Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 32 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

I hope Dier signs a new deal, after finally playing where he should have been years ago - as I'm led to believe two other clubs are in discussions with his representatives.

It seems that both the Chav's and ManC are sounding his reps out.

I hope Dier signs a new deal, after finally playing where he should have been years ago - as I'm led to believe two other clubs are in discussions with his representatives.

It seems that both the Chav's and ManC are sounding his reps out.

Yeah, it would set us back enormously losing him for a song. Jose seemed to be saying that from Levy down to Dier, things seemed OK with the prospect of a new deal though.

Jose said today we dont need to sign many players or that could mean we cant due to finances. So what do we need to get CL football from next season ?
A DM it seems, maybe a RB although KWP and Tanganga could be back next season. A striker of any quality will cost too much IMO so another untried speculative gamble ?
Realistically, can Levy demand CL football with limited spending ?

Last edited:
Jose said today we dont need to sign many players or that could mean we cant die to finances. So what do we need to get CL football from next season ?
A DM it seems, maybe a RB although KWP and Tanganga could be back next season. A striker of any quality will cost too much IMO so another untried speculative gamble ?
Realistically, can Levy demand CL football with limited spending ?

All you can do is look at the top squads on Day 1 of next season and judge whether CL is realistic or punching above our weight. No chance of comparing our squads with Liverpool and City by September. What is concerning is that Utd and Chelsea are now starting to look like they have deeper squads and better starting elevens. Guys like Timo Werner will make a big difference, just like Bruno Fernandes has.

I actually think that Jose and Arteta will go into next season with the 5th and 6th best squads and it will be down to them to get it punching above its weight into CL places. It would never surprise me if Jose does get CL next season.

Levy has no choice to accept our status in the same way that we do.

All you can do is look at the top squads on Day 1 of next season and judge whether CL is realistic or punching above our weight. No chance of comparing our squads with Liverpool and City by September. What is concerning is that Utd and Chelsea are now starting to look like they have deeper squads and better starting elevens. Guys like Timo Werner will make a big difference, just like Bruno Fernandes has.

I actually think that Jose and Arteta will go into next season with the 5th and 6th best squads and it will be down to them to get it punching above its weight into CL places. It would never surprise me if Jose does get CL next season.

Levy has no choice to accept our status in the same way that we do.
Respectfully disagree Mutters....there is no evidence to suggest that Jose is capable of getting CL football next season.....indeed with rumours of recruiting 30 y/o players a transfer window without a change of manager is a road map to nowhere....we’ll see what happens when Arsenal bring their new, modern football approach to fortress Tottenham Hotspur Stadium or as it should be named The Levy Folly Memorial stadium..

Can anyone give me any evidence of Mourinho signing a player who walks into a club and instantly becomes a leader?

Chelsea already had Terry and Lampard. Real already had Ronaldo and Ramos. Inter already had Zanetti.

Buying a leader really doesn't happen that often as they are usually cultivated. A leader not only has authority, which comes from being at a club for a stretch, but also has affection towards the club. Too many people associate being a gobshite with being a leader. King wasn't that and he was one of the finest captains in our history.

I fear Mourinho isn't the best at finding leaders that aren't already there. It was a massive criticism of his Man Utd team but isn't highlighted much under Ole.

Just read that Spurs turned down moving NDombele to Juve in return for cash and Ramsey.

I would have taken that in a heartbeat.

Just read that Spurs turned down moving NDombele to Juve in return for cash and Ramsey.

I wouldn't have.
Ramsey would just be another addition of our collection of central attacking players. Lo Celso, Alli, Lamela, Moura, Sissoko...
If we are going to call quits on NDombele this summer, then lets just straight up sell him and use the money to get players for positions we need.
Ramsey is on high wages currently so likely wouldn't have wanted to move anyway.

I find it hard to believe to believe Ramsey would come to us given his Arsenal ties. And isn't he earning obscene amounts at Juve that would smash our current ceiling?

That aside I wouldn't want him near the club given the obvious loathing he's had for us in the past. And Ndombele is the future if we can get him physically fit and mentally chilled. He'll be a better footballer than Ramsey ever was.

Another key point is that Jose hasn't bought a single defensive player yet. He has 12 or 13 defensive players in the squad, from GK's through to holding midfielders, and that's a very loose definition of explaining our current midfielders.

Jose has only made a few defensive decisions. The first was Toby's contract extension. The second was promoting Japhet. The third was getting Dier's head aligned to being a centre half. Another was perhaps not messing about with the full-backs even though he can't be overly happy with them. It's not as if he has many options.

He must know that he has to churn half of those 12 or 13 players before anything major can change at the club defensively. If it's possible, churning 2 or 3 in this summer window is a must.

Another key point is that Jose hasn't bought a single defensive player yet. He has 12 or 13 defensive players in the squad, from GK's through to holding midfielders, and that's a very loose definition of explaining our current midfielders.

Jose has only made a few defensive decisions. The first was Toby's contract extension. The second was promoting Japhet. The third was getting Dier's head aligned to being a centre half. Another was perhaps not messing about with the full-backs even though he can't be overly happy with them. It's not as if he has many options.

He must know that he has to churn half of those 12 or 13 players before anything major can change at the club defensively. If it's possible, churning 2 or 3 in this summer window is a must.
This.

Jose will have learnt a lot from the game. The man is a born winner, he knows what he's doing & he knows what these guys are capable of.

I think he knows what most of them are incapable of....can't pass can't tackle can't cross can't shoot can't self motivate when the chips are down...what they are are Spursey players and we have too many of these chancers

The only bright light this season from our GK's and defenders has been Tanganga. That tells you how poor the rest have been.