Summer 2020 transfers | Page 28 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

Buying young players doesn’t seem to be an exact science. Some make it and some don’t. In Farke’s recent interview he talked about “if one in five make it then that’s good.”
I guess the outlay is usually small so you take a gamble and see what happens...

Agree with this Tuckster - we're paying such low fees for these guys, that one making it and selling for £25m like Maddison went for, makes it way way more than worthwhile. Especially now you see we brought Buendia for what, £2m, and he could go for £20m+
Aarons/Lewis signed as young lads from Luton, could go for £20m+
Godfrey signed from York for 300k, could go for £20m+

Sure there is going to be some like Bloomfield and Raggett who never work out, but for the money paid, they're worth the punt. Better than paying £7m for Wildschut or Naismith and them not working out and bleeding the club dry of wages I say!

Also - glad to see we're batting away Liverpool's ridiculous bids and blatant tactics to try and unsettle Lewis, to get him for a cheap price.

If we can hold out for £15m, some clauses added on (like we had for Maddison), and then a loan or player in return that would be good I think. McCallum already in the building, so he is probably the one of the youngsters that I would be least worried about leaving and replacing.

I only mentioned him the other day on here - McGeehan has signed for Belgian top-flight side KV Oostende. A good move for him. I rate him as a player. He is always passionate and when I have seen him a bloody good player.

Agree with this Tuckster - we're paying such low fees for these guys, that one making it and selling for £25m like Maddison went for, makes it way way more than worthwhile. Especially now you see we brought Buendia for what, £2m, and he could go for £20m+
Aarons/Lewis signed as young lads from Luton, could go for £20m+
Godfrey signed from York for 300k, could go for £20m+

Sure there is going to be some like Bloomfield and Raggett who never work out, but for the money paid, they're worth the punt. Better than paying £7m for Wildschut or Naismith and them not working out and bleeding the club dry of wages I say!
True but you do have to buy some proven experience somewhere, just at the right price as were a selling club and this just adds to us bouncing between leagues with no real ambition shown by the board. Use the massive mark up money were getting to buy some proven players imo too

Despite all the signings only one has Championship experience . We as yet haven’t made the kind of class transfer in that gives a statement of intent . Buying all these young midfielders is all very well for the so called ‘future’ but we now need a team with a rock hard defence and proven strikers otherwise there won’t be a future ,except a poor one, for these youngsters

Apparently Wolves have made an enquiry into signing Aarons.

A club who are doing well, have a good manager and I could see him doing well there but I think if Nuno Santo was to leave it might start to crumble.

I will not be disappointed when Lewis leaves I just want the right money for him. From reports it sounds like he is pushing the club to let him leave which isn't great, especially as I think he was poor last season.

Another name I mention, Daniel Adshead is now training with SC Telstar with a view to a move.

He is an interesting one as he is still only 18 and came to the club having already made his pro football debut and going on to play more games. I am sure he had lots of top clubs after him too. He is on the same path as Cantwell I think. Go to Holland and see how it goes. If well then he'll come back to us ready, but if it doesn't go well then another loan will be lined up I am sure.

I can't see Lewis being here for next season so I hope the club are already planning to have him gone and are looking at a new left back to provide competition for McCallum. Unless they are going to keep Hiese around (I'm sure he was going to be moved on to German or Dutch club) or have a youngster as backup. Please don't rely on byram again. He is a right back.

Norwich youngster Mattie Richardson has signed for Southern League Premier Division Central club Leiston. He signed scholarship terms with us in 2018/19 and was on loan at kings Lynn last season.

Maybe the prices are lower due to the current times we live in but still far too low.
If we sadly are going to be a club who sells every decent player we manage to get hold of and improve, at least get top prices.

Maybe the prices are lower due to the current times we live in but still far too low.
If we sadly are going to be a club who sells every decent player we manage to get hold of and improve, at least get top prices.
Probably right, but then we should keep them until prices go up again unless we are buying at knockdown prices, then again we always buy for pennies dont we

I like how reports now saying stoke are still in the running to sign Lewis. Imagine if he signs for stoke after all this.
Stoke?!? Ffs surely they will need to sell a lot of theyre squad this summer, the likes indi martin shawcross butland allen etc