Summer 2018 Transfers | Page 30 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

I have been watching all world cup games ( one of the benefits of having a home office and being self employed ) and the so called lesser teams are doing well against the fancied teams. However the reason they are not always grabbing a draw or even winning is down to not having a clinical striker or even able to finish off good chances.

Sound familiar ?

The good thing about JR is that he hates what the scum did to his dad (their goalkeeping coach at the time) and could not wait to leave them. If he agrees to the terms we offer, I think he could help us. :tophat:

Olly, I wouldn’t mind him being number 2 and Matthews as 1 but he wouldn’t come here to be number 2 and Newcastle wouldn’t loan him to us to be a number 2. It will be another season for Matthews to miss out on taking the shirt. I imagine the loan would include a buy clause.

Apparently according to sources close to Rhodes he wants to come here. I’d be happy with that as I think he would settle and score goals as long as he is happy he’ll do well but we would still need another pace forward

We should be able to have Marriott and Rhodes, especially if they both want to come to us. Lord Nelson doesn't want to be here.

One of our RB targets has decided again signing for us and gone to Udinese who I think also finished 14th in their league. Hidde Ter Avest has been chased by DF since end of season. So we after a RB and I think pinto might be on way out.

So it's looking like a loan move for Rhodes I think because we can't afford his expensive wages of 50k a week. A loan makes sense as save money.

I was having my early morning coffee in supermarket cafe and picked up an EDP. Not on pink un site for a link yet but read an article about Jarvis England call up about 8 years ago. Wonder why he was overlooked by Southgate this year :grinning::grinning: Maybe no room on plane for the medical staff entourage.

I have been watching all world cup games ( one of the benefits of having a home office and being self employed ) and the so called lesser teams are doing well against the fancied teams. However the reason they are not always grabbing a draw or even winning is down to not having a clinical striker or even able to finish off good chances.

Sound familiar ?

I made exactly the same point DG. It's like watching Norwich with a lot of the games in the world cup - even a lot of sideways and backwards passing :grinning:

It does show however that a clinical striker evades most clubs and even national sides. We all saw what a difference Kane made when he was clinical v Tunisia. I don't think we'll find one, as will 90% of clubs fail to in every division. I have a feeling Marriott will be average next season (although I would still like to give him a go - last season was first time hes ever scored a lot in one season. It really is a lottery, I'm convinced ! Down to luck who has the striker at the right season or two.

Wouldn't mind Rhodes. Yes he's passed his best BUT...if his wages are low enough he will bring the experience we lack of the domestic league. That in itself is going to be important , goals aside.

According to Butler, we are struggling to agree on a fee with Sheffield Wednesday for Rhodes - we want a lower loan fee paid and they want more.

Butler says we have other forward targets and if this goes on too long we will go to one of those instead. Why are we going for two forwards? If we sell Oli and bring in Rhodes aren't we in the same situation again of having just 2 forwards??

We are in talks with Liverpool over a loan for their young winger harry Wilson. He had a great game against us last season when he was on loan at Hull. He scored 7 goals in 13 games. He is a right winger but can play on left too. Seems like DF wants wingers. With Marshall and jones linked and having already Buendia.