Summer 2019 Transfers | Page 4 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfers

Apparently inside info is that Jordan Rhodes has been signed on a permanent basis and will be revealed at last home game.

I wouldn't be against signing him as a replacement for Srbeny essentially, so long as we bring in another striker to compete with Pukki. Rhodes has done well in his fleeting appearances and sub appearances, and clearly from what everyone has said is great around the training ground - as a 3rd striker he'd be fine. Imagine he'd be pretty cheap too, Sheff Weds are looking to offload. I'd have thought maybe Morris might have been the original plan, but the kid seems to have had his career ruined by this injury

This will also allow Idah to go out on loan if true

In our last season in the Prem I believed that we had to spend big to stay there , but IF we go up I am now thinking that not spending madly like Fulham and Huddersfield is the best way forwards for us . I now think the incredible spirit we have in this team will see us through , We should keep basically the same squad with only additions of hungry players who want to play for US , and not for the money .

The Premier League is becoming ridiculous . We simply could not compete with the top six . Fulham couldn’t do it and they spent the highest amount EVER on players of a promoted club (£110m) . The fact is that the money the top six have , shown by the stadiums they can build has left us far behind .

Personally I will be reasonably happy if our same squad gives it all they have next season and we manage to stay up . As Bears says ..we have to trust in Webber and Farke .

Just posted that this morning and now Webber has signed up McFlap for a couple of years more . Not the smartest of moves to put it mildly

If McFlap had any ambition he would leave but prem wages must be the reason. It isn't just an add on it is a two-year deal. The thing is he is apparently liked a lot by management and players and wants to be here so maybe it does make sense but I am worried about our GK situation for next season as Krul (my opinion) isn't good enough for the prem. I guess Ox will be loaned out next season then.

I see Mourgos has also been offered a new deal which is good for him. The club obviously has high hopes for him and maybe want to see him get a season out on loan which he would have had this season if it had not been for the injury.

I guess keeping the main core of players for next season is a must and we don;t want another situation where the core players and big personalities are sold or replaced like what happened with worthy.

I think players like Cantwell, Morris will be loaned out

Sorry but I think this signals that McGovern will be keeper number 3 when we go up and we’ll likely bring someone in to compete with Krul on loan (Dean Henderson is the rumour)

This then allows Oxborough to go out on loan for a full season

Remember that year when we suddenly had to sign Lee Camp to play in the PL because our two keepers got injured. This will at least stop a last second panic like that

Sorry but I think this signals that McGovern will be keeper number 3 when we go up and we’ll likely bring someone in to compete with Krul on loan (Dean Henderson is the rumour)

Remember that year when we suddenly had to sign Lee Camp to play in the PL because our two keepers got injured. This will at least stop a last second panic like that

I am sorry but I do have to say that based on what I have I have seen of this guy , then the very thought of McFlap ever playing for us in the Premier League fills me with dread

Well I guess that as long as he is third choice keeper then I guess there’s only a slim chance of him playing for us .

Signing a new deal will surely end his international hopes too, won’t it? Although doesn’t look like Peacock-Farrell at Leeds will be first choice either...

Henderson I'm not sure about seems like a bit of a cock and I'm sure he put some video up poking fun at norwich. We will need another gk and guys in the media seem to agree that we have to get one but maybe one who'll be happy to act as back up to Krul.

Webber links again. He looks a devebt talent but as we now seem to sign u23 players im never sure if these guys are for 1st team of u33s. Hopefully less ayala and Phillips more Pacheco. We have had some poor Liverpool players in the past.

Add Dave Watson for £200k....who went on to play for England (not the Sunderland one)

Apparently inside info is that Jordan Rhodes has been signed on a permanent basis and will be revealed at last home game.

I hope its a case of Farke, Webber & Co. think he can actually do it in a team that plays to his strengths rather than him being a player who doesn't rock the boat.

I agree that Oxborough needs to go out on loan during 2019 - 20

Its going to be interesting to see what happens re Idah and Power (left winger) next season