Summer 2018 Transfers | Page 63 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

Rex.
So far this season we have 5 points from 6 games.
Using average points per game over 46 game full season
that gives us a total of 38.3 points. Lets say 38.
On relegation form.

Last seasons bottom of the table was :
19 BirminghamCity 46 13 7 26 38 68−30 46
20 Reading 46 10 14 22 48 70−22 44
21 Bolton Wanderers 46 10 13 23 39 74−35 43
22 Barnsley (R)46 9 14 23 48 71−23 41
23 Burton Albion (R) 46 10 11 25 38 81−43 41
24 Sunderland (R) 46 7 16 23 52 80−28 37

38 is relegation form. I wonder how many teams finished in the top ten after such a shaky start. Most teams don’t continue with their early progress good or bad so I would expect us to perk up sometime. We’ll see.

Here's your answer Rex

Table after 6 games 2017, position, team, final position

17 Norwich 14
18 Aston Villa 4
19 Millwall 8
20 Sunderland 24 (R)
21 Birmingham 19
22 Burton 23 (R)
23 Brentford 9
24 Bolton 21

Still chance of the play-offs I guess

So , looking at last year as a guide then we stand only a paltry 1 in 8 chance of making the play offs and a zero chance of winning it .

Been saying that since the start of the season
This is not what our expectations were ie pushing top six
Whistling in the wind

Steve. There is absolutely no chance of play offs.
Not by using figures and not by what is happening on the pitch.
Poor manager, any good players for sale, still not offloading players DF refuses to play, poor tactics, no spirit and fans pissed off.

Exactly ........ you go up with investment in your team , with a good tactical manager , and with the Board , Coaches , management team , players and fans who ALL having that burning desire , passion , and hunger to succeed.

Great leaders instill all those attributes in those below them . Poor leaders can’t , won’t or don’t don’t have the ability to do that . Clearly the Smiths and the Board fall into poor leaders category

I would have hoped we wouldn't see Wes playing in the Championship against us (like a Hucks) but I guess he needs to play and his family are here. I know he had interested from MLS. I can see them probably giving him a deal.

I still think we could add to the squad and a couple of decent players still on a free.

Really don’t understand Wes going to a rival, at all!! I thought the reason he was leaving was because he couldn’t play as often at this level anymore and his contract was up so he was going to drop a level or go abroad. If he’s not going anywhere and still fit enough and good enough (never in doubt) then the only team he should be playing for is NC. I’d be a little disappointed in him if he did play for another championship club . I don’t blame him on one hand but at same time hucks flew the globe just to avoid playing against us. I’d like to see the same from our Wes. Either go abroad Wes or come home !

No one wanted Russ on loan but as soon as he became free clubs interested? Get Martin in their defence should help us when we play them.

I wonder if WBA have read the comments that the Glasgow Rangers fans said about the quality of Rusty Markins defending ! !

Is it just me or is it a little bit......strange or whatever the word maybe for Rob Butler and the Pinkun, Norwich Instagram site to be going on about Maddison and how great it is for him to be in the England side and then videos of him warming up. The guy isn't a Norwich player, he has left and also he wasn't one of our academy products. Bloody drop it now Norwich. The guy will forget about us by next summer or when he moves on to his next club. It makes me feel like we are so desperate for him to like us and for us to hang onto him - let's go on about Aarons in the u20s and Lewis for the N.Irish.

Reactions: Rex
I think you make a very good point Bears . Madders only played for us for one year and although he was fabulous at NC the love-in seems out of proportion . Seems to be that way at the moment with the love-in for Rusty Marking , who was averagely good back in the day , but someone I seem to remember who had a large part to play in our catastrophic relegation and was a shocking defender in the two seasons since