Summer 2018 Transfers | Page 42 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

Jordan Rhodes. I’d take him if the money is sensible. Wednesday have overreached themselves, so look ripe to do a deal. They’ll need to be paying plenty of his wages though. Says to me that the board are serious about a promotion tilt while not risking the club. The summer business has been timely and excellent when considering our financial situation now.

https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/proven-championship-striker-close-to-norwich-move/

It has been adequate. We will wait and see.
I can remember so many years of getting hopes up with a few signings in and out but when the hopeless owners remain and the dire tactics from retained manager remain, they make little difference.

Liverpool have rejected the Celtic loan offer for Wilson as they don't trust them to give him game time. DF might be able to charm Klopp for Wilson's services.

Why did we sign him ? What sort of people are running the club . The amount of money wasted on wages is astronomical

I had mentioned that we were interested in Woodburn a month or so ago. He would be a good signing but I am expecting Liverpool to want us to play him so would he play up top with Pukki/Srbeny or would he be more of a number 10. I guess he can also play on the wing so maybe he might be pushed out wide?

I think I would prefer Wilson.

I wish we could get this all sorted out soon . The season starts soon and some big issues need sorting .... not only Pinto , but Nelson , Jarvis and Rusty Markin . We can’t afford to fork out hundreds of thousands of pounds every month for players who won’t even be playing for us .The club needs running better than this

big wages on that list. From the reports I've seen Pinto is on around 25k a week, Martin on the same, Oli is the highest earner (according to Bailey) so must be about 40k, Jarvis again is on 40k. Remove those guys and the weight on the wages would just melt away and hopefully give some space for another player.

I am sure once Pinto goes then Oli will be gone. I still hope that we bring in another forward though --- Idah might still impress during friendlies. Martin I think will be on loan soon.

Apparently, Celtic had scouts watching the Liverpool game (friendly) on Sunday and was so impressed with Wilson they made an offer there and then. If we are really interested we should stop messing about (if we are) and offer for him.

Some news on Thompson tomorrow.....I think it will be to do with his contract which expires next summer but we will see. DF was asked if he was going to give Thompson a loan and he said it isn't in his plans so Thompson might be given a go.

Bailey and Freezer say that DF has said that he is looking at two more signings during this window. Apparently, DF said 'we are not sleeping we are awake' to answer the question of are we still active in the window.

MB and DF said that they think this will really depend on the futures or Oli and Pinto if we make any more signings as they will bring in some transfer fees and release some 'big' wages.

MB says that the whole Rhodes thing is strange. He thinks that it was all done by Wednesday/agents to let everyone know that Rhodes is available. MB doubts if Rhodes had even travelled to Norwich. MB doesn't think it will ever happen as Wednesday still want loads of money and his wages paid.

MB says that the club is now financially secure for the next few years......I bet next summer we will hear the same as we did this summer about a financial black hole. DF said that not many clubs in the country have brought in as much money as we have this year.

They spoke about Phillips and said he is the best passer at the club and has backs of potential but they think he will go out on loan again maybe to a league 1 club as there isn't space for him here at the moment but he is in the minds of DF. Phillips has been working hard in the gym and wanting to impress. Bailey made the point that Phillips is out of contract at the end of the season so it will be interesting. Apparently, we do have a year extension option. If he is as good as they say get him playing or at least signed up to a new three-year deal or something!!

Both agreed that Nelson O needs to move on and then we can bring in a new player and a new freshness up front. They were unsure of Rhodes and said that whilst he is a goal scorer he doesn't really fit the Farke type player. They said that they believe the club wants a homegrown player and one with Championship experience.
Jordan Hugill's name was mentioned but apparently, PNE are close to signing him.

Hanley is their man to be captain or Klose.

They have no idea of what the away kit will look like but will be worn I guess in the preseason.

Asked if Wildschut will be here at the start of the season they responded by saying only if the offer financially helps the club. Wigan are interested but Norwich wants his wages covered.

The guys think that Oliveira was having a dig at Farke when he put pictures up of the German teams' stats and still lost. They think it was a dig at DF and his love of possession football.

They also spoke about how Oliveria spoke to a paper about how he had a move lined up and this would be announced soon but still, nothing has happened so maybe it fell through