Summer 2020 transfers | Page 2 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

Leitner doesn't seem to be with squad. Putting videos up of him training in a gym.with snowy mountain veiws. Keeping fit for nect move. I'm guessing he'll be one to go in summer.

Leitner doesn't seem to be with squad. Putting videos up of him training in a gym.with snowy mountain veiws. Keeping fit for nect move. I'm guessing he'll be one to go in summer.
I noticed that too, Bears. He does seem to have been cut adrift somewhat. Farke showed with Nelson Olivera that he’s quite prepared to exclude “difficult” players. I don’t know for definite what happened between them but something has certainly happened.

I noticed that too, Bears. He does seem to have been cut adrift somewhat. Farke showed with Nelson Olivera that he’s quite prepared to exclude “difficult” players. I don’t know for definite what happened between them but something has certainly happened.
Agreed. I hear read a few times that leitner got in a big mood when subbed against Bournemouth I think and then I've read again that the follow up meeting due to that didn't go well and finally he wasn't happy about idah taking the pen for his Hatrick. As you say DF will cut you out if you aren't a team player or some disrespect.

Ypung Martin said in an interview that he was told to put in 100% in training, show ypu 3njoy it and importantly you must always shake the bosses (DF) hand after training to show him and coaching team respect.

I just wonder. Let us pretend Webber knows what he is doing (I suspect Delia has very little input).
Say, as it looks likely, we are relegated and we lose many of our star players. The income from the sales would be very good; it has already been touted that Godfrey and Aarons could go for £85 m + add ons. £60 m for Cantwell is not unrealistic and so on. We will get something in excess of £40 m in parachute payments as well as about £5 m in solidarity payments. That lot plus other players I haven't mentioned and our earnings from the Prem this time round; we've been on the tele quite a lot so that could be quite substantial.
We are looking at massive earnings albeit at the decimation of a fantastic team. However, a team that finished bottom (possibly) of the Premier League.
Much has been said, with which for what it is worth I am completely in agreement, about the young talent waiting in the wings. Let us assume that Webber can weave his magic and fill the gaps with skilled talent for a few tens of thousands of pounds like he did before.
Let us further assume that the new team will deliver beyond expectations, like they did last season and get us promoted again.
This time however, we are there with a pretty healthy bank balance; better placed than some to enhance our squad with proven talent. A £30 m striker, defender, midfield guru would be affordable backed up by burgeoning talent honed in the Championship.
Might that be preferable to scraping over the line to stay up only to lose our stars in any case? Would we turn down £50 m for Godfrey?
We would be in the position of needing to rebuild our team but for them to build their skills against Premier opposition and leave us struggling at the foot of the table once more. Alternatively spend all we have and more in order to stay up year after year after year. Eventually we are spent out and close to bankruptcy just as we are relegated.
Like most of us, I believe our place is rightly in the Premier League; there are some dreadful teams above us that have somehow managed to play anti football and survive. When I come to watch Norwich I know I will see delightful, skilful football. Players who can make those £30 m - £40 m even £50 m men in the opposition look ordinary. Okay, the £130 m wondershot is on a different level but I would like to see that in one of ours. Especially if he came from our youth development programme.
So, let us bite the bullet and, if we are relegated let us place our faith in Webber because I seriously believe he will produce. Support our new team in the Championship with a careful eye on our reserved place in the Premier League in September 2021.:wahey:

What will actually happen.
All good players will be sold and money used together with parachute payments to deal with about 4 years of losses which we incurred in championship before.
We will be left with second rate German players and be mid table at best.

Webber may well know what he is doing but has Smiffs no spend policy
to deal with and has admitted he is off in 2 years as DF may well do before his reputation is lowered by lack of signings.
( Not helped by his really off substitution policy )

Therefore we will be left without our current management and players with the only constant being owners ( the cause of our problems )

That is Godfrey - 50 million
Aarons - 35 million
and now Cantwell - £30 million

115 million right there.

Funny how Cantwell did struggle last season but has now become a 30 million pound player. I always rated him and knew he'd become good. I just wonder have there been others who could have also done it in this league but haven't got their chance like Idah, Famewo etc?

I can see Cantwell wanting out - he is a local lad but an Arsenal fan (went to the game yesterday I believe) and is very ambitious.

Aarons again like Cantwell is ambitious and will not want to be in the championship.

Godfrey I could actually see wanting to stay around until January to see what happens but I think the massive £50 million will turn out heads.

Up next I expect rumours of offers for Lewis, now that he will be playing again.

Let us assume that Webber can weave his magic and fill the gaps with skilled talent for a few tens of thousands of pounds like he did before.

Its a case of continuing to develop our own Academy talent and buying in young prospects like McCallum who may cost a few million (not thousands).

Just like Chase's player trading and Academy but on a bigger scale (numbers and geographically). We use to go and sign players in Spurs reserves e.g., Culverhouse, Bowen and Crook.

Geographically we are obviously now looking in countries such as the Republic of Ireland, Scotland, Belgium, France, Spain and Germany.

If we are to sell Godfrey and Aarons I just hope we are astute enough to get really big fees e.g., £50m and £35m and not just sell out talent on the cheap.

Just a quick one. Who do you guys think will be sold next summer?

Will players like Stiepermann, Vrancic be kept as they showed that they are decent at that level?

I want to be in the premiership by the time Webber goes....otherwise it will be back to Delia running the show and that will not go down well.

On train home so poor connection but did I just see trybull put up picture on social media on a beach in Holland with new home as title?

Neither can I ..... the excitement of Rotherham and Wycombe Wanderers coming to play us in the League is certainly something to look forwards to

"Real" football clubs with "real" football fans.........just like Division One days. Hartlepool, Carlise, Stockport where the away support was down to the hardcore 1,000.......by the time it became obvious that we were in the hunt for promotion the glory hunters had pushed the away support to 3,000.

Just a quick one. Who do you guys think will be sold next summer?
If we get big enough offers:
Aarons - Tottenham
Godfrey - various clubs will be in the chase
Cantwell - Liverpool
McLaren - if WHU really do make us an offer

the goalie and Duda will return to their parent clubs
Leitner will be shipped off to Germany or Italy

More building work will be made at Colney.

If we get big enough offers:
Aarons - Tottenham
Godfrey - various clubs will be in the chase
Cantwell - Liverpool
McLaren - if WHU really do make us an offer

the goalie and Duda will return to their parent clubs
Leitner will be shipped off to Germany or Italy

More building work will be made at Colney.

Aarons
Godfrey
Cantwell

These three are my bet, all for big money.