Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 54 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

I agree there, I would like Eze at Spurs but I feel he is too small for Jose and we don't play an authentic 10 in his system. For this reason, I can't see how Dele will quite fit his system unless Jose can mold him into a decent number 8 to play in the three with PEH and Loco.

It's a pity Dier signed, I think that three of the centrebacks on that rumor list are better than the ones we have. I would shift him and Sanchez to get in Kim, Ajer or Skriniar.

I'm wondering where Jose predominantly sees Tanga, at CB or RB? If it's RB then we will probably buy only one, but if it's CB then we might see two RB come in but no CB.

Davies is the weak link, he is decent but if he wasn't at Spurs who would take him? He is no better than Southampton, Palace or Spammers level.

Long term our CB's will become an issue. Toby aside the rest are very average.

Hopefully Hojbjerg will help cover the cracks we have seen over the last 2 years at the back. I just can't see us signing a CB this transfer window.

A RB for me is the highest priority at the back.

I think Eze could work in a midfield flat 3 or AM in an attacking 3.

Lo Celso Hojbjerg Ndombele
(Sissoko Winks Eze)

Agree about Dele there's not many systems he fits and we should really consider trying to move him on while other teams might still consider him a good player and raise money for our transfers. And agree about selling Dier and getting another better centre back but sadly it looks like he's a Jose favourite for now

Dele stopped being a 'good player' three years ago, and the more other teams see of him, the less they are willing to pay. There are too many areas of weakness in his game to put right, and better players out there can offer more. The warning signs were there over two years ago but have been ignored. Now we're reacting to what he has become instead of being proactive.

Hopefully Hojbjerg will help cover the cracks we have seen over the last 2 years at the back. I just can't see us signing a CB this transfer window.

When we paid a record fee for Sanchez it was obviously believed that he would be ready to be an immediate replacement at CB for either Vertonghen or Alderweireld. Unfortunately after a promising start he has tailed off, and is inconsistent. I still believe however that Sanchez and Tanganga can develop into a quality CB pairing, the issue is how long it will take. They are for me the obvious pairing to play in the early rounds of the Europa. With Toby, Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga and Foyth, CB is the least of our problems.
Assuming that Hjobjerg is joining, RB is unquestionably the next priority. However, until we can find an attacking play maker who gives us what Eriksen provided at his peak, we will continue to be at best bang average.

As you say, RB is the priority and I can't wait to learn more about Tanganga, Sess and Cirkin. I just wish we'd throw Aarons in with Jose's squad and let him teach those kids how to get to the next level.

Even Sanchez fits that category. It's not his fault that expectations on him are so high because of a price tag he had no control over. At his age, Toby was sitting on the bench at Athletico before his loan move to the Saints. Verts was taking it easy in the Eredivise. Neither had come through yet as great centre halves.

For me, Aurier and Davies are the priority problem. I worry about Lloris getting an injury and would prioritise another keeper before touching the centre half position.

When we paid a record fee for Sanchez it was obviously believed that he would be ready to be an immediate replacement at CB for either Vertonghen or Alderweireld. Unfortunately after a promising start he has tailed off, and is inconsistent. I still believe however that Sanchez and Tanganga can develop into a quality CB pairing, the issue is how long it will take. They are for me the obvious pairing to play in the early rounds of the Europa. With Toby, Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga and Foyth, CB is the least of our problems.
Assuming that Hjobjerg is joining, RB is unquestionably the next priority. However, until we can find an attacking play maker who gives us what Eriksen provided at his peak, we will continue to be at best bang average.
SandJ, I agree that Sanchez and Tanganda are our future CB pairing.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think Hoj' is having a medical tomorrow.

Dele stopped being a 'good player' three years ago, and the more other teams see of him, the less they are willing to pay. There are too many areas of weakness in his game to put right, and better players out there can offer more. The warning signs were there over two years ago but have been ignored. Now we're reacting to what he has become instead of being proactive.

Spot on, I think like most, we all know just how good he was but can all see just how inconsistent and below par his performances have been for quite some time now.

The question is, how long will Jose put up with a player who isn't good enough to keep the ball and persists in trying flicks and dinks when his success rate is so low. I think he might be one game away from being discarded if that mistake costs us vital points, Jose doesn't mess about after he has lost faith in a player.

Having someone much more reliable alongside Loco and PEH instead of players with deficiencies like Dele, Sissoko or Ndombele is costing us dearly. It would make such a difference if we went out and got in a player who isn't at a top club on £200k a week such as Sergej Milinković-Savić at Lazio, we would then have a world class midfield three.

Jose is never somewhere for the long term, so I have a feeling that he won't mess about with removing the players that he doesn't rate or want, we could see quite a clearout like we haven't seen for a while.

I'm thinking longer term, Kanes replacement for next season.

Malen can play the AM role very well too. I think we will miss the boat if we leave it another season.

I just don't rate Wilson at all. There are better options in Joshua King, Deeney and Woods.

I'm hoping Kane's replacement is Parrott, but I would love to see Malen in the AM role. He won't be cheap though, even at this point. I'm not Wilson's biggest fan either but he is decent option. I agree with you on Deeney though. He'd be a great signing. He's a bloody menace and I have always liked his attitude.

Newcastle could come to your rescue if they offer Wilson a key role over us. He may want more guaranteed football at this point in his career. There is a suggestion that Deeney is the next choice after Wilson and that Watkins from Brentford is another consideration but is less likely due to price and not being as PL experienced.

Had a slightly more positive description of Hoj from a die hard soton fan this weekend. Thinks he'll do well for us and that Soton fans never credit the non flair players.

Did say that when they were shite he didn't shine, but in a better team he thinks he'll step up. Said Koeman and Ralph both loved him, he's basically never injured and impressive opta stats in several categories. Seems to think he is a DM which goes against a few things I've seen saying we expect a DM we'll be disappointed. He did say he loves a sideways or backwards pass though so Winks detractors may not be fans.

I'm hoping Kane's replacement is Parrott, but I would love to see Malen in the AM role. He won't be cheap though, even at this point. I'm not Wilson's biggest fan either but he is decent option. I agree with you on Deeney though. He'd be a great signing. He's a bloody menace and I have always liked his attitude.

Newcastle could come to your rescue if they offer Wilson a key role over us. He may want more guaranteed football at this point in his career. There is a suggestion that Deeney is the next choice after Wilson and that Watkins from Brentford is another consideration but is less likely due to price and not being as PL experienced.

I wanted Deeney til I read the Watford fans laughing at the suggestion. They seem to think he's done and nowhere near what he was 2 years ago. If he didn't take their pens his return would be poor.

We really could do with 2 or 3 additions at the back. If all goes well i can see us adding a CB but agree CM & RB are key to us shoring up our leaky defence.

Still not strengthening of our crap squad I see...stop jacking around Levy and get something done.

So...why go for Wilson and not Ings? Danny was in the running for the damn boot this year. Very underrated striker.

Also I keep hearing we need to hold our breath for Parrott...huh? Is that how far we have fallen...I mean damn!

And that is just the attack weakness on our team...holy crap everything DM and back is kind of in shambles. We need a DM, RB, CB, and hell throw in a LB as well since we all know Davies is nothing but a solid stop gap.

I wanted Deeney til I read the Watford fans laughing at the suggestion. They seem to think he's done and nowhere near what he was 2 years ago. If he didn't take their pens his return would be poor.

Just being linked with Deeney makes my coffee taste bad. Seriously...Deeney. Teams around us will be shaking in their boots with that signing.

Pathetic!

**my vent not directed at you freundorfoe, just at this lame idea.