Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation | Page 5 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation

I believe that because of his age an offer was always a given to protect us from him walking away without a fee. Only MA knows how highly he rates him and EC no doubt will consider all offers from other clubs very carefully. Our contract offer is definitely a financial back stop, MA will take a view on how important it is from a footballing aspect.

Sam Winnall released by Sheffield Wednesday. Most likely way out our pay range but did have a good time at Scunthorpe.

Just to clarify the difference between club developed and home grown players.

This season we were required to have one club developed player in the match day squad or, if not, only 6 subs. That's defined as a player who has been registered with their current team for at least 12 months prior to the end of their U19 season.

If salary caps are introduced for next season the requirement will change to 8 home grown players. Home grown players as defined as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least 3 years between the age of 15 and 21. At present all but one of our squad would qualify as home grown.

Exactly. There was never a problem with 5. 7 is excessive, is they're any point sticking a kid on the bench every week with no intention of using him just to have 7 subs?

Hence my suggestion of using it for a reserve keeper in Long. Looks a moot point though if the home grown regulations are altered for the salary caps

I have said it once and i will say it again. Isn't it refreshing for a chairman to take the time to come onto a fans forum and clarify a situation for us. All but one of the squad home grown. Now how many other clubs can say that about their team, and their chairman. We truly are so lucky to have Clive.

I have said it once and i will say it again. Isn't it refreshing for a chairman to take the time to come onto a fans forum and clarify a situation for us. All but one of the squad home grown. Now how many other clubs can say that about their team, and their chairman. We truly are so lucky to have Clive.
I’d imagine a lot of clubs given home grown counts as played in the UK for 3 years between 15 and 21. Elbouzedi being our only player outside?

But yes, always grateful to Clive for posting on here.

I saw a Facebook post saying we were interested in offering Sheehan a new deal. Could be total nadgers of course. Personally I think that it's unlikely given his age.

A friend of mine is a Sunderland season ticket holder and for the first time in 50 years he is not renewing his season ticket and neither are any of the people he goes with. They’ve all just had enough of the mismanagement of the club. So he’s bought a season ticket for South Shields instead. There are some very hard times ahead for Sunderland both on and off the pitch.

Heck, that’s really going to help the club.

Anyone thinking that a salary cap might be a straight forward way of reigning in football finance post-Covid only has to look at Mansfield. Spending like a sailor in port regardless of the clear financial challenges facing all clubs, using money from dodgy insurance sales.

Even a three month lockdown, off the back of three years of failure on gates of 3,000 hasn’t put them off continuing the splurge.

Anyone thinking that a salary cap might be a straight forward way of reigning in football finance post-Covid only has to look at Mansfield. Spending like a sailor in port regardless of the clear financial challenges facing all clubs, using money from dodgy insurance sales.

Even a three month lockdown, off the back of three years of failure on gates of 3,000 hasn’t put them off continuing the splurge.
Our lack of match day income will be more important to us and affect us more than clubs like Mansfield.