Summer 2020 transfers | Page 37 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

Indeed, a relatively reliable twitter account is suggesting £2.5M. If so, this is pretty good business for a plan b/lump type option to rough up defences that fail to be mesmerised by our slick passing or who park the bus

David Smith
@DavidSJourno

·
17m

NORWICH. Actual fee for Hugill is £2.5m. West ham desperate to offload the striker. £5m is including multiple add ons. #Ncfc #Whufc
Happy with this if it comes off. Decent striker.

Sexy Bennett (ITK off twitter) suggests fee much less than £5M

"It’s nowhere £5m. It’s a bunch of add ons to push it towards. It’s under £3m spread over two years. West Ham want him off books."

According to West Ham fans he is on £35K per week so I suspect that a big chunk of the transfer fee would be paying off his contract
The Sexy Bennett twitter account is usually correct about stuff and the fee for Hugill is being reported at “lower than £3m” in several other places, as well. It seems he is never going to play at West Ham and they want to move him on, fair enough.
More here...

https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk...er-fee-likely-to-be-much-lower-than-reported/

Jordan Hugill seems exactly the sort of striker we should be going after at this time. He’s 28, so in his prime, is rarely injured and scored 15 goals in 41 appearances for QPR last season. His physicality will be a big asset at both ends of the pitch. Assuming Dr Mic leaves to pursue his euro pop star career, forward options of Pukki, Idah and Hugill would seem to be pretty decent.

Some guy 'in the know' on Instagram has said that more out going on the way and a couple will be players who no one would expect to leave....If this guy is talking truth then tbatbis interesting but I think it could be vrancic on the way out.

Possible candidates:
Stieperman - doubt it - we need 2 players in the squad who can play in the hole
Argos - doubt it - we need 2 fast wingers in the squad - minimum
Vrancic - Ruup - Mclean - possible
Hanley - possible as he is starting to pick up injuries abit more often
Klose - depends on whether he or Famewo is preferred

Possible candidates:
Stieperman - doubt it - we need 2 players in the squad who can play in the hole
Argos - doubt it - we need 2 fast wingers in the squad - minimum
Vrancic - Ruup - Mclean - possible
Hanley - possible as he is starting to pick up injuries abit more often
Klose - depends on whether he or Famewo is preferred

Please let it be Mc Crap :bow:

Jordan Hugill seems exactly the sort of striker we should be going after at this time. He’s 28, so in his prime, is rarely injured and scored 15 goals in 41 appearances for QPR last season. His physicality will be a big asset at both ends of the pitch. Assuming Dr Mic leaves to pursue his euro pop star career, forward options of Pukki, Idah and Hugill would seem to be pretty decent.
rarely injured until........he joins Norwich :-)

Trybull, Leitner and Drmic missing on the video the club released yesterday of training - Hanley not training either (injured). Vrancic, Stiepermann, Klose all there and training, along with the likes of Buendia, Cantwell, Aarons, Lewis and Godfrey.

Would suggest those three not there are on the verge of a move away...and some of those we anticipated as surprise departures (Vrancic), maybe not got anything on the horizon?

Trybull, Leitner and Drmic missing on the video the club released yesterday of training - Hanley not training either (injured). Vrancic, Stiepermann, Klose all there and training, along with the likes of Buendia, Cantwell, Aarons, Lewis and Godfrey.

Would suggest those three not there are on the verge of a move away...and some of those we anticipated as surprise departures (Vrancic), maybe not got anything on the horizon?
There’s interest in Mario from newly promoted to the Bundesliga Armenia Bielefeld and he spoke about that in an I/V while he was on holiday a couple of weeks ago. He only has 1 yr left on his contract too.
Leitner is actively looking for a new club and I doubt he’ll come back to Norfolk again.
Trybull - don’t know...

McLean is turning into our modern day Mark Fotheringham - undroppable but not many of us can see why.

Didn't Fotheringham make nearly 80 appearances for us?

Agreed Bears.
Also remember Dorrans. Again not really that bad but always in the team and considered to be a permanent fixture but not good enough for that.
At least Rab left him out of semi final second leg and play off final v boro
which is why we won both games.
I was ecstatic when we actually got a fee from Rangers for him
We need to go into every game without a passenger and Mc Crap does very little.
Hopefully he will go back to Scotland too.

I would only keep Krul , Zimmerman , Onel , Cantwell and Pukki out of last seasons disgraceful losers , and even then I would put Pukki on probation . There is no room for sentiment in football and if the lad can’t score any more he becomes worthless to us

Hugill decent at champ lvl, not amazing 15/41 goal rtn but i guess it was in a crap qpr side. With our sort of prem money (that we didnt fking spend) id like us to try push the boat out a bit more as a statement of intent and buy a 10m attacker if we have too, stop messing around scrapping barrels! hugill obviously not good enough for the prem so he will be a stop gap att for us.

1 in 3 use to be regarded as a good goalscoring rate
Its decent dont get me wrong, i guess im just still pissed at finding us not doing anything with big intent and on a shoestring, buying a 2/3m striker who has not exactly been a big goalscorer over the years considering his age of 28 doesnt excite me. We do need his type of style up top and i hope he does great if we get him, but im not overwhelmed by hugill.

I would only keep Krul , Zimmerman , Onel , Cantwell and Pukki out of last seasons disgraceful losers , and even then I would put Pukki on probation . There is no room for sentiment in football and if the lad can’t score any more he becomes worthless to us

So you wouldnt keep Idah, Godfrey or Aarons?