Summer 2020 transfers | Page 14 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

I'd say no but he ticks all the boxes - young, talented and English. He will probably be a much better player under a manager who can mold him. DF has done really well with him but I just don't see him developing much more with DF. Also, I think he would be so much better as a defensive midfielder.

If someone offers that money then bite their hand off.

Would be nice to get it , but where would the money go ? The Smiths pleaded poverty this season dispite an estimated income of over £100m and spent £750,000. If Godfrey is to be sold we will need at least a strong central defender and a proven striker . With the Smiths record I doubt if we will see either

Last edited:
Would be nice to get it , but where would the money go ? The Smiths pleaded poverty this season dispite an estimated income of over £100m and spent £750,000. If Godfrey is to be sold we will need at least a strone central defender and a proven striker . With the Smiths record I doubt if we will see either
Well DF said we are in a sound financial state so all money from signings will be put back into transfers....but he will again find out this is not true.

Even sky last night mentioned that as a club we are in a great financial situation and next season will have buckets of money to spend especially if some of our talent is sold....try telling this to the staff members on furlough and to DF when he tries to splash some money next season

Reported that Sorensen will cost us 1 million...that's our budget spent then.

Also if we spend more for championship season it will bring the question to my mind 'why didn't we spend that this season'

DF says that we have money and don't need to sell but then says it will be 3 years before we can spend money on quality players....ouch sinani, Sitti, McCallum.

'Hopefully in two or three years we will be able to spend some money into bringing real quality, another level of quality, to make our lives easier – it would make my life easier, that’s for sure. So I am looking forward to being in this position.'

Will Webber and DF even be here on 3 years? If we don't spend money then we could be in another level before we know it.

So 2023 we will be able to spend big money on quality players

What a joke . Farke needs to understand that the Smiths will never truely invest in the team . They didn’t do this season when we had the chance with the Prem riches , so why should they do it in 3 years time after we have lost the parachute payments and are an average Championship side ?

What is leitner's injury? Because he looks fit and has been running and working out like a crazy person since it was announced he has an injury.

AC Milan and Roma have become the latest clubs to join the race for Norwich City defender Ben Godfrey, according to a report.

I hope any negative attitude or atmosphere effects the new guts who are now at the club.

Sitti
Sinani
McCallum

Are training at the club now just saw pics

So norwich want to buy man for a lower price...Are we surprised

The owner of Steaua Bucharest has made his claims about negotiations for Dennis Man public, saying Norwich City want to pay closer to £5million up front after baulking at his £15m valuation of the winger.

'The sports director Webber and the lawyer came. I asked, they noted, and they said that what he’s playing at the moment isn’t worth 15 million pounds. I said yes, of course. They said he was worth five million pounds right now. Then I said that it didn’t make sense to talk any more. It’s true he isn’t worth it at the moment, but he’s 21 years old. He will make 100 million in three years.'

'They then asked me if I would loan him and I told them no way. I made a deal with them. It is pay 10 million, plus five depending on how he plays there. That’s what they agreed on, they take him to play. They said they would talk to their owners (delia smith) and give an answer in a few days. I have no problem with Man leaving immediately.

So we agreed on a fee (sounds like 10 million and then an extra 5 on appearance, goals etc)

10 million is a big fee for us.

It is interesting reading what DFsays about new players having No pressure on them to play in 1st team....what other side brings in new players and says they are not expect to play.

I wish him well and hope he improves the team .In the meantime I wait for news of the central defenders we desperately need after 2 seasons of leaking goals like a sieve

I see promotion chasing Brentford are intersted in offering Jaiyesimi a contract. I was and still am surprised that we released him. He was getting good reviews at Swindon. He looked the part and I think would have been a good addition to the championship squad.