Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 110 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

We need to get Ndombele done and dusted ASAP talk that Juventus and City may make a move for him.
French football expert Geezer on Talksport says Ndombele is a bit of a shy cat and a homebody. Reckons a few have been put off as they worry he won't settle abroad.

Take your point but I think the fact that no one (EPL sides) have done any serious business, is no reason to panic (yet)!

If we had a settled first 11 and squad I doubt anyone would really care.

Sadly that couldn't be further from the truth.

Our squad is a mess and needs addressing urgently.

Have also seen we have been offered Pablo Sarabia from Seville.
His stats from last season are pretty good reading.
Don't know a lot about him to be fair but apparently the release clause is only £16M

French football expert Geezer on Talksport says Ndombele is a bit of a shy cat and a homebody. Reckons a few have been put off as they worry he won't settle abroad.
Sissoko is supposed to be a top bloke he can chaperone might upset Harry winks mind.

Is this Ndombele guy really good? We hv wasted lots of money on 2 guys with an Nsomething name. Getting a little paranoid.

We need to get Ndombele done and dusted ASAP talk that Juventus and City may make a move for him.

Juve are going to move for absolutely no one until their new manager is appointed; their general manager's name is going to be taken in vain by all and sundry, but an agent friend of mine is part of the current merry-go-round because of a player he co-represents and he's just told me over lunch that we can take Juve's media position and so-called interest with a pinch of salt as the GM told him that they won't even attempt to enter negotiations with target clubs and agents until next week (when they expect their managerial situation to 'firm up')..

Is this Ndombele guy really good? We hv wasted lots of money on 2 guys with an Nsomething name. Getting a little paranoid.

Nothing wrong in being paranoid. read 'Only the paranoid' survive by Andy Grove (the main man who built Intel). Paranoia is healthy!

Last edited:
We won't sign anyone if Pochettino hasn't decided what he's doing.

So I'm not paying any attention until that fact has been determined.

Could we really sign Van de Beek ?

looks the most plausible transfer pending, at a reasonable price (45m ish). would allow for a decent 4 forward group offering nice combo of attributes.... deffo 1 Donald that would be welcomed in Londonstan.

damn sight more likely than Dombly and Biss

That would be nice. Poch announces he's leaving, then we mess about getting all that sorted, and then a replacement, by then all the good deals have been done, and we're left with the dross.

Transition period for 2 years.

You'd think contracts were actually binding, but really they mean nothing. One of the most important transfer windows for Spurs, as we seem to be on the cusp of something special, and here we are worrying about our coach who is under contract with Spurs for a few more years FFS.

I know it’s all press speculation but the phrase we will not be held to ransome in the context of all 3 of our alleged main targets usually translates into well we tried but couldn’t find anyone to buy.

I sincerely hope this will not be the case this time....of course if Poch leaves then all bets are off unless he is instantly replaced by a major, high profile manager who could attract talent, even if he isn’t very good.

We need to make a statement signing in my opinion and with Toby and Eriksen possibly leaving...a marquee signing may convince them to stay.

I would like to see a big signing, and signing that shows our intent....earlier rather than later.

This will show everyone that we are not fucking around an that we mean business.

**Of course this is just my pipe dream...don't actually think it will happen.

I know it’s all press speculation but the phrase we will not be held to ransome in the context of all 3 of our alleged main targets usually translates into well we tried but couldn’t find anyone to buy.

I sincerely hope this will not be the case this time....of course if Poch leaves then all bets are off unless he is instantly replaced by a major, high profile manager who could attract talent, even if he isn’t very good.

Well Jose is available ???