the season then they think the club would look at that position. They think the club would not go into the season with Mumba or Thomas at right-back but then again Aarons was quickly elevated into the first team so it wouldn't be a total surprise. There is a concern that Byram will not be able to handle the rest of the season after this injury.

So if Aarons stays then it will be Aarons and Mumba. Thomas maybe a loan. If Aarons goes we could see another Right back come in.

On Rhodes (fans are still going on about him!!!!):

Club would love to sign him but Wednesday are only going to sell for his value and the club can't afford that or his wages.

On any out goings:

Nothing as yet the only one that might happen is Lewis to Leicester but it all depends on Chilwell. Leitner and Trybull have been told they can go but nothing on that front.

Squad Size:

DF loves to have a smaller squad to work with and at the moment looking at the 1st team it is over 34 (including Skipp and Quintilla). So that will have to come down and also the registration of players is 25 man squad (not including u21 players) we have 25 over 21 and with Gibson maybe in the mix it would be 26 and any other new players.

Pre Season Friendlies:

Club have games lined up but not 6 or 7 of them and they will be keeping the matches close to their chests as they will be keen to avoid fans going to the games. They say the club will see the EFL 1st round as part of their pre season line up. So probably two games and the EFL match.

On the Away kits:

End of the month for those to be released but the schedule is all mixed up but that was the original plan.

Drmic:

They think he'll score plenty of goals in this league if given the chance but more likely that he'll leave.

They, like the rest of us, want another forward who is different from Pukki and Idah someone who is an old school type forward who'll win headers etc. So the club could look to someone like that. But don't be surprised if it is someone from abroad who is in a lower league as they are cheaper.

Formations:

They think DF will go with the 4-2-3-1 and also look to use the 4-1-4-1 more.

On if DF was to leave who would replace him:

If Webber is still here then it will be a manager from abraod but he is also very close with Swansea manager Steve Cooper so it could well be him.

Who is the most exciting player we have signed:

Dowell. He has the experience of the league and is another Maddison type.

On Denis Man:

The club wanted him but got a ridiculous quote for him. The club will not go back for him unless the asking priced drops by a lot. Even if Emi leaves the club will not replace him as we have Hernandez, Placheta, Sinani, Martin and Cantwell in the house

The EFL 1st round:

We could be drawn against Ipswich and the club would have to go full strength but it won't be possible because of internationals. We could potentially be missing: Krul, Lewis, McLean, Pukki, Drmic, Placheta, Aarons, Godfrey, Cantwell, Idah,. Also no Hanley or Byram at that stage!

On Trybull leaving:

t's a difficult one with Trybull. Club really like him as a footballer, but don't think he's an Alex Tettey stylistically or a Kenny McLean in terms of mobility. NCFC have better options at the moment. With Tettey, McLean, Sorensen, Skipp*, Rupp, Vrancic etc. He's a way down the pecking order.

Dowell:

Aski how much he cost - North of 1 million.

Martin:

If Cantwell - Emi both stay then expect Martin to be loaned out. Even if one goes and one stays expect Martin to get a loan.