Summer 2020 transfers | Page 30 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

In a criptic message about Kwame Ampadu that kicked it all off .......there was a mention about JR. No not JR Ewing but was that a hint at Jordan Rhodes?

Ampadu not coming. Chelsea have a prem club interested and they'd prefer that. Most likely Fulham.

If the club wanted him as a defensive midfielder then it seems we are going down same route of signing/trying to sign lots of midfielders

Liverpool have signed Left Back Konstantinos Tsimikas for around 12 million. That could be Lewis dream move to Liverpool ended.

If the rumours were true and Lewis wanted to leave this could leave him unhappy/unsettled for the new season. Other clubs will be put off the 20 million I think. I think if a club offers 15 million with add ons he would be allowed to go.

Claret originally came from the French meaning 'clear'. However, English usage changed it to mean Bordeaux Red; it was also used as slang to mean blood especially as a result of Boxing.

Generally wines labelled as Claret are pedestrian Bordeaux whereas better examples tend to be Chateau bottled.

Red wines come from red or Black grapes where the skin remains in the pressing to give the wine its distinctive colour. White wines come from grapes Green or Red, where the skin does not remain in the pressing.

Lomas has had his season loan at Tampa Bay Rowdies ended. No surprise as I had seen him with the 1st team training since the restart. The MLS has restarted but obviously the club wants him back here for either a new loan in the UK or to be with the squad for the new season.

Villa and Palace both linked with Emi. Don't go Villa Emi! Don't go Palace Emi!

Zaha will leave this summer for big money and you could see them going for Emi

Sadly we said the same thing a year ago.

Good observation and you and I know the real problem is the lack of a really wealthy owner who can lend the club say £80m and get the players we need.

As people say - GK, left CB, another dm/cm who can pass and tackle (rare I know)
S (to replace Drimic) and a RW (that player called Man does look good).

What will we get
LCB - Gibson on loan if we are lucky
S - Rhodes on a free
GK - cheap one
DM/CM - on loan
RW - NCFC needs to win the lottery

Liverpool have signed Left Back Konstantinos Tsimikas for around 12 million. That could be Lewis dream move to Liverpool ended.

If the rumours were true and Lewis wanted to leave this could leave him unhappy/unsettled for the new season. Other clubs will be put off the 20 million I think. I think if a club offers 15 million with add ons he would be allowed to go.

Dont see the club reducing the price and then getting other clubs trying the same tactics regarding our other players.

Liverpool just used Lewis as a means of getting the Greek deal done. Its a lesson to ALL players you dont play for another club until the paperwork is done, you have passed the medical and the FA etc say its a done deal; so say nothing to the media!

May be Leicester or Crystal Palace will come in for him, until then he plays for us or our U23 team. Dont forget what happened to Oliveira.