Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 14 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Like everything else the transfer scenario going forward, both in terms of the football outcomes, and the economy, is difficult to predict.
If season 19/20 is eventually abandoned, and Spurs qualify for the 20/21 CL by virtue of the 18/19 finish, we may see one or two decent signings. If we don't qualify, and has already been reported, it is probably unlikely that Jose will get much support in the market.
Agree with you regarding Lovren, prefer any combination of Alderweireld, Sanchez and Tanganga, and would prefer seeing Vertonghen given another couple of seasons.
Disagree concerning Shaqiri. He doesn't get much game time at Liverpool because of the strength of the preferred starting eleven, and an almost ever present front three. When he has played however, he has invariably been quite impressive. Spurs could do far worse.

I don't want Shaqiri. He chose the signing on fee and salary of Liverpool knowing his first team opportunities would be limited. I'm sure clubs like us were offering him a slightly less lucrative deal when he left Stoke. He joined for £10m and now they are trying to get £30m for him by selling him on.

So let's not be the club that buys a 28 year old mercenary with his best years behind him, whilst lining Livperpool's coffers now they're realising their younger players are better.

I can pretty much guarantee that Shaqiri's effort levels will fall off the cliff at any new club after Liverpool. He'll be back to the sulky little prima donna he was at Stoke and only puts in a performance when he feels like it.

Instead we should be scouting the Takumi Minamino's, like they are.

I would buy Mady Camara (Olympiakos), 23, instead.
A holding midfield player with abilities similar to those of Wanyama before he got injured.

We need to add steel and winner's mentality in our squad.

Together, eventually, with K. Tsimikas, 23, if he doesn't sign in the next days for Napoli that has offered 16m for him (also Inter, Leicester and Arse are after him), for a total price of about 25m.

Watch Tsimikas against Arse

Last edited:
Some papers are saying John Stones Man City future is on doubt as Guardiola eyes replacements. Would anyone here take John Stones to see if Jose can get his career back on track?

Some papers are saying John Stones Man City future is on doubt as Guardiola eyes replacements. Would anyone here take John Stones to see if Jose can get his career back on track?

For me, that is such a tough question. I'm thinking probably not, and what tips the balance is his injury record. I would be quite confident that without the injuries he would have progressed so much further than he has. Even in the 2018 World Cup team he was head and shoulders above anyone around him e.g. Maguire. There is a great player in there that is only 25. His best years are ahead of him....if he can stay fit and stay on the pitch.

Saying that, I think Pep's centre halves have been a mess. He just about got away with it last season but it cost him this one. Aside from Stones, he only really has Laporte who he can trust. Otamendi is 32 and Fernandinho is 34 and they're not fit to replace Kompany. I'm expecting Pep to invest in a centre half, and was surprised at the Bonucci links. One of the greats, but 33.

I wouldn’t...he was impressive when he first appeared at Everton? I think but since his time at City he always looks like a player who thinks he is better than he is and hasn’t progressed...I think him and Jose would be a train wreck

First bombshell was the news that we are interested in Smallin, then it wasWillian, Shaqiri and now Godin ! A 34 year old to replace a 32 year old. The mind boggles. If we really want to go forward it’s names like Dybala, Couthinio, Holland etc that will take us forward and be regarded as a top club which we deserve to be. Couthinio has said that he was disappointed when he was led to believe that we agreed a price for him which we later lowered and the deal never happened. I remember the same thing happened with Aubameyang and he said later that after what happened he would never join us. And that‘S how and why he ended at the Arse.

First bombshell was the news that we are interested in Smallin, then it wasWillian, Shaqiri and now Godin ! A 34 year old to replace a 32 year old. The mind boggles. If we really want to go forward it’s names like Dybala, Couthinio, Holland etc that will take us forward and be regarded as a top club which we deserve to be. Couthinio has said that he was disappointed when he was led to believe that we agreed a price for him which we later lowered and the deal never happened. I remember the same thing happened with Aubameyang and he said later that after what happened he would never join us. And that‘S how and why he ended at the Arse.

I really wouldn't believe everything you read; 90% of what you do is utter B/S, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we never ever came to an agreement with Countinho, his agent or Barca for him; and be aware I say, 'never reached an agreement'.

He had no interest at the time in returning to the PL, so it's all complete and utter shite.

Its strange how I have totally lost any interest in sport. I'm sure the bug will come back in a few weeks.

I'm sort of the same, but missing the golf course / gym being shut. Every year I begrudge the footie season being so long and such a short window between seasons. I think I'm subconsciously enjoying the break from it and almost hope I don't have to watch any during the summer where football has no place in my schedule. That's the time for playing golf and watching cricket.

If I got a vote, the 19/20 season would be canceled and confined to history as a non-event. It was already that for us Spurs fans anyway.

AS most of you know, I am invested in a sports agency, a couple of days ago via my agent, I got Countinho agent to be made aware of what utter garbage was being put about by so-called ITK's - it was brought to my attention by someone here and my answer to him was that it was B/S. He decided that he'd let the crap stand (it was on another forum), I understand why he did, but it pissed me off.

Today his agent had this to say via the media: (It's about as big a slapdown as the people that make this sh*t up could get)...

"The topic of his Tottenham links has cropped up again recently, as SPORT claimed earlier this month that Coutinho actually agreed to join Spurs, but the deal fell apart at the last minute.

Now, agent Kia Joorabchian has suggested to The Mirror that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is not to blame for the deal falling apart and Coutinho has no personal issue with him, claiming finances were not the reason for Coutinho heading elsewhere – which may leave Spurs fans wondering what happened, especially with The Mirror claiming that it was Pochettino who scrapped the deal."

“Philippe Coutinho has no personal issue with Daniel Levy and claims otherwise are totally false,” said Joorabchian. “The deal did not collapse due to financial reasons,” he added.

Thanks Kia, I owe you one. Ex

Last edited:
AS most of you know, I am invested in a sports agency, a couple of days ago via my agent, I got Countinho agent to be made aware of what utter garbage was being put about by so-called ITK's - it was brought to my attention by someone here and my answer to him was that it was B/S. He decided that he'd let the crap stand (it was on another b/s forum), I understand why he did, but it pissed me off.

Today his agent had this to say via the media: (It's about as big a slapdown as the people that make this sh*t up could get)...

"The topic of his Tottenham links has cropped up again recently, as SPORT claimed earlier this month that Coutinho actually agreed to join Spurs, but the deal fell apart at the last minute.

Now, agent Kia Joorabchian has suggested to The Mirror that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is not to blame for the deal falling apart and Coutinho has no personal issue with him, claiming finances were not the reason for Coutinho heading elsewhere – which may leave Spurs fans wondering what happened, especially with The Mirror claiming that it was Pochettino who scrapped the deal."

“Philippe Coutinho has no personal issue with Daniel Levy and claims otherwise are totally false,” said Joorabchian. “The deal did not collapse due to financial reasons,” he added.

Thanks Kia, I owe you one. Ex

How much would he have cost us ?

How much would he have cost us ?

Who knows, I didn't ask, but as was accurately reported last autumn by Talksport - he had no interest in coming to the PL other than perhaps back to liverpool - of course things can change at a drop of a hat - perhaps if Inter hadn't got their man, he might well have ended up there?

And which window are we talking about? Loan or permanent?

At this moment in time or even back then, not one club (as I've been told) was interested in buying him - his pricetag is ridiculous for how he's performed and even PSG decided they couldn't afford another deal like this.

And before this gets out of hand: We were competing wih Barca and a small host of other top clubs to get him, but I am told they have no interest in signing him now....

"Barcelona might have prioritised signing another striker in the summer but the Spanish side are also looking to bring in a long-term replacement for Ivan Rakitic and have made Spurs' Tanguy Ndombele a transfer target.

According to Mundo Deportivo, Barca was interested in signing Ndombele before he completed his £65m move from Lyon to Spurs and are now exploring the option of signing the Frenchman.

Mourinho hasn't been afraid to criticise the midfielder this season for his performances and injuries issues and Barca are hoping the player could be included in a deal that would see Coutinho go in the other direction.

Since arriving at the north London club, Ndombele has made 27 appearances, of which he only started 17, during which he has scored two goals and provide four assists."

If we could our money back or come out ahead in the deal...sell Ndom to Barca yesterday please. (hell who am I kidding...take the loss and move on!)

And before this gets out of hand: We were competing wih Barca and a small host of other top clubs to get him, but I am told they have no interest in signing him now....

"Barcelona might have prioritised signing another striker in the summer but the Spanish side are also looking to bring in a long-term replacement for Ivan Rakitic and have made Spurs' Tanguy Ndombele a transfer target.

According to Mundo Deportivo, Barca was interested in signing Ndombele before he completed his £65m move from Lyon to Spurs and are now exploring the option of signing the Frenchman.

Mourinho hasn't been afraid to criticise the midfielder this season for his performances and injuries issues and Barca are hoping the player could be included in a deal that would see Coutinho go in the other direction.

Since arriving at the north London club, Ndombele has made 27 appearances, of which he only started 17, during which he has scored two goals and provide four assists."

It would be a significant error to let one of the few quality players we have left leave the club. Have Barcelona or any clubs anywhere shown any interest in taking Alli off our hands? I guess his worth over the last three years must have plummeted massively. We need to move him on or else be stuck with another dud nobody wants.

Jose doesn't rate Ndombele currently. Levy will want to recoup what we paid or close to perhaps. If a decent offer comes in I am leaning towards taking it. Having said that his fitness issues makes it difficult to judge what he could do for us.