Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation | Page 32 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation

Now with the salary cap I think less will drop down? More likely to be willing to try abroad.

For example if you were on £20K a week perhaps a £6K a week league 1 deal was agreeable compared to a £8K a week foreign club deal due to being a safer move (less of an uproot, language etc.).

But if league 1 can only offer £4K a week now to fit in with cap, perhaps a move abroad for double the money is better.

I imagine the foreign clubs are having the same financial problems as the British clubs, maybe only New Zealand and Belorussian fans being aloud in during covid - probably for completely different reasons, no cases in N.Z. and vodka and sauna cure in Minsk.

Is this a game of six degrees of separation?
Does Diana Ross or even some fat lady sing when it's all over.

Well Ringo's drumming son, Zak, has played for the Who extensively and the Who's guitarist, Pete Townsend, has recorded with Ronnie Laine of the Faces, of whom fellow Faces Rod Stewart & Ronnie Wood had previously been in the Jeff Beck group and that group had Cozy Powell as drummer for some time and Cozy later played with Brian May of Queen and of course that brings you to Freddie himself and his famous anthem, Barcelona, with the "fat lady" most definitely singing...

I could also have took the route from Pete Townsend managing the legend that is John Otway and then onto myself recording at Abbey Road with Otway....

It hasn't received a great deal of publicity, which is surprising. This is Ipswich owner Marcus Evans' take on things - remember that Ipswich voted against a cap:

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2020/august/marcus-evans-on-salary-cap/
Thanks, I didn't realise there was effectively a cap on senior players allowed in the squad. Quite surprising in a way as that could be quite restrictive; presumably the intention is also to get young players more involved in first-team football?

Arsenal are starting to send players out on loan, one poor sod has been sent to Gillingham for the season. We should know fairly soon whether or not Tyreece is coming back.

Arsenal are starting to send players out on loan, one poor sod has been sent to Gillingham for the season. We should know fairly soon whether or not Tyreece is coming back.
Oh I hope so - showed a lot of promise and could be swapped around with Hopper & Scully to mix things up.