Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Real Deal

Alert Team
The January Transfer Window is dead.

Out with the old in with the new.

We have been linked with Ajax GK Onana and Norwich RB Aaron's.

A good start.

The goalkeeper position is getting desperate . Hugo showed against Saints a lot of his frailties . Parrying shots straight to the opposition , not coming out for the ball . Two years ago he would have caught that shot , and he was known as a sweeper keeper . .
The back up keepers don’t bear thinking about either .
Striker , two full backs , at least one centre back , a quality DM ,
Not much to ask for !

Another difficult window with a lot of cleaning up remaining.

Jan is walking, we need to make Rose's move permanent, and find Wanyama a new home.

No more drama surrounding contract rebels - anyone on 2 years or less signs or leaves. Dier's contract is expiring in 2021, and even though I like him and think he can turn this around, if he doesn't sign by summer we sell.

In the 2 year remaining gang we have Hugo, Gazza, Foyth, Aurier and Lamela. Besides Hugo I'd get rid of the rest.

Leaves us with making sure Sissoko is out.

Out of the loanees I'd have Amos back in a heartbeat for second DM, and I'm still waiting to see how KWP fares.

So, a CB, DM, RB, ST, Keeper at the very least.

I don't see this resolved over the summer.

Another difficult window with a lot of cleaning up remaining.

Jan is walking, and we need to make Rose's move permanent, and find Wanyama a new home.

No more drama surrounding contract rebels - anyone on 2 years or less signs or leaves. Dier's contract is expiring in 2021, and even though I like him and think he can turn this around, if he doesn't sign by summer we sell.

In the 2 year remaining gang we have Hugo, Gazza, Foyth, Aurier and Lamela. Besides Hugo I'd get rid of the rest.

Leaves us with making sure Sissoko is out.

Out of the loanees I'd have Amos back in a heartbeat for second DM, and I'm still waiting to see how KWP fares.

So, a CB, DM, RB, ST, Keeper at the very least.

I don't see this resolved over the summer.

As far as I can recall and apart from those retirees who weren't / couldn't be moved on, since ENIC took over no players that I can find or recall were ever allowed to dip beneath two years left on their deal unless they were in the process of agreeing a new one.

To me that's why it's so remarkable that Levy had such deep faith and trust in Poch and agreed to run players on when this was what the players were saying - that trust in Poch's judgement could cumulatively cost the club as much as £50-100 mill (if we'd sold Vert, Toby, Trippier, Eriksen and Rose earlier).

Levy and the board must be licking their wounds over this one.

Unless KWP performs badly his deal will turn into a permanent one in the summer, CP now have first dibs on him.

I think we will see four additions in the summer.

3 more signings minimum. Defender (RB/CB) Midfielder (DM) Striker

Think Hugo could be used for another season but ideally he would be replaced.

Everyday the Pochettino legacy is putting us further and further in tatters .
I just hope Mourinho knew what he was walking into . Surely he did . Otherwise we could be in a lot more trouble if he decides it’s not what he thought he was taking on . There was a time when contracts were being extended and signed almost on a weekly basis. Exaggeration I know , but that’s how it seemed .
Money just has to be made available , you don’t win nothing with kids ...........! !!!!

As far as I can recall and apart from those retirees who weren't / couldn't be moved on, since ENIC took over no players that I can find or recall were ever allowed to dip beneath two years left on their deal unless they were in the process of agreeing a new one.

To me that's why it's so remarkable that Levy had such deep faith and trust in Poch and agreed to run players on when this was what the players were saying - that trust in Poch's judgement could cumulatively cost the club as much as £50-100 mill (if we'd sold Vert, Toby, Trippier, Eriksen and Rose earlier).

Unless KWP performs badly his deal will turn into a permanent one in the summer, CP now have first dibs on him.

We will have 8 players with 2 years or less come summer, it's mad. To think that the narrative that Poch wasn't trusted and backed still exists.

We are looking at 5 players leaving at the very least, and this number could well stretch up to 10 - KWP, Rose, Wanyama, Jan, Foyth, Dier, Gazza, Aurier, Lamela, Sissoko, even Hugo's contract needs to be sorted and there isn't another keeper in sight.

This is what I have for next season, and it's bare bones without any RB or a senior DM:
Hugo

Sess, Davies

Toby, Sanchez, Tanganga

Amos

GLC, Ndombele, Winks, Gedson

Ali, Son, Bergjwin, Moura

Kane

Poch left our squad in absolute ruin.

We will have 8 players with 2 years or less come summer, it's mad. To think that the narrative that Poch wasn't trusted and backed still exists.

We are looking at 5 players leaving at the very least, and this number could well stretch up to 10 - KWP, Rose, Wanyama, Jan, Foyth, Dier, Gazza, Aurier, Lamela, Sissoko, even Hugo's contract needs to be sorted and there isn't another keeper in sight.

This is what I have for next season, and it's bare bones without any RB or a senior DM:
Hugo

Sess, Davies

Toby, Sanchez, Tanganga

Amos

Kane

Aurier will be signing a new deal - at least the club have put a new improved one before him. Gazza will only stay if he's no.1 (allegedly). Lamela we can't give away (he really should have been another Sandro and I swear I can't find anyone in the current recruitment/assessment regime who can explain how Poch got him a new deal).

Even Sissoko getting the deal he did is an amazement to me (desperation on our behalf?)!

Lallana on a free in the summer is being reported in some sections!
Not what we need

Ex do you think with everything he had to do regarding the stadium, Levy took his eye off the ball ?

Ex do you think with everything he had to do regarding the stadium, Levy took his eye off the ball ?

I am now convinced of it; I cannot ever recall him investing so much faith in a manager/coach and getting so emotionally entwined with his behaviour and missives.

Levy allows his subordinates to get on with the job.

Contrary to general opinion he does not micro-manage, but that also doesn't mean he doesn't pay attention to detail, typically he works very long hours; in early, leaves late - but despite his work ethic, I can't help but feel that because of our run in the CL and the recent history of remarkable Top 4 finishes (unparalleled in our PL era) that he ignored Poch's cryptic and at times nonsensical utterances., which as you know were to me great big warning alarms going off.

Letting Poch keep contract rebels was to me (and I said it at the time and argued this here) foolhardly and counter productive.

Aurier will be signing a new deal - at least the club have put a new improved one before him. Gazza will only stay if he's no.1 (allegedly). Lamela we can't give away (he really should have been another Sandro and I swear I can't find anyone in the current recruitment/assessment regime who can explain how Poch got him a new deal).

Even Sissoko getting the deal he did is an amazement to me (desperation on our behalf?)!

If the club want to make us mid table or even bottom half then make Gaz, Aurier and Sissoko all first 11 players.

An improved deal for Aurier? LMFAO.

Gaz will only stay if he is our number 1? Surely he isn't that dumb he thinks he is good enough?

Mind you Sissoko got a new deal so none of the above would surprise me.

Hugo

Sess, Davies

Toby, Sanchez, Tanganga

Amos

Kane

That is horrendous . What are /were the management thinking . But then there weren’t any players out there that could improve us .

The bad news continues then...Aurier just plain isn't good enough...he is no wing back and an unreliable defender....who decided to offer an improved contract?

Gazza wants to be a number 1 to stay?

That’s the funniest thing I’ve read in a long long time.

I am now convinced of it; I cannot ever recall him investing so much faith in a manager/coach and getting so emotionally entwined with his behaviour and missives.

Levy allows his subordinates to get on with the job.

Contrary to general opinion he does not micro-manage, but that also doesn't mean he doesn't pay attention to detail, typically he works very long hours; in early, leaves late - but despite his work ethic, I can't help but feel that because of our run in the CL and the recent history of remarkable Top 4 finishes (unparalleled in our PL era) that he ignored Poch's cryptic and at times nonsensical utterances., which as you know were to me great big warning alarms going off.

Letting Poch keep contract rebels was to me (and I said it at the time and argued this here) foolhardly and counter productive.
Be a right laugh this Amazon show won't it. They should call it Riches to Rags - A Year at The Lane.

It's OK saying don't give Aurier a new contract, but is that really sensible? Are we really serious about selling 2 RB's in the summer and bringing in 2 new ones? The realist in me says that's a tough ask. Aren't we better protecting his transfer value by offering him a new contract whilst buying someone like Aarons. Let the pair of them slug it out for the RB slot next season and then make our choices for Aurier. I actually don't think he'll be short of suitors next Jan or next summer as long as we aren't greedy.

It's OK saying don't give Aurier a new contract, but is that really sensible? Are we really serious about selling 2 RB's in the summer and bringing in 2 new ones? The realist in me says that's a tough ask. Aren't we better protecting his transfer value by offering him a new contract whilst buying someone like Aarons. Let the pair of them slug it out for the RB slot next season and then make our choices for Aurier. I actually don't think he'll be short of suitors next Jan or next summer as long as we aren't greedy.

Fair point I just don't think he has earned the right for a pay rise.

KWP hardly played, so the impact of selling him is negligible. We are effectively playing with 1 RB on the roster, and we seem to have a better option off the bench in Tanganga.

This means we are replacing only 1 RB, and a really poor one. If you consider the fact that his injury record is just as poor as his footballing brain and his self destruct mechanism is on Adebayor level - we should take any offer we have and run for the hills.

One quality RB this summer is a must, and should be enough until the following window.