Summer 2020 transfers | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

Bolshie Budgie

Vital Champions League
The first post goes to FC Bears (from the other thread):

Probably need to start a new thread called Summer 2020 transfers.

I have just read that we are looking at singing Reading forward Danny Loader. His deal is up in summer and we along with Wolves are interested in him. Could have done with getting in a new forward in January but hey hoe.

12 games and 1 goal so far this season but another that is used as a winger.

Last edited:
Well if they are offering Tettey another contract (one year?) then presumably we are not buying another DM this summer.

Hope they will still go for 6' 4" Botman - left sided CB. and have another go to sign Turnbull.

I see we are being linked with Danny Loader of Reading. He's out of contract in the summer (standard compensation fee only?).

DOB 28/8/00
1m 82 6'
England U16, U17, U18, U19 and U20
Centre forward

League Cups
2019 -20 1+6 0goals 3+2 1goal 4+8 1goal
Championship

2018 - 19 8+13 1 goal 1 - 9+13 1 goal
Championship

Last edited:
Tim Klose May be back in action for April reports DF . Good news but it all may be a bit too late by then .

I see the Pink Un this morning is proudly talking about City’s top brass being busy ‘planning for the future’ . Only problem is that they left 3 words out of that sentence . it should have ended with ‘ planning for the future in the Championship ’

Hiese, like amadou, has come out and seems to be saying he wants to stay in Germany.

'It was an indescribable feeling. I was nervous, felt like I was ten years old and allowed to kick with my friends again. This club is a club where I could imagine staying. But that is not just my decision, but also that of Nürnberg.'

Be interesting to see who these new transfers are in the summer that DF has been talking about

I see in the Pink Un this morning that Farke has just discovered that we can’t win game games because we haven’t bought the quality players costing £10m or 20m . It’s a great pity he didn't tell the Smiths that in the summer. He doesn't need to tell the press or us fans that as we already knew it.I fact he his still covering up for the Smiths total lack of ability to run a Premier League by calling it ‘the Norwich way’.

Is It any wonder That we are heading straight back down as the worst Norwich side to ever play in the Premier League ?

It’s a great pity he didn't tell the Smiths that in the summer.

He might have done so behind closed doors.

Even if he had told the Stowmarket Two it would have made no difference. They haven't got the money and they have no intention of passing the baton other than to nephew Tom.

Enjoy!

If we are in the championship next summer we should have a look at Peterborough forward Ivan Toney.

Interesting idea...but if Pukki goes in the summer i wonder if they will go for Grant at Huddersfield? Scored four Prem goals in nine starts for Huddersfield

Huddersfield Town rejected a £15m bid from ‘ an unnamed club ‘ in the latest transfer window for Grant. ( Huddersfield Examiner ). Now, as the Smiths don’t want to even spend £2/6d on players then that unnamed club certainly wasn’t us ! Considering that the Smiths sanctioned spending just £750,000 in the summer in the Premier League , they certainly aren’t going to spend £15m in the Championship to buy Grant .

Reports today that Spurs are lining up a bid for Godfrey thought to be £50 million with add ons.....if that is the case I would take it - £50 million wow.

Spurs have also been linked with a move for Aarons of around 35 million.

If we do sell Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis, Cantwell and Buendia --- plus I am sure clubs will be in with offers for Pukki you'd have to guess that we would have so much money (with rumours of Godfrey 50 million, Aarons 35 million, Lewis 15 million, Cantwell? (probably 15 million), Buendia? ( probably 20 mill), McLean 15 million and Pukki could be anything) that alone is about 150 million add any pukki fee and any other fees for players. Plus any money from the Premiership (is that in the 100 million?) and plus any money not spent this season, but will Farke see any of this money or will he be given a small amount of say 10 million? I'd think if that money came in and DF wasn't given a fair amount he would be pissed and so would we. I understand that the money won't be straight into the account as 50 million but probably a straight-up fee of 15 million with instalments but still, we should have a large pot of money..........shouldn't we?

Ah and then I see another article saying that spurs will offer around £85 million for both Aarons and Godfrey - That would be an offer the club couldn't turn down but I hope it is put back into the club and not the wine cellar and Cabin boy Tom's train set.

(with rumours of Godfrey 50 million, Aarons 35 million, Lewis 15 million, Cantwell? (probably 15 million), Buendia? ( probably 20 mill), McLean 15 million and Pukki could be anything)

Godfrey £50m plus add ons - I would accept that
Aarons £35m plus add ons - I would accept that

McLean £10m - £15m from WHU (if true?) - I would accept that

Lewis - £15m no thanks
Cantwell - £15m no thanks
Buendia - £20m definitely no thanks. Anyway he needs to work on his game more with us.

I fear it will be the later
When we go down and have this money it would be a great time to go out and buy a top forward and a top central defender.

I have been watching Raggett at Pompey and he looks a real good defender - I just wonder if he has had his confidence knocked out of him at Norwich. He is massive too I think like 6'6. Maybe league 1 is his level but I would have liked to have seen him given a run of games. Plus he is a homegrown player.

Godfrey £50m plus add ons - I would accept that
Aarons £35m plus add ons - I would accept that

McLean £10m - £15m from WHU (if true?) - I would accept that

Lewis - £15m no thanks
Cantwell - £15m no thanks
Buendia - £20m definitely no thanks. Anyway he needs to work on his game more with us.
Agreed.

How much would you value Lewis and Cantwell at?

Can you see any of them staying? I can't apart from maybe Lewis