Summer 2020 transfers | Page 23 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

Good to hear Aarons say positive things and that he'll be back for next season unless the club decide otherwise unlike Drmic who was much more 'I want to leave'.

'It’s kind of natural that, as a 20-year-old playing in the Premier League, there will be things out there in the press, but I leave that to the people off the pitch, like Stuart (Webber) or the club, to deal with. I’ve just tried to focus on finishing the season well in myself and now going away, relaxing over the weeks we have off, and then coming in strong for pre-season. Anything else that happens or takes place, it’s not really in my hands. All I can do as a professional footballer is try to develop my game and come back sharp, come back strong and come back ready for a big season. I’ve got four years left on my contract here, so I’ll be coming back ready to go, ready to attack next year.'

The Athletic have confirmed that Leeds United have made initial contact with Norwich City over the availability of Buendia for a transfer this summer.

I would like to keep hold of him but I think the temptation for Emi to play under Bielsa and another season in the premiership would be too much.

If they offer large then maybe it is time to say goodbye to Emi. I think he suffered more than most in the system we had and I am sure Bielsa would play him more as a number 10.

Raggett set to sign for Portsmouth. All the best to him.

I see Derby have released Chrissy Martin. Hmmm, could he add anything to our squad? I a not saying I would want him here but just throwing the thought out their - would you take a free Chris Martin as back up?

Raggett set to sign for Portsmouth. All the best to him.

I see Derby have released Chrissy Martin. Hmmm, could he add anything to our squad? I a not saying I would want him here but just throwing the thought out their - would you take a free Chris Martin as back up?
Never, been to over weight and slow for a few seasons now

So DF has said he wants experienced players

'We also need to have some proper experienced signings with a bit higher guarantee that they deliver on the top class level. That’s what we are looking for regarding the financial possibilities we have and if they can help us in the mid and long term, we’re focused on that type of transfer. It’s brilliant to have these young lads with potential, but it won’t be enough to promote them. They have a great club in terms of trust, giving them time and a stage to develop.'

Then he kind of says that all the signings we have made we can't expect them to be starting for us maybe only one of them will brwal into the squad and it's important that the main core group are kept. I really hope we aren't signing all these guys for u23 and loans. Then we try to go back up with players who have failed this season and might have that negative mindset (that happened with AN).

'One key topic will be to keep our best players and we’re then in a good position because we don’t have any financial problems at all. Our scouting and recruitment are always aware of young talent and it’s important not to put too much pressure on them. If we sign four or five young talents from lower tiers or tiers abroad like the Luxembourg league, the second tier in France or League One or League Two, we won’t expect them to immediately be the best player in their position. If one of these five signings is capable of having the breakthrough, then everything was right. We have to be very careful in praising them too much too early. We will give them the time, they will have a good stage in order to present themselves.
We’ll create a surrounding where if they are hard working and fully focused, they have everything in order to grow, improve and develop. Hopefully they will, but the core group will always be together and we need to keep our best players.'

Chris Martin is an interesting player at this level. He is not good enough for the PL but he knows where the goal is at Championship level.
He definitely over achieved last season, ending up as Derby’s joint top scorer with Waghorn on 11 goals, after a season or two of mediocrity. He also laid on the most assists in the Rams’ team.
He fits the bill of being “experienced“ but I’ve never liked his attitude since we let him go, whenever he’s played against us.
Martin showed some very good link up play for Derby as well as being a physical player and Cocu didn’t want to let him go.
Consider this situation, would you choose Drmic to be chief understudy to Pukki?
He’s shown me nothing to make me think we should keep him but we may have to as he still has a two-year contract with us. If we could move him on, that’s the only way I see us bringing in another striker. So it would be Pukki, Idah and another. If that “other” was Martin then I think he would work quite well as a back-up to Pukki. He is as experienced as it gets, bearing Farke’s recent comments in mind.
Teemu will start as the main man but if he doesn’t re-discover his form then he’ll be quickly dropped. I’m not sure that Idah is mature enough as a player yet to expect a full season from him and we will surely only have three striking options.
I‘m not saying go and get Martin but we could do a lot worse...

Villa are looking to sign one of our youngsters. Ruben Shakpoke, who once score 8 goals in one game against Watford u15, has rejected a scholarship contract with us is now wanting to leave and find another club. Villa have held talks but apparently PSV are interested. Looks like one of the talented youngsters might be slipping through the net.

A defender has been linked. Apparently we have held talks with Mike van der hoorn from swansea.

Swans fans are not that fussed about him leaving but annoyed it's to another championship club.

He is 27 and 6'3. Has championship experience. I like him and think he'd defo add to our team.

Oh and he will cost nothing as he is out of contract so that is music to norwich ears.

My concern is that he had a bad knee injury in January and he didn't recover as they thought he would. I don't think he played a gane after January. Another central defender with injury issues.....hmmmm

Last edited:
Aston Oxborough is set for a season-long loan to Salford. You heard it here first 😉 A decent next step, I’d say...

Aston Oxborough is set for a season-long loan to Salford. You heard it here first 😉 A decent next step, I’d say...
League 2, are they? Good move and I'd hope this will be last one before pushing for number 1. So if he goes we will have McGovern and Krul surely that means a GK is on the cards....do you think tucks?

League 2, are they? Good move and I'd hope this will be last one before pushing for number 1. So if he goes we will have McGovern and Krul surely that means a GK is on the cards....do you think tucks?
Yep, got to be another keeper coming in for this season. Maybe a loan? with Mair and Oxborough on the up and Aston looking to be the furthest advanced, might be a waste of money to buy someone now...

A defender has been linked. Apparently we have held talks with Mike van der hoorn from swansea.

Swans fans are not that fussed about him leaving but annoyed it's to another championship club.

He is 27 and 6'3. Has championship experience. I like him and think he'd defo add to our team.

Oh and he will cost nothing as he is out of contract so that is music to norwich ears.

My concern is that he had a bad knee injury in January and he didn't recover as they thought he would. I don't think he played a gane after January. Another central defender with injury issues.....hmmmm
Not good enough for me when ive watched him play, think he played against us when we went up and i thought he was not very good then too