Summer 2020 transfers | Page 12 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

If I were a scout at Norwich I would recommed Matt Smith.

He has always caused us issues. The guy is massive and you can see he causes defenders some many headaches. I am sure we could afford him from Millwall. I believe he is their top goalscorer but hardly starts. He is a leader and will give us a different dimention from the same old same old (Pukki - Drmic same player).

So al the fans who said 'splashing the cash doesn't work look at that season we spent money and went down' well spending absolutly nothing doesn't work either. I just wish we had spent money on a central defender, winger and forward. We went in for the cheap options and then still hadn't learnt come January...signing Duda and Rupp...when we needed a central defender badly and another forward.

Any one else think it's funny how we have worst GD, leak goals and are bottom but yet 3 of those defenders who have been involved in this.

Lewis, Aarons and Godfrey all linked with moves.

I think one of the issues is we've missed a combative midfielder to help protect the defence. We also have missed Zimmermann as he brought some organisation into the defence. It would have been nice like you said to sign another defender, a proper leader style defender then perhaps we could give Godfrey a run in midfield.

I think one of the issues is we've missed a combative midfielder to help protect the defence. We also have missed Zimmermann as he brought some organisation into the defence. It would have been nice like you said to sign another defender, a proper leader style defender then perhaps we could give Godfrey a run in midfield.
I'm sure at York and Shrewsbury he was played in that role and did well but at norwich they don't seem to see him as a defensive midfielder. First AN saw him as a right back and even as left back cover and now DF sees him.as a CB. I think he makes mistakes that if made in a midfield role wouldn't get punished. Obviously the guy wants to play and because of all the injuries he has to play there but I think if the club would have sat down and thought 'let's have Godfrey as a combative defensive midfielder and let's go sign another central defender' they would have been in a better situ now. Trybull is not a defensive midfielder. I can't even remember if he was good last season.

I also find it interesting that DF says he has pukki's back and that pukki can trust him to be behind him even if he is struggling but that's not the same for others like leitner, Steipermann, vrancic. What must they think?

My thinking is the players reacted badly to Df's media stuff, they have lost confidence in his ability and their own and the manager might have also lost belief in himself and his philosophy. All that, coupled with poor recruitment has made for a poor season.

In all honesty which players from the squad do you think will leave or still be here for next season? I have a break from my work and just wanted to see who you guys think will leave or stay. I have put into the positions so that we can see where we might need recruitment.

Krul
McGovern
Oxborough

Aarons
Byram
Thomas

Lewis
Hiese
McCallum (N)

Godfrey
Hanley
Klose
Zimmermann
Famewo
Raggett

Tettey
Trybull
Gilmour
Sitti (N)

Vrancic
Thompson
Leitner
McLean
Rupp

Hernandez
Martin
Sinani (N)

Stiepermann
Cantwell

Emi

Drmic
Pukki
Idah
Morris

There are also the U23 player like Adshead (heard lots of good things from Rochdale fans) - Fitzpatrick (remember him the guy was getting all kinds of attention and was playing for Partick Thistle) - Richards - Power who surely can't remain in the U23 for another season.

Cantwell , Arrons , Emi and Godfrey will go to fuel the Smiths desparate desire to cling onto the ownership of NC no matter what damage it causes . Drmic is useless and has to go , and sadly Pukki seems to have lost it with us and may need a new challenge . I can’t see Morris and Raggett ever playing for us . The average players like Steiperman and Vrancic will stay , and that is what we will become .....an average Championship side stuck in the wilderness

Jamar saved me from getting some stick when I lived in Huddersfield !! He scored in the last second of a 2-2 draw in 14/15 and I was there at the Galpharm to savour the moment !

Are we confident Webber will get the right players in for a push back to the prem?

He has had some good ones but man he was very poor this season with signings.

As long as Duda goes and takes the shit Drmic with him , that is at least a start . In fact ,most of this loser team can go for me including Teabag and Klose who have between them help to relegate us not once but TWICE in four seasons . Well done chaps :clap:

Smiths will sell him to keep themselves in power and to keep the club solvent so they can leave it silent Tom . Expect Onel , Buendia , Jamal and Max Srrons to go as well

Next season as need a leader, maybe an experienced championship player someone with heart and passion...is tgere anyone like that?

Also Tettey seems okay to play 2 games a week now.

Godfrey is English (always more expensive), young and talented...I'd hope over 25 million with add ons

Seen a few posts of social about how Drmic is earning 50k a week....anyone know if this is true?