Summer 2018 Transfers | Page 25 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

So the Smiths have got rid of our second highest scorer and are busting their necks to get rid of our highest scorer and best player in Madders . Well done Smiths and the Board .... you are doing your best to wreck our club:clap::clap::clap:

Next will be Oliveira who could be worth £ 5 million if sold to a club whose manager can get the best out of him.
May as well sell the third highest scorer too !!

Just need to get rid of Klose after Oli , and then we will be left with Pinto as top scorer with a laughable 2 goals . Keep selling Smiths and the Board and your dream of a League One sensibly run club will be nearer than you could possibly wish for :clap::eek!:

Another article on another website has said we will get 11m for Murphy and around 20m for Maddison but the club will still have to look in the bargain bin and the free transfer cupboard. Bloody hell.

Murphy seems like a bit of a git not mentioning us at all in his talk and then also said that he is happy to be at a club whose manager is actually going to use and play him correctly.

I have a feeling that we might see the same type of summer window that we did last season where we don't address the issues of a Right Back, Forward and a winger. If rumours are true we still seem to be interested in GKs and Central Midfielders

I can’t see that Grealish is worth £40m - never mind Villa’s financial state but hey, I could easily be wrong. My occasional source told me yesterday that there has been no interest in Klose, so far.

Can I ask what is the £20 million black hole actually covering once we fill it with the Maddison money? and will we have to fill it again next summer (even if we lower the wages again and bring in more money than spend)?

I was under the impression that our wage list was lower (after last summer) and we had hardly spent that much last summer. Someone said it was to pay wages to the players, coaches and other staff along with any loans (which I thought we had cleared).

Good question Bears.
Last season we had the parachute payment so it was income of
say £ 20 million. I thought we then had reduced wages and sale of Murphy 1, Pritchard and Jerome raised say another £ 20 million.
That was £ 40 million coming in and we were still losing money
after say £ 10 million on players / loans / fees.

IF the outgoings remain the same this season we are £ 20 million down
on the parachute money plus £ 10 million in transfer income so
say £ 30 million short.
The sale of Murphy 2 and Maddison should raise £ 30 million
so that makes us level with last season before any signings so
we will need to sell players beyond Murphy 2 and Maddison to raise
any cash for new players UNLESS the expenditure has gone done this
coming season. This is beyond our knowledge but moving out Martin, Naismith and Jarvis should at least raise some money.

It all appears bleak but what can we expect with owners who have taken all their money out and refusing to take out loans.

No idea Tucks but we seem to keep buying players for the U23 side. Savvas Mourgos looked good from what I saw of the u23 side and maybe these guys who are sent out on loan are on the right road to be going into the 1st team. It seems the youngsters who are loaned out are then taken into the 1st team the following season.

The thing is his contract will expire at the end of summer 2019.

Come on lets now bring some players in!

If Everton does offer the 18 million then we should reject this. It is below the asking price and also it will not fill that black hole that we all know about

apparently, Everton have started the bidding with 18 million. We will be silly to accept that. We are in the driving seat. Say no to that. Other clubs are interested and will offer more. I am hopeful Webber is smart enough to know that.

Trouble is clubs know we are desperate to sell Madders so they will just go low . Our pathetic Board will just grab the first £20m