Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 6 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Back to Aarons

Sky just had an bit about a young full back they signed from Coventry - potential replacement ?

Back to Aarons

Sky just had an bit about a young full back they signed from Coventry - potential replacement ?

Well Sam Byram, who has become the regular LB ahead of Jamal Lewis, is also a RB by trade. He has just switched across this season. Sam McCullum who is now owned by Norwich and loaned back to Coventry is apparently a LB.

So it seems that Aarons will go either way (hopefully to us) and it's Lewis that needs to get his game together again.

Good old Wikipedia :-)

Lanzini - 129 appearances in 4 1/2 seasons - average 29 appearances
Lamela - 207 appearances in 6 1/2 seasons - average 32 appearances

Who cares who pisses over who. We should not be touching either of these players.

Lanzini is a far better player than Lamela, but sadly as my spam loving mates keep telling me he has more 'comebacks' (after injuries) than Madonna.

When he plays for the spam they play at a different level of football.

He used to, he's just about level on the always injured stakes nowadays though so no thanks.

He used to, and that is part of our problem Chiv, we carry on with the inferior player instead of identifying we need to upgrade on him to someone better. We then scratch our heads debating years later why we don't win anything.

I didn't realise how good he was on the wings (as a forward) I thought he was an out and out striker.

Perfect player for us and also the perfect cover for Kane if/when he gets injured.
Well it’s all about opinions I guess, but I’ve seen him twice now and I think he is bang average...second game in a row he’s missed a certain goal and the only reason he looked good out wide was because the guy who was supposed to be there marking him was watching the game from the halfway line...once Sanchez realised this Werner didn’t get a kick.

Well it’s all about opinions I guess, but I’ve seen him twice now and I think he is bang average...second game in a row he’s missed a certain goal and the only reason he looked good out wide was because the guy who was supposed to be there marking him was watching the game from the halfway line...once Sanchez realised this Werner didn’t get a kick.

If he misses sitters he will fit right in

I'm still on the fence with Werner. Was watching him closely in the 1st half last night and loved his ability to ghost around and lose players. Perhaps someone can tell me when Moura suddenly ended up on the left unnoticed and found himself in space. The answer is he hasn't got the brain of a Werner who, even as the marked man in their side still managed to do it. If Werner played in a team of more superstars he'd find even more opportunities to sneak under the radar and find those positions.

The only concern I have with him is finishing at the highest level. His stats say otherwise though.