Summer 2018 Transfers | Page 24 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

As I said on home page:

So With Maddison going and now Murphy am I right in saying that we will be selling our two top scorers from last season? For a side that struggled to score (forwards), it is scary that the two players who did score are being sold.

Just a strange move further away from his family/brother. To a club who, I think, will struggle next season and there were rumours that other clubs were interested.

At least we will get Wildschut back :-).

Is it thought to be £10m plus add one?

I don’t think that the club a player moves to is relevant to ambition anymore. As long as they are playing in the Premier League, that’s all that matters. They get a big salary, I reckon Murphy will earn 40k pw, and the chance to shine on the big stage. If you do ok in a poor team, chances are you’ll be picked up by another team should you suffer relegation anyway. Pritchard was another transfer in that mould.

Agreed Tucks plus he might even get a call-up to England if he performs well.

He hasn't looked happy here, to be honest.

Just a shame that the two players who could score are leaving.

As YB says I want to hear that McGovern - Martin - Naismith have all gone too.

I don’t think that the club a player moves to is relevant to ambition anymore. As long as they are playing in the Premier League, that’s all that matters. They get a big salary, I reckon Murphy will earn 40k pw, and the chance to shine on the big stage. If you do ok in a poor team, chances are you’ll be picked up by another team should you suffer relegation anyway. Pritchard was another transfer in that mould.

Yep very much so, it'd be the same if we went up and poached a few players from the Championship - not going to the club, going to the PL.

Interesting to see Michael Bailey note he struggled with his brother moving to Newcastle, he was punished by Farke for missing training I believe due to it. Now he moves even further away from him, something for Cardiff to consider as he settles into a new area and country

Crazy when you think about the wingers (and a few very good ones) we have had and sold over last few seasons and for decent money yet we are still in a financial hole:

Jacob Murphy - 12m
Pritchard - 13m
Brady - 13m
Snoddgrass - 7 m
Olsson (defender I know but still can play winger) - 5m
Josh Murphy - 11 m
Redmond - 10m

It seems every season we sell a winger.

Yep very much so, it'd be the same if we went up and poached a few players from the Championship - not going to the club, going to the PL.

Interesting to see Michael Bailey note he struggled with his brother moving to Newcastle, he was punished by Farke for missing training I believe due to it. Now he moves even further away from him, something for Cardiff to consider as he settles into a new area and country

That is why I thought it was a strange one. I would have thought he should have been able to cope with his brother moving I mean it's not like he had moved to Russia.

Just wanted to put this on here but Mr Leitner has put a picture up on his twitter wearing a Norwich top in (his garden/or holiday), smiling and winking - Is this a hint that he is on his way?

Everton is apparently going to be the 1st club to offer for Maddison - reports saying £25 million.

Our former youth player Toffollo is close to signing for Lincoln.

Also, we are still interested in young GK Henderson but we will not be picking him up for nothing as he is to reject the interest and sign a new deal at United. United are then going to loan him and apparently we want to have him on loan. I don't want another Manchester young gk on loan. We have our own and should play him and just go get an experienced GK to push him and have either Oxborough as a number 3 or get another young prospect in on a perm deal! If he doesn't want to leave United then stay there mate.

Remi Matthews will be delighted to hear we are looking for a keeper

I am just as delighted that yet another keeper seems more important to Webber/Farke than the strikers we desperately need

So every day the reports of maddison offers are dropping. A while back 30 million was stated, then it was 25 million, then last weekend the reports were 22 million yesterday 20 million and today it's reported that 18 million would be enough with other add one. Surely Norwich aren't going to cave and go back on the asking price the wanted (25 million I believe) Norwich are a strong club and will demand this.....haha they will piss themselves at the fact a massive club like Everton offering 18 million.

Hucks thoughts on Murphy deal

Will be sad to see Josh Murphy go but £10.5 Million is a very good price, he has all the attributes to play in Premier League just needs to be more consistent with his end product, Academy must’ve been doing something right after all #Ncfc

Little dig at club about academy as he worked in it for a while before being sacked.

So he has gone. Who will be next to go do we think?

Maddison (I am sure his injury has delayed a move)
Oli
Klose
Naismtih
Martin
McGovern

I know I already mentioned it but this Grealish transfer is so strange. Villa in financial mess have said £40 million no less. We are not in financial mess like them yet seem to be dropping our price for star player.

Grealish wants to stay at the club and help them out of the league so Chelsea have come in and apparently offered £30 million plus a season long loan back to the club because they want him and if that will get the deal done then they will do it. Why are we not getting that for Maddison or from Maddison. Would be great if he came out and said I want to stay for one more season and the club had been saying 30 million no less. Then a club might do the same here is 20 millon plus him back for a season. All I hear is we have to sell to plug that hole yet villa in financial shit and they are able to play hard and not sell.

Maybe it will happen and clubs will fight for Maddison but from the reports I have seen Spurs apparently wanting to offer 30 million - Chelsea 30 plus loan - then Everton 35 million - West Ham want the same. One paper even suggested Spurs were happy to up their offer to 40 million. Whilst when I see rumours on Maddison it is getting lower. I think Grealish is a good player but 40 million?!