Summer 2020 transfers | Page 22 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

Maybe the style he talks about (park the bus) was why Pukki suffered - which means it is mostly DFs fault.

Probably Farke off did not get the best from him and will do better elsewhere
but he did not take his chance when it did come.

Dr Miss :wave:

NC sign Kieran Dowell from Everton . Sounds to have plenty of Championship experience ! Thoughts Tucks and Bears ?

NC sign Kieran Dowell from Everton . Sounds to have plenty of Championship experience ! Thoughts Tucks and Bears ?
This lad has a lot of Championship experience from numerous loan spells. Always was going to be hard for him to get game time in the first team at Everton, although Ancelotti does not seem to have a problem with playing young players.
He did very well on-loan at Wigan since January and at 22, looks like the perfect age. I think he is a player on the way up.
My worry is that he is a replacement for either Cantwell or Buendia as he is an attacking midfielder but he seems a solid player for our league...

This lad has a lot of Championship experience from numerous loan spells. Always was going to be hard for him to get game time in the first team at Everton, although Ancelotti does not seem to have a problem with playing young players.
He did very well on-loan at Wigan since January and at 22, looks like the perfect age. I think he is a player on the way up.
My worry is that he is a replacement for either Cantwell or Buendia as he is an attacking midfielder but he seems a solid player for our league...

He looks to be more of a Stiepermann/Vrancic replacement to me, than a winger like Buendia/Cantwell (he seems to have played either CAM, or as part of a midfield three).

But agree with the consensus - seems a promising signing. Has had some good loans, hopefully with a full time home now he can settle quickly and show that form he showed at Wigan! Bonus is he helps the homegrown too.

And also completely out of the blue - don't think any reporter knew of this! I like those ones more haha

He looks to be more of a Stiepermann/Vrancic replacement to me, than a winger like Buendia/Cantwell (he seems to have played either CAM, or as part of a midfield three).

But agree with the consensus - seems a promising signing. Has had some good loans, hopefully with a full time home now he can settle quickly and show that form he showed at Wigan! Bonus is he helps the homegrown too.

And also completely out of the blue - don't think any reporter knew of this! I like those ones more haha
Absolutely, came completely out of left field...

I am excited about this Kieron Dowell signing. I saw him a few times last season and he reminded me of Maddison. I think we have a good signing there as long as DF doesn't give him the Edwards/Roberts treatment.

I agree I don't see him as a Emi replacement I think that would be Placheta. As Olly says I think he will be competing with Stipermann for that number 10 role and that could also see the end of Leitner/Vrancic. He has good experience and at decent clubs.

I think that is a super signing much like Byram last season.

Also, alot of Everton fans aren't that happy about him being sold, much like the Sunderland fans and Mumba.

8 new players. I still think we need a new forward (especially with Drmic probably going) and a central defender.

Saying that we also need a new GK too. I don't want Krul (if he even stays) to have McGovern as his main competition for the number 1 spot. We need another GK.

Goalkeeper
Central Defender
Forward

Please, Mr Webber.

And also it depends on who leaves. If Lewis goes we will need another new LB. If both Drmic and Pukki go we will need two new forwards, if Emi and Cantwell leave we will need another new winger etc.

According to German football magazine, Kicker, they say Aarons wants to stay in England ‘A Norwich insider believes Aarons will snub any potential overseas interest and seal a Premier League move soon.'

It’s worth noting that Dowell was in the last year of his contract at Everton.
According to Michael Bailey Norwich think they have got a bargain.

It’s worth noting that Dowell was in the last year of his contract at Everton.
According to Michael Bailey Norwich think they have got a bargain.
Everton fans aren't that happy.

I think this will be another Webber bargain like Byram and he wouldn't have spent more than a million for him.

He has the experience we do need.

Yeah I was surprised to read he is only 22 - he seems to have played in the championship for a few seasons now, remember us playing against Forest in 2017/18 and he played iirc. Certainly a good amount of games for a young player, and plenty of championship experience. Exciting one!