Summer 2020 transfers | Page 33 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

Is it true that we are going with 19 year old Barden as our 3rd first team goalkeeper?
He had a season loan at Bury Town (Bury St Edmunds) last season, so he's been toughened up.

BTW does anybody know what the rules are about getting a GK during the non window periods (just in case we have to)?

Poor old Oxborough, what a bad time to get a serious injury. I hope he feels the Canary force and recovers well.

I believe you are allowed emergency loan cover in the EFL, Bolshie.

As you say, a huge shame for Oxborough - really had a good loan lined up, and was progressing nicely. Horrible injury for a keeper to get too, one that might halt his progress forever...(similar to how Ruddy never recovered to his former level from his serious thigh/knee injury)

It seems that Newcastle are going to loan out Jacob Murphy for a season (his last year of his contract with Newcastle). We are mentioned with Boro and i think Brentford.

We also have McCracken in the u23s. He was forcing a move away but has returned. I just think it is risky move.

He is listed on the Canaries website and I think they have given him another year
on his contract. How bizarre given that he wanted to go.

I see Charlton forward lyle taylor has left them and is now on a free. Weren't we linked with him back in January?

We have also been linked with another Charlton forward Boone, who was with us as a 13 year old and let go. I think 11 goals in 32 apps last season plus 45 goals in 90 for Leyton Orient.

Apologies if this has already mentioned.

BTW. Rob Green (20 year old at the time) made his debut in goal (dont think he had been out on loan) in our local derby against the Binners. There's confidence for you!

He is listed on the Canaries website and I think they have given him another year
on his contract. How bizarre given that he wanted to go.
Indeed. He rejected the contract last summer (I think) and went to Newcastle and Villa (I can't remember) and nothing came of it and he wasn't involved much with our u23s last season and then suddenly he is given a new one year deal with extention....must be valued highly for the club to give him that after he basically wanted out.

BTW. Rob Green (20 year old at the time) made his debut in goal (dont think he had been out on loan) in our local derby against the Binners. There's confidence for you!
I am all for youngsters getting games but It is McGovern that is the issue for me. He isn't the GK we need to push Krul.

Jacob Murphy - I am not sure. If we are to buy then Newcastle will want to recoup some of the 10 million and I would much rather we spent money on another forward who is different from Pukki/Drmic and a central defender.

A work colleague who is a Wednesday fan said he'd love to have Murphy back as he was a real threat but I just think we have moved on from Murphy.

Jacob Murphy - I am not sure. If we are to buy then Newcastle will want to recoup some of the 10 million and I would much rather we spent money on another forward who is different from Pukki/Drmic and a central defender.

A work colleague who is a Wednesday fan said he'd love to have Murphy back as he was a real threat but I just think we have moved on from Murphy.

Different to Dr Mic . Meaning he would be able to score :grinning:

I would rather have Man than Jacob Murphy but I dont see this club waving the wodge!

I said a few wks ago i could see having one if the twins back, wld rather not as they were good going forward but no good tracking back before
You did indeed say that. I also feel like they thought they were too good for us. I would rather this Man signing for us and maybe if we have the cash for Murphy maybe we should make an offer for him.

Is this Liverpool trying to build bridges after Norwich were annoyed with the lewis bid? Their assistant has come out and praised Norwich on how we play.

'How this club has managed to stay true to its footballing line, to which they have devoted themselves in the second division, is really very commendable.
They announced it (that they'd play their way) before the first match day and actually pulled it off. That was not crowned with success in the table, but for that reason alone I hope that they will benefit from this again in the next season in order to achieve the necessary results.'

I see there is a mention that Boone may be joining Rab at Preston for £500k
If thats true then its one off the list linked with us earlier.

Is Chilwell about to join Chelsea from Leicester?

I see there is a mention that Boone may be joining Rab at Preston for £500k
If thats true then its one off the list linked with us earlier.

Is Chilwell about to join Chelsea from Leicester?
Do you think if he goes then they'll come in for Lewis?

I really hope these reports of villa upping their game to sign Emi and Cantwell aren't true. Saying that the reports are saying they'll offer 30 million for emi (I'd say that's a good deal for us) and around 20 million for Todd. 50 million from two players...the club would accept.

Do you think if he goes then they'll come in for Lewis?

On the Offical Transfer thread on another website associated with a colour
there is a Talksport presenter stating that Leicester's number one target was Tierney but there was no way he was going to leave Arsenal. So they have settled for Lewis and this presenter thinks that the £20m transfer fee is reasonable.