Summer 2020 transfers | Page 27 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

SSN are reporting official interest from Liverpool and are talking of 20mil. Wether that is because of our valuation or some movement by Liverpool is not mentioned. Personally I'd take 20mil for him as long as the money was invested in the squad and not Delia's wine cellar.

Mason Bloomfield has signed for Hartlepool . I am lost with football . Why do we sign players who we then never use ?

If the rumours of Lewis trying to push through a move I am happy to sell but he has to understand that it has to be on our terms. I don't rate him as a defender and think McCallum will be a good replacement if not better.

I think if this happens it might come down to Liverpool offering a fee, say 13/14 million and then have add ons over time that equate to around the 20 million mark.

Liverpool will not wait around and I think it could end badly for Lewis. He is at a good club and should just do as Aarons is and concentrate on Norwich until Liverpool meet the asking price. It might be that he ends up somewhere else.

If he is sold I do hope the club either replace him with another signing or promote a youth player like Nizet or more likely Richards. I don't want us going into another season with one left back and relying on Byram to cover.

German clubs are apparently after Vrancic. He has come out and said he 'thinks' he'll be at Norwich next season.

'I have another year of contract with Norwich and I think I will stay. However, you know how it is in this business, you never know everything in advance'

When asked about clubs interest in him he replied:

I also heard that they (Arminia Bielefeld) are interested in me, but first I decided to go on vacation, and then I will see what and how to proceed with this.'

Is that him saying to the club 'hey give me a new deal and play me, or I am off'.

Vrancic is 31 and is probably think that this could be his last 'big' move. He talks about internationals and wanting to play for Bosnia. I think he might want to move on. It is a shame as we were patient with him but I guess its his life.

On his day and when we are in control he is a good player but I find when the game is tough and we are on the back foot he becomes a passenger.

I think losing Vrancic, Emi, Leitner, Cantwell would be tough as all have that magic in them and it would be hard to replace that.

Bloomfield was a strange singing as he was like 22 and was seen as a development squad player. At 22 you'd want to be signing for a club to mix with the first team. He came with potential but his loans never really worked out and he got injured (like most Norwich players).

I thought he was going to be a Cody McDonald type signing. Plucked from nowhere and would be involved from the bench and cup games. He was signed and just loaned out. I think the club thought it could be a Vardy situ and they would maybe makes some money back but nope.

I think this will be the case for a lot of the u23 signed players like Power, Gilmour, Fitzpatrick, Adshead.

The one who I think was a mistake to release, apart from McGeehan, is Jaiyesimi. I think he would have been a good squad addition this coming season

I am not sure the club is willing to sell Buendia but for the right price would. I think they'd rather keep him.

His attitude is maybe something the DF would rather not have. It is interesting that Leitner and Emi could be moved on as both are very good friends and both have that toys out of the pram style.

I think Emi has the talent and will be very good if he has top players around him and he is played as a number 10. I think he is a little wasted playing as a right winger. With signings like Placheta and Sinani it does look like they are here to replace Emi. Some people are saying the signing of Dowell is the sign that emi is on his way out but Dowell is more an attacking midfielder in Stiepermann, Leitner, Vrancic role....whilst Emi has always been played as a right winger here.

Buying young players doesn’t seem to be an exact science. Some make it and some don’t. In Farke’s recent interview he talked about “if one in five make it then that’s good.”
I guess the outlay is usually small so you take a gamble and see what happens...

Buying young players doesn’t seem to be an exact science. Some make it and some don’t. In Farke’s recent interview he talked about “if one in five make it then that’s good.”
I guess the outlay is usually small so you take a gamble and see what happens...

True. However DF does not even risk any in league cup or in games that are more or less won or lost with time to go.

We say 20 million they offer 10 million....how silly.

Reports are 8 million and 2 million in add ons. That is disrespectful.

I think they'll come back with another offer.