Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation | Page 29 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation

Few cryptic twitter post from Imps fans appear to believe we are in the running to sign Adam Jackson from Hibernian. He was highly rated at Barnsley previously by all accounts.

Yep, seems he was rated by Barnsley fans but hasn’t played that much for Hibs? 26 and 6’2” so will be interesting to see if anything comes out of this as a rumour.

I’m fairly certain we would be entitled as we offered a contract and he’s only 19. Any compensation would be minimal, especially given he hasn’t solely been developed by Lincoln.

% wise I would have thought his development was largely Lincoln’s.
Was a junior here, went to Leicester and came back for 3 seasons in most important period of his development so far.

Your view of his potential may also be pretty different to Lincoln’s and probably others.
If I had a deal on the table, I would have signed it by now, if no one else was offering me something, at least as good.

So my bet is he has a number of admirers.

We will see.

In a way I will be extremely disappointed with Ellis if he decides to move. Obviously I’m not party to his or MA’s thoughts and not therefore in a position to really judge. However, MA is planning to develop a young squad and Ellis is clearly bang in the frame for the type of player needed. In my humble and uneducated opinion he should get his head down, toughen up and make a concerted effort to win a place and prove his worth, and genuinely fulfil his enormous potential.

Few cryptic twitter post from Imps fans appear to believe we are in the running to sign Adam Jackson from Hibernian. He was highly rated at Barnsley previously by all accounts.

He knows how we want to defend and look to play out from the back -
to quote his manager at Hibs.

Might fill some of the “don’t **** about at the back” brigade with hope.

Adam Jackson looks to be a solid bet for CB that will give MA the option he needs, unless he’s not a ‘play it out from the back’ disciple in which case MA might not be interested.

Ross Jack clearly does not fancy this centre back as he has a year left on his contract. Most Sunderland fans didn't fancy Mr Jack.

Would be a decent acquisition by the looks of it but I can't see a single thing on twitter regarding him joining us, not even a rumour. And isn't he under contract?

He's been 'injured' for Hibs.. But he'd be a cracking signing down the spine of the team, he'd beef the centre of defence up.

He was released by Barnsley so can't have been that highly rated by them! Bolton were interested in January apparently.

Considering that MA said he wants the majority of his summer business completed by Monday 17 August, this could be a busy week for the scarf.

Fair enough. Just had a look through their forums and a few fans rate him. Some comments about a lack of pace but judging by YouTube, Montsma would be the one to bring the ball out anyway.

Considering that MA said he wants the majority of his summer business completed by Monday 17 August, this could be a busy week for the scarf.
You'd imagine we would perhaps hold back on a place or two in the squad for any of the inevitable half decent players that become available later into pre-season.

Obviously need a GK, then another CB, potentially another FB and ST.