Summer 2020 transfers | Page 26 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

A little harsh on Trybull, YB. His performance in the 1-3 win over Leeds was immense. I accept he’s struggled in the PL, probably above his level but not his fault. Leitner’s attitude has seemingly done for him. Shame, I had high hopes for him...
Leitner has talent but the premiership was too much and his attitude a you say Tucks was poor and that always = bye when DF is concerned.

Trybull had a few good games in the championship but for me he isn't good enough. I remember a screamer he scored for us against Boro I think.

Good to read that Drmic is also on that list of three that the club are happy to move on. I hope we get a fee for them.....I am sure between the three we can get in a couple of million.

Larouci has the skill and looks a beast of a left back but you do have to wonder why he wasn't backup to Robinson. Last season Klopp would rather Milner play left back, or even the right footed Williams and I think Henderson covered there too. So maybe the lad just isn't up to the Premiership standard.

Saying all that I think Lewis struggled too. He is good going forward (even if he had to stop, slow it down and go backwards) but he was targeted many times by the opposition - he didn't get much help from Cantwell though.

I have just looked is next season going to be squeezed into 8 months? If so that is a lot of midweek games (that means a lot of the games will be on the SKY red button) it also means our injury prone squad will need to have a lot of backup players

From the EDP:

“Leitner underwent hernia surgery, ruling him out of the run in, and his agent, Wassily Krastanas, is quoted by PA on Wednesday morning as saying they are now exploring other options.”

“Together with the club we are looking for a good solution, with which both the club and the player are happy,” he said. “Moritz had a great time in Norwich and has developed in every way. The discussions were and are always open and fair, that is what characterises the people responsible for the Canaries.”

Palace were also interested. They apparently offered 12 million in January which was rejected, so 10 million should be rejected too.

I see that reports are now saying we have asked for at least £20 million for Lewis.
The Telegraph reporting that Norwich would demand £20m for Lewis and feel under no pressure to sell - that’s much more like it.

Surely Lewis is worth more thsn the 10 million being mentioned?

Reports say Liverpool are in advanced talks with Lewis and 10 million has been agreed. I thought we didn't need to sell unless the offers were massive. 10 million is nothing in today's footballing world. Surely that is wrong. Unless it is 10 million up front, with add ons, player coming our way on loan (I did mention a while back that we had scouts watching Liverpool youth side).

Still I'd say he is worth more than 10 million
Sounds like klopps mugging off DF and 10m is a fucking joke, if mawson was worth 20m 2 seasons ago why is lewis who is younger going for half that?!

Power going to Lynn is good for him but I do wonder if he will be another guy who will be released.

He impressed in his short time with them last season making six appearances and scoring twice with two assists .

At 22 and 23 this coming season you'd think he would be one of the lads who would be promoted to our first team especially with us back in the championship. and his contract up next summer - I think there is an extension option available.

According to The Athletic:

Liverpool value Lewis at £10m, while Norwich value him at £20m

Liverpool are prepared to offer £8m + £2m add-ons

Liverpool have not officially made contact with Norwich yet

Norwich are yet to receive a serious enquiry about any of their players

Liverpool would be prepared to walk away if the fee is too much (good) and have other options

Norwich will hold out for a large fee because it strengthens their hand with other players like Godfrey, Cantwell, Aarons and Buendia

Norwich are in a financially sound position and do not have to sell anyone. They may well choose to do so though, to freshen up the squad

With Sam McCallum already in the squad, City have a ready made replacement. Talk of signing Yasser Larouci is therefore not likely