Summer 2018 Transfers | Page 27 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

There is no way he should be sold at this point. Has to be played regularly and if as good as anticipated sold when worth Maddision type of money. If the Smiffs selfish ownership plan is to have any chance of working at all players need to be sold for £ 10 to £ 20 million and not
£ 3 million as this will not cover the large deficit each season.

Godfrey is a very good player as we all know he will go if we don't go up if not sooner. The board will sell if the club get a larger offer. If we sell Godfrey it will be a sign of no ambition especially after selling Murphy and soon maddison. 3 million is a fucking joke especially with other costs. Like andros Townsend valued at 20 million. Godfrey is a hot prospect. The club will buckle if offered 5 million plus loan back for season.

He simply has to be play regularly for us next year, if only to increase his value tenfold. What is the point in developing a player for 2-3 years, getting loans arranged only to ship them out before even reaping the fruit of the efforts. I'll be shocked if he isn't a regular starter next season for us.

Forest apparently after Oli. In fact, they have a list of 3 and all of them have links with us. Oli - Grabban - Bamford.

They also wanted Marriott but couldn't afford his asking price thought to be around 6 million. So does that mean that they will be looking to offer around 4 million for Oli?

I’m not fretting too much about this Godfrey story - yet. £3m would be a ridiculously low price at this point, with all the lad’s potential. As DG says, if he plays regularly for us then in 12 months his price will have rocketed. Probably 3-4 times that £3m figure. With Murphy & Watkins gone and with Maddison inevitably going, I don’t think we need to sell anyone else for financial reasons. However, you can never second guess a football club, especially ours!

The great butler has said that the club will sell if 3 million comes in. On Twitter lots of people saying that is ridiculous and typical butler reply was something like 'yes he is a talent but only played in league 1 and 3 million will help out finances' he also said the club is in a mess financially and it's a worry so they will sell players if money is good. But then he seems to defend this fucking joke of 'self funded club'. Strange thing is stone was basically saying the Murphy money will go into the transfer fund for DF (and now Watkins too) so why are we now (according to butler) trying to sell anyone as we are in a mess? Butler says he knows that this isn't just a rumour it's true and offers coming in. I'm sure Webber will reject this really 3 million helps no one. If we sell him then we really are a fucking joke. Murphy - maddison - Godfrey who'd be next Cantwell - Lewis? Butler said, correctly, that there is an argument for another central midfielder saying Thompson is just back from massive injury, Tettey can't play too many as his knees are shot, Godfrey untried and trybull is very fragile then there are stiepermann who hasn't impressed and vrancic who never looked like an out and out central midfielder. There were rumours of a loan for Thompson for 6 months. One fan saud what's the point in fighting hard (like we did for Godfrey, maddison, Raggett and Abrahams) if we never see them or see for one season then off they go for cheap (maddison exception). Don't sell Godfrey, Norwich!

Gutler is an absolute moron. Everything he trots out is garbage.
How he got and keeps his job I have no idea. Maybe as he brown tongues the Smiffs ?

Forest apparently after Oli. In fact, they have a list of 3 and all of them have links with us. Oli - Grabban - Bamford.

They also wanted Marriott but couldn't afford his asking price thought to be around 6 million. So does that mean that they will be looking to offer around 4 million for Oli?

Given that Forest have just spent £13m on one player, I don't think money is an issue for them.

Joe Nolan the shrews' midfielder who we were after is now wanted by Ipswich and their manager has managed him before and it seems they might be his prefered destination.

We have been linked with Wolves winger Ben Marshall. Millwall also interested. He is a right winger but can play at Righ Back and left wing. One of those ' jacks of all trades' I was talking about. A good championship player.

Smith would sell anyone she can to keep her toy safe to hand over to Nepotism Tom. This time next season expect Godfrey , Jamal Lewis , Cantwelln and Buendia (if he does well) to be sold . Also expect the club to take up the one year option on Rusty Marking . It’s just the stupid sort of thing they are good at doing

With £24 million - 11 million - 1.5 million in I expect that we will now reject Godfrey offers. That is a decent amount in. All we need now is for Naismith to pay his way out of a contract, Martin to be released and McGovern to leave.

You watch they'll be saying that some of that money will be used to pay off Martin, Jarvis and Naismith.

Oh and what about Wildschut ---- the forgotten man. Do we sell or keep? I saw a few times a good player but also saw a poor player.

Gutler is an absolute moron. Everything he trots out is garbage.
How he got and keeps his job I have no idea. Maybe as he brown tongues the Smiffs ?

Agree DG - the man just agrees with everyone and constantly changes his opinions to try and get more attention for himself - complete nonsense of a "journalist" - guys that work at the EDP are much better.

Not sure why people on twitter are getting worked up over the Godfrey article - just because a team has interest in a player doesn't mean they'll even bid for him, let alone get him. Complete non story

Indeed Olly. Butler says the story has legs because it is from the BBC and he works for them. I can tell you a lot about the BBC (working in the industry as I do) and this sounds to me like a recycled story from January. There were rumours today that Palace were to offer 4 million today but nothing has happened. with the maddison deal going through I expect that we will see less leaving and us being able to reject.

I expect players like Naismith, Martin to be released. Then players like McGovern, Phillips, Fonkeu/Abrahams maybe leaving on a loan. Maybe Wildschut also if Marshall is signed.

We need to start building the side for next summer now.

Agree DG - the man just agrees with everyone and constantly changes his opinions to try and get more attention for himself - complete nonsense of a "journalist" - guys that work at the EDP are much better.

A brilliant summary of Gutler Ollie.