Summer 2020 transfers | Page 20 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

I see that in our preparations for playing in League One we interested in signing Charltons Macauley Bonne . He comes with great credentials as he has already helped Charlton get relegated from the Championship this season , so maybe he could help us achieve the same !

Last edited:
Could it be that SW is turning this window into a door ?
This will be a revolving door with most good players walking out whilst cheap and freebies from lower leagues sprint in.
A big notice is to be fixed above the door saying ' we do not need to sell '.

There will also be a service till next to the door where all the incoming transfer fee money will be put into a long term investment account with withdrawals for expensive claret only and the maximum withdrawal of £ 500 per day so we can save up for a week to sign a new player.

Door to be fitted by same company who installed Smiffs crap suffolk conservatory.

As I wrote last week it looks as it Soto will be loaned to Telstar in Holland. I rate Soto and it just a shame he'll not be able to play for us this season and maybe not next.

I don't mind Macauley Bonne. He has a decent record but in lower leagues. Asking Charlton mate he said he was played as a right winger this season and up top when Taylor was unavailable. He said he us more league 1 standard but right players around him he could be good.

Interesting he is an Ipswich lad and had a period with us before being released.

I see that in our preparations for playing in League One we interested in signing Charltons Macauley Bonne . He comes with great credentials as he has already helped Charlton get relegated from the Championship this season , so maybe he could help us achieve the same !

This is a rather nonsense comment - been many many good players who've been in relegated sides over the years. My mate who I play Sunday League with is a Charlton supporter and says Bonne had a good season and showed a lot of promise stepping up from non league - we could do a lot worse (see Mr Josip Drmic as example A!)

Good to see Bali Mumba announced today too - exciting young talent, look on social media and Sunderland newspaper shows they are rather angry to be losing him.

I would suspect the comment was tongue in cheek but also on a serious note we suffered from lack of experience last season and we cannot field a team of inexperienced youngsters in the championship.
Sign the youngsters if good enough but we need 2 / 3 experienced street wise
players. 2 CB 's and a striker for example.
The other problem is the experienced players we do have are of low standard such as Mc Crap and they do not help the youngsters by setting such a low bar. themselves.

Sunderland fans are very annoyed we have signed Mumba for so cheap.

Will he be here next season or loaned out? Will it hang on Aarons future? Will he be back up for byram?

On reading Sunderland site and fans say he is a defensive midfielder......another one!

I thought he was a right back....I'm normally good at knowing players. If he us signed as a defensive midfielder that's now three signed already. Sitti, Sorensen and Mumba with Tettey, trybull, Gilmour and Thompson here already

We’ve announced him as a full back Bears, and from what I can see he played right back in their U23’s last season (much to the annoyance of their fans it seems!)

Imagine it will be either him or Thomas as backup to Byram, with the other being loaned out?

We’ve announced him as a full back Bears, and from what I can see he played right back in their U23’s last season (much to the annoyance of their fans it seems!)

Imagine it will be either him or Thomas as backup to Byram, with the other being loaned out?
That's good to read cheers olly. I think Thomas will get a loan. He needs to get put and play football if he won't be here plus needs to get some weight on him.

Can you read into what players say in their posts?

Hernandez, Martin, Tettey, Hanley all say along the lines of 'not a good season but we will bounce back next season' and the a thank you to fans, but emi just wrote ' javent met expectations this season' and thanks to the fans. Nothing about seeing us next season.

Sky sports reporting that bayern Munich are leading the way to sign Aarons for around 19 million.

Sky sports reporting that bayern Munich are leading the way to sign Aarons for around 19 million.
Sounds too cheap to me with his age, id say he is our most saleable asset and if he goes for 19m then others will go for even less which wont be good, these transfers are rarely paid in full up front either meaning more excuses not to spend money from the board. Id say 25m more realistic imo

Not being funny but he wont get a game at bayern surely? They cld loan him back to us to a season ideally but they wouldnt prob be happy with us in championship

Sounds too cheap to me with his age, id say he is our most saleable asset and if he goes for 19m then others will go for even less which wont be good, these transfers are rarely paid in full up front either meaning more excuses not to spend money from the board. Id say 25m more realistic imo
Agreed, plus the fact we have been told over and over we don't need to sell and will only do it if the offer is large. This is not. So if we did well it would be confusing and show the club is lying.

Leverkusen are also now linked

I would imagine Leeds and WBA will be looking to buy our players.
As will play off winners. Brentford, Fulham, Cardiff or Swansea.
I would be surprised if anyone wants our losers. We should sell while we can. Very few looked like they wanted to go that extra mile to survive. I would be surprised if there is big money spent with winter approaching and covid not going away. It looks like it will be worse before it gets better and doubtful if revenue will be forthcoming as full stadiums could be years off.