Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 34 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

In his defence, he does have more assists in the PL this season than Walker, Pereira, Wan-Bissaka, Baldock and Doherty, who are all the RBs of teams currently above us in the table.

Aurier is a frustrating player to watch at times but give him credit where he deserves it. His crossing at times this season has been superb! Recently, not so much. He's just sooo unpredictable both offensively and defensively.

Unfortunately I think he is very predictable in both roles...I must admit I was very surprised to read your stats on assists...I can’t really remember any but then his very predictable cock-ups in defence tend to stay longer in the memory and maybe count as assists.😈

So 5 assists in the Prem proves Matic's point but also explains Harry-Kari's perceptions. Ultimately, all those other RB's have had to play as orthodox full-backs with their left-backs being afforded the same freedom as themselves. Aurier has had it a lot easier in my opinion being pushed right up and should have more assists.

If we do get another RB, I still feel that Jose will keep Serge around. He knows Jose's tactics and can just switch them seamlessly. There is a lot to be said for that in every position. Aarons would be my choice.

In his defence, he does have more assists in the PL this season than Walker, Pereira, Wan-Bissaka, Baldock and Doherty, who are all the RBs of teams currently above us in the table.

Aurier is a frustrating player to watch at times but give him credit where he deserves it. His crossing at times this season has been superb! Recently, not so much. He's just sooo unpredictable both offensively and defensively.

That's because he has been playing as a RW all season and leaving his defensive duties. :LOL:

He is one of the worst RB's I have ever seen at the club. Woeful.

So 5 assists in the Prem proves Matic's point but also explains Harry-Kari's perceptions. Ultimately, all those other RB's have had to play as orthodox full-backs with their left-backs being afforded the same freedom as themselves. Aurier has had it a lot easier in my opinion being pushed right up and should have more assists.

If we do get another RB, I still feel that Jose will keep Serge around. He knows Jose's tactics and can just switch them seamlessly. There is a lot to be said for that in every position. Aarons would be my choice.

Aarons and Tanganga would be my choices.

Aarons and Tanganga would be my choices.

Do you think Japhet is a RB though? Just wondering whether we have declared victory on that position when we've really only seen him play there a couple of times. I still need to see more, but felt he was a little clumsy at RB the second time I saw him there. He is in capable hands with Jose though.

Do you think Japhet is a RB though? Just wondering whether we have declared victory on that position when we've really only seen him play there a couple of times. I still need to see more, but felt he was a little clumsy at RB the second time I saw him there. He is in capable hands with Jose though.

Well give him credit cos a blind man would be better playing there than our current le baudet - AIRHEAD

Looks like it's a moot point for now. His brother has been shot dead at 5am in Toulouse. I doubt we'll see Serge again for a while.

Poor guy.
Jesus how bad is that, am sorry for him, I know how he will feel to lose a brother, I have been there, but for getting shot.

Well after the City verdict I’m sure uncle Joe could drop a few millions in “Sponsorship” without worrying about FFP....what a joke these foreign courts are and the reason they are all based in Switzerland is obvious because all the Court members bank there so a few other “Sponsorship” deals will almost certainly have taken place.

In any other court investigation, proof of Obstruction in an investigation is treated as an admission of guilt and is equally serious to the alleged crime, yet City walk basically scot-free...what a joke.

Yeah i agree with this. These are 100% the most important positions we need to address but a second striker is up there too.

Names are starting to pop up in rumours, like Ikone from Lille and Kabak from Shalke. Neither are exactly what we need but shows that the club is still putting efforts into young players with potential.

Defensively we have some questions to be answered. How ready is Cirkin? What position is Sessegnon being prepared for? Where does Jose see Tanganga lining up? Is Foyth even in Jose's plans?
Are we looking for the right men? (Aarons & Hojbjerg) I can certainly see the benefit of signing the latter but what of Aarons. He's young & can be developed further, he'd also come on the cheap but i can't see for the life of me what he'd bring to the team at this time. One for the future perhaps?

Would not wish that on him. My comments about his football skills have no bearing on the blokes pain...condolences Serge.

Clearly mate. Football is all of our daily passion and Serge went to bed last night feeling great about beating the Gooners. He's been in North London long enough to know what that fixture means. Then the doorbell or phone rings and his whole world is turned upside down. Gutted for the guy.

Yeah I'm not 100% convinced about Tanganga at RB but I don't see a way for him as a CB here. Unless one or two get sold. Maybe Jan going will help his chances.

That's because he has been playing as a RW all season and leaving his defensive duties. :LOL:

He is one of the worst RB's I have ever seen at the club. Woeful.

I'm not defending his entire game. When you think the likes of Salah, Mane, Mahrez and Bernado Silva are all on 7-9 assists it kind of makes better reading for Aurier who is not only being asked to be a main source of supply to our attackers but also being asked to defend.

I was surprised reading his stats to be honest. He still suffers from absolute brain farts and can be frustratingbto watch quite often but he is impacting our games just as much in a positive way as well.

I would rather have an Aurier messing up but working really hard than a player with more ability like we had with Eriksen (and seem to be having from Kane at the moment) putting in half-hearted performances.

I'm not defending his entire game. When you think the likes of Salah, Mane, Mahrez and Bernado Silva are all on 7-9 assists it kind of makes better reading for Aurier who is not only being asked to be a main source of supply to our attackers but also being asked to defend.

I was surprised reading his stats to be honest. He still suffers from absolute brain farts and can be frustratingbto watch quite often but he is impacting our games just as much in a positive way as well.

I would rather have an Aurier messing up but working really hard than a player with more ability like we had with Eriksen (and seem to be having from Kane at the moment) putting in half-hearted performances.

Aurier is over criticized now, in much the same way Walker was, but the dye has been cast, it won't change now, no matter what he does.

I have seen Aurier jogging back on many occasions. He tries when he can be bothered.

We should save that sentence and just put in new names each week.

Here's my first attempt......

Jose is over criticized now, in much the same way Poch was, but the dye has been cast, it won't change now, no matter what he does
I’m not sure about that Mutters....depends what happens next, where next includes any transfer activity and a chunk of next season....after yesterday I think the major critic is holding back for an I told you so moment if we fail at Newcastle, but apart from some moans and groans the level of vitriol has dropped off quite a lot.

I heard over the weekend that none of Serge’ s brain farts , mistakes or ball losses have lead to a goal this season , unlike Sanchez who is the biggest culprit where mistakes lead to us conceding .
I found that very surprising