Summer 2020 transfers | Page 10 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

Personally I think Stiepermann and Vrancic have been harshly treated this season - is Stiepermann really any worse than Duda? Not for me.

The Leeds/Buendia story is made up by Read Norwich. Complete nonsense.

As for what I have heard, nothing post Covid, but pre-Covid I had heard that Liverpool were heavily in for Cantwell, but that might be effected by Covid as they are one of the top clubs who have said they won't be spending as much.

Buendia I have heard has interest from clubs in the top flight in Spain - Atletico Madrid mentioned. Couldn't begrudge him such a move if one comes about.

Personally providing we get good fees for these players, I would sell them this summer and give Webber/Farke an actual good budget to sign players. They've had to make do with loans, small fees and free transfers for so long now, I'd like to see what they could do with some more money behind them. We also do have some replacements lined up and here already for these players, so not like we have to spend money on replacements only
I agree but the worry is we will sell and DF will not get that money to spend. He will be given the same old 'self funded club ' crap and have to sign replacements on a shoe string.

Personally I think Stiepermann and Vrancic have been harshly treated this season - is Stiepermann really any worse than Duda? Not for me.

The Leeds/Buendia story is made up by Read Norwich. Complete nonsense.

As for what I have heard, nothing post Covid, but pre-Covid I had heard that Liverpool were heavily in for Cantwell, but that might be effected by Covid as they are one of the top clubs who have said they won't be spending as much.

Buendia I have heard has interest from clubs in the top flight in Spain - Atletico Madrid mentioned. Couldn't begrudge him such a move if one comes about.

Personally providing we get good fees for these players, I would sell them this summer and give Webber/Farke an actual good budget to sign players. They've had to make do with loans, small fees and free transfers for so long now, I'd like to see what they could do with some more money behind them. We also do have some replacements lined up and here already for these players, so not like we have to spend money on replacements only
I aso agree that Duda hasn't shown me anything for me to say he is better than Siepermann - Leitner - Vrancic. Also, the same with Rupp he doesn't look any better than our current midfielders.

Duda and Rupp were poor additions who have failed.
Sadly I see more of those in championship next season as Smiffs self funded disaster policy will continue to fail.

Duda and Rupp were poor additions who have failed.
Sadly I see more of those in championship next season as Smiffs self funded disaster policy will continue to fail.
It says a lot that DF wanted Rupp for next season but Rupp wanted to come asap. I really don't know what Rupp is. Is he a central midfielder, right winger, defensive player? Duda looked up for one game then decided that is all. Even when he came on last week he did nothing. The Pink Un chaps seem to all want him in the 11 but is this more because he is supposed to be a good player?

Goos youngster. Was reported a week or so ago that we had an offer accepted. 350k is about our price range. Sunderland fans upset at losing him and think he should be involved with 1st team. Will he be loaned out or will be be the Aarons replacement ?

With Sinani (attacking left winger) , Sitti (defensive midfielder), McCallum (left back), Soto (Forward) (did we actually sign him) and Mumba (right back) and with players like Famewo, Thompson, Richards, Thomas, Gilmour in the wings I do wonder how many other signings we will make. I guess it depends on who goes.

I expect most of this present team to go . They will become part of the past and just how this team was formed , the future will be our youth players and cheap buys

I hope we had the sense to put a relegation clause in their contracts . After they have managed to relegate us I hope those who stay are on significantly reduced wages

Duda certainly cannot take a decent corner or free kick. You have to wonder why no-one else was up for it. Drmic was just invisible.
Who are are set piece takers? If Duda was the best on the pitch thst is scary. Emi took one within minutes of coming on and we nearly scored. Even DF was pissed with duda's set pieces but left him on them.

Duda's set pieces were shocking.
There is no excuse for a professional footballer to be so bad at free kicks and corners. During commentary JP asked why after another shocking corner, the players did not have a pop at him and not be ok with abject crap again,.