Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation | Page 28 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation

Ellis is playing quite a dangerous game it seems. If the offer is still there would he be favoured by MA under the circumstances. I'd suspect not

Ellis is playing quite a dangerous game it seems. If the offer is still there would he be favoured by MA under the circumstances. I'd suspect not
Without portioning any blame whatsoever to any party it looks like there has been a complete relationship breakdown there.

He is lucky to be offered a contract but he and his advisers are the only ones not to agree!

He may take the view that he was only offered a contract as he is under 24 years of age (fee) but is not going to be playing. That's fine if you are sure of getting another contract somewhere else. I can only imagine he must be guaranteed something at another club and is deciding which one he is going to sign for, otherwise......

He may take the view that he was only offered a contract as he is under 24 years of age (fee) but is not going to be playing. That's fine if you are sure of getting another contract somewhere else. I can only imagine he must be guaranteed something at another club and is deciding which one he is going to sign for, otherwise......
It's best all round that he moves on as he isn't going to be starting ahead of Bridcutt, McGrandles and Jones. Yes he may have potential but no one has really seen much of it as yet. At this moment in time he's not strong enough physically and hasn't seemed to have progressed as well and possibly quickly as some would like. He may well turn out in time to be a "Sam Clucas" we missed out on but he could just as easily be the next "Connor Robinson" and not do too much. Lets take some cash off someone for the lad, wish him well and move onwards and upwards.

It's best all round that he moves on as he isn't going to be starting ahead of Bridcutt, McGrandles and Jones. Yes he may have potential but no one has really seen much of it as yet. At this moment in time he's not strong enough physically and hasn't seemed to have progressed as well and possibly quickly as some would like. He may well turn out in time to be a "Sam Clucas" we missed out on but he could just as easily be the next "Connor Robinson" and not do too much. Lets take some cash off someone for the lad, wish him well and move onwards and upwards.
There's Edun as well, who I think will be very important next season.

He is lucky to be offered a contract but he and his advisers are the only ones not to agree!
Agreed. It takes a lot of confidence to look elsewhere at a time like this, which is unusual considering he looked like a rabbit in the headlights whenever he played. I would be surprised if he is starting for a football league club next season.

Ellis Chapman is very clearly an exciting prospect and has a superb left foot. He has a great physical build to be a top class player and Danny recognised that by saying Ellis could be whatever he wants to be. The problem is between his ears I think. He has been living on the word potential without reaching the level he should have done for the last two years or more. In a way that’s surprising given how good DC was at understanding people and their motivation and getting the best out of them. Ellis has had plenty of time and opportunity to be a regular first teamer but for some reason he just hasn’t kicked on. The sending off (Cambridge?) had a massive impact on his confidence but he should have been toughened up mentally by it and pushed on. Instead he seems to have taken it personally and become more introvert. I think he does have the potential to be another Sam Clucas, and better, but clearly lacks something in his mental strength and confidence. If that could be unlocked there is a Premiership player in there, but for me the most important judgement is that of MA - with his experience and knowledge of the higher game and development of young players - if he is not convinced about Ellis then I would be inclined to think there’s some significant weakness in his make-up that MA has seen and that may be why things have reached the stage they have. Real shame but we have to move on. UTI.

To be fair i dont think many if any know whats really happening with Ellis , Obviously the Club Him and advisers know the full story ,

To be fair hes trying to set him self up for later on in life but maybe doesnt see a light at the end of the tunnel for him currently at Lincoln,

As a club they need results and maybe dont think hes quite ready

Michaels job is based on results and thats what hes paid to do ,

Regarding Ellis, DC was desperate for a sale last pre-season and I believe he thought Ellis could be an attraction to an Under 23 academy.

Ellis has potential, but from what I have seen isn’t ready for League 1 football yet.

None of us know the ins and outs of the Ellis situation, but if Lincoln want to make money out of him, they have to offer him a deal (even if they don't want him). Otherwise they won't ultimately win a reasonable settlement at tribunal. If Ellis isn't feeling the love, or seeing the route to first team football, that may because neither are particularly obvious at the moment. In such circumstances it wouldn't be unreasonable for him to look elsewhere, or for us to leave the offer on the table. There doesn't need to be blame on either side, just a neutral difference of opinion. And with the Covid related change in circumstances, it wouldn't be surprising if Ellis has to wait until the end of the transfer window before someone is prepared to pay a fee, or agree a sell-on clause, when there will be so many free transfers around.

Given we no longer hold his registration presumably transfer window doesn’t apply, so if he signs for someone in November say, I can’t imagine we would still be eligible for compensation?

Given we no longer hold his registration presumably transfer window doesn’t apply, so if he signs for someone in November say, I can’t imagine we would still be eligible for compensation?

I’m fairly certain we would be entitled as we offered a contract and he’s only 19. Any compensation would be minimal, especially given he hasn’t solely been developed by Lincoln.