Summer 2020 transfers | Page 60 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

Sam Byram seems to be turning into a bit of a Matt Jarvis .... promising start then injury and breakdown. Sam not back until next year .... I hope he’s not on £95 a week sick pay like working folk in this country

Its a pity that a certain player made a bad pass to him last season. To try and keep it in play Sam stretched for it and did himself an injury.....

Coukd have been McCallum going on loan and aarons leaving and us having Stiepermann and Rupp as LB and RB....GOING up up up.

never thought I’d see the day Norwich City are rejecting bids from Barcelona for one of their players (and rightly so, why would we loan him if they’re not going to be forced to pay up and buy him at the end of the loan)

Given the reported financial state I would want the initial fee paid upfront.
Barcelona are really cheeky to expect us to loan them a player with no
guaranteed purchase (and a wait for the money). If they want to borrow players, I am sure DG and others could suggest a candidate. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am going to wake up and realise that talk of Barcelona is some journo doing a
"chain pull"

Given the reported financial state I would want the initial fee paid upfront.
Barcelona are really cheeky to expect us to loan them a player with no
guaranteed purchase (and a wait for the money). If they want to borrow players, I am sure DG and others could suggest a candidate. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am going to wake up and realise that talk of Barcelona is some journo doing a
"chain pull"
I'm not sure Barca have the money to buy Aarons they are in a financial mess

I'm not sure Barca have the money to buy Aarons they are in a financial mess

If the reported wages for Messi are accurate then thats £100m per year including the equivalent of NIC). Suarez etc are not going to be cheap either...no wonder they are trying to restructure their expensive aging squad

So down to one left-back......not very smart. I wasn't overly convinced by Xavi yesterday and what happens if he gets suspended or injured?

Sure Gibson can play left-back but isn't one and isn't quick, Stipermann no thanks, Rupp no thanks.

Surely not.....

DF wants to sign Pritchard back? We have Vrancic, Stipermann, Cantwell, Emi (at the mo), Dowell, Idah who can all play in the number 10 role. My only thinking is Emi leaves and DF then wants Alex back as the right-winger type.

DF does love his midfielders.

Pritchard was decent for us but injuries haven't help plus the fact he wanted to jump ship asap.

Talking about Xavi he was lucky not to be sent off on Saturday. So guys/gal with McCallum gone what would you have done if that was the case?

So down to one left-back......not very smart. I wasn't overly convinced by Xavi yesterday and what happens if he gets suspended or injured?

Sure Gibson can play left-back but isn't one and isn't quick, Stipermann no thanks, Rupp no thanks.

In our last promotion season, Godfrey had a couple of games at quasi LB / CB

Dont forget we play total football - players can play anywhere!!

Last edited:
what is the point of buying these players ? If ,as our player , he is deemed goof enough to play in the Championship with Coventry , then he should be playing for us

Because we are seeking promotion and Coventry may be seeking to stay up as their target (need to ask Coventry fans what they are looking for this season)

I would play Gibson at CB and move Godfrey to midfield as he
was our best player moving forward yesterday
Of course that allows for Mc crap to be dropped.

A friend has been suggesing the same thing. It would strengthen the deep central midfield positions that need a DM alongside Skipp (DM/ball player).
Godfrey would give us two DMs who can also pass the ball.

Bringing in Gibson would hopefully improve the defence and he may be able
to lead the back row by talking to them during the game. Xavi may be helpd by having an experienced leader alongside him. In a recent article Ashley Cole was saying how Adams use to yell at him to get back into defence after he had been supporting the attack.......ie some positional guidance from the leader of the defence.

Argos needs to be upgraded as he is one dimensional....cut inside onto his right foot and then scuffs a shot......instead of drawing the defence to him and making an incisive pass to a team mate.