Summer 2019 Transfers | Page 5 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfers

Norwich born, Jed Steer is out of contract in the summer. Can Aston Villa afford to keep him if they don't get promoted and escape Championship fair play rules.

I think if we were in the championship next season idah and power would have been promoted to 1st team but next season if we are in the premiership they will hopefully get championship or league 1 loans

I think if we were in the championship next season idah and power would have been promoted to 1st team but next season if we are in the premiership they will hopefully get championship or league 1 loans

Totally agree with this Bears - unless they absolutely storm pre season, it’s tough to see them getting many PL minutes so loans would be good (similar to how the Murphy twins went out on loan)

Norwich were the only British club to have scouts at the Portuguese league match between Feirense and Benfica on Sunday.

The agent of Olympiacos midfielder Kostas Fortounis (who we have been linked with) has traveled to England today to talk with an unnamed club.

Apparently we are after Shrewsbury's 17 year old left back Rhys Davies. Southampton and Bournemouth also interested. The interesting thing is that Shrewsbury are letting Davies go on a free transfer not taking up the option to give him a new contract. Strange that a L1 club would say no to a player but three premiership clubs want him.

We seem to be buying players for the U23 all the time . I guess Webber is waiting to see what division we are playing in next season before making moves for players

The u23s have a little more importance (for the players) as they will be involved in the Checkatrade Trophy which will give them games against lower league clubs. I am all for buying in young talent as long as that doesn't effect us buying 1st team players.

The agent of Olympiacos midfielder Kostas Fortounis (who we have been linked with) has traveled to England today to talk with an unnamed club.

Apparently we are after Shrewsbury's 17 year old left back Rhys Davies. Southampton and Bournemouth also interested. The interesting thing is that Shrewsbury are letting Davies go on a free transfer not taking up the option to give him a new contract. Strange that a L1 club would say no to a player but three premiership clubs want him.

I suspect I know your source!

Last edited:
We seem to be buying players for the U23 all the time . I guess Webber is waiting to see what division we are playing in next season before making moves for players

I wonder if we are still interested in:
RW - Fitzgerald - 18 years old - scoring goals
LW - Hastie - 20 years old - scoring goals
CB - Liverpool lad - 20 years old

DM - Luca Connell - turns 18 on the 20th April 6' tall
Plays for Bolton and is out of contract this summer
5 league starts and 2 sub
Born Liverpool Republic of Ireland U18
Sign him and loan him back to Bolton to develop?
(source of the idea: Stunt Pegg - YouTube vlogger)

I wanted to ask this .... during the QPR game the sky commentator said pukki was 3rd choice on Webbers list of forwards they wanted but the other 2 fell through and pukki was the chosen. Do we know or any rumours at the time to who the other two were? I'm sure there was a German chap we were linked with.

Powell of Wigan being linked. Had lots of potential has stalled a little. Do we need another attacking midfielder?

Powell will be a free agent so makes sense. He can play central midfield and upfront but attacking midfield is his preferred position. Derby, Burnley, Brighton, Celtic, RB Leipzig and Borussia Moenchengladbach, Fenerbahce and Besiktas also interested so he has options.

Surely a striker must be on Webber’s list . Pukki can survive the Prem but not Rhodes and Srbeny
I am guessing Morris will be loaned out again too leaving us with 1 forward - back to the AN days.

Talking about Morris he and Thompson both got 90 minutes for the u23s the other day. I am think one of the two will be on the bench on Friday with Rhodes not being able to play

Bruce has said he will speak with us in 2 weeks to discuss Rhodes future. He seems to suggest that the ball is in our court but if he goes back to Wednesday he would be okay with that. I know Rhodes has been a real good team player and DF likes him a lot but I just think he would be an expensive passenger if we signed him