Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation | Page 4 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation

Holy Moly, so if they don't do any other business this Summer they are already starting with a squad of 40.

Sunderland is a perfect example of how the parachute payments just make clubs lazy. Rather than doing the hard-yards to get promoted, they have (relatively speaking) been awash with cash and still couldn't do it.

And underlines just how spectacularly they’ve been mismanaged for a number of years.

I see WBA have announced their retained list. Putting two and two together and getting five (sorry ScotImp), perhaps Appleton will be interested in one or two of those released?

Both of the two youngsters named ( Wilson & Fitzwater) are defenders and we are somewhat light of numbers in that department so could stand a chance. Might find them as Triallist A & B come pre-season games

Jonathon Bond might be considered for the goalkeeper spot. Only 27 which is a decent age for a keeper.

Brunt/Barry/Peltier are getting on a bit so probably don't tick the right boxes and will probably want too much in wages ( though Brunt is still a very good player)

Nathan Ferguson is the best of those but has clearly been tapped up somewhere higher in the food chain

Both of the two youngsters named ( Wilson & Fitzwater) are defenders and we are somewhat light of numbers in that department so could stand a chance. Might find them as Triallist A & B come pre-season games
That's if there are any pre-season games as such. May just be a kick about/training session at the training ground, 3 pitches there so would make use of them, plus no crowds.

Do their Premier League parachute payments come to an end this summer as well?

Yes, received an estimated £16m in 2019/20, third and final payment. Need to make some serious cost savings from this, COVID, and a third season in L1 looming. Pretty shocking not getting in the top six considering this.

Yes, received an estimated £16m in 2019/20, third and final payment. Need to make some serious cost savings from this, COVID, and a third season in L1 looming. Pretty shocking not getting in the top six considering this.

Thanks. Quite a spectacular failure on that basis then. I feel for their fans - they really didnt deserve the procession of charlatans and spivs masquerading as football administrators.

Thanks. Quite a spectacular failure on that basis then. I feel for their fans - they really didnt deserve the procession of charlatans and spivs masquerading as football administrators.
A friend of mine is a Sunderland season ticket holder and for the first time in 50 years he is not renewing his season ticket and neither are any of the people he goes with. They’ve all just had enough of the mismanagement of the club. So he’s bought a season ticket for South Shields instead. There are some very hard times ahead for Sunderland both on and off the pitch.

A friend of mine is a Sunderland season ticket holder and for the first time in 50 years he is not renewing his season ticket and neither are any of the people he goes with. They’ve all just had enough of the mismanagement of the club. So he’s bought a season ticket for South Shields instead. There are some very hard times ahead for Sunderland both on and off the pitch.

Real shame.

To be fair to Goodwin he isn't usually one to repeat social media speculation from supporters unlike other sites but still very much a wait and see matter.

I hope Ellis remains with us. He's got a hell of a left foot for passes and crosses, it would be great to see him develop that further with us.

I wonder if we are really interested in O'Hara. His name was mentioned as a throwaway 'maybe' on here recently, since been mentioned on Banter (which as we know means sod all), now mentioned here again and ExAgent is tweeting it too. I might be getting it totally wrong, but I wonder if it's a Vitals-generated rumour?

I wonder if we are really interested in O'Hara. His name was mentioned as a throwaway 'maybe' on here recently, since been mentioned on Banter (which as we know means sod all), now mentioned here again and ExAgent is tweeting it too. I might be getting it totally wrong, but I wonder if it's a Vitals-generated rumour?

99% of rumours are started on here. 1% work out right

I assume with Ellis there is a deadline for acceptance of the offer which I assume is probably Monday or Tuesday next week