Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 72 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

First rumblings in the papers today of the manager being unhappy with our new found bravery.

Our players have been told they need to be back for the start of the season.

I wonder why people feel the need to miss represent the truth, the only reason I can think of is the truth doesn't fit their narrative.
It is amazing how many would have us believe that all clubs need to do is throw money at Levy and he will sell, they will sight Carrick, Berbatov, Modric,, Bale and Walker as examples of this.
They fail to mention that all these moves were instigated by the players, they also fail to mention the lengths theses players went through in order to force a move.
Ignoring the reality just so they can have a pop at Levy says more about them than our chairman IMO, and may I add is fundamentally dishonest.

First rumblings in the papers today of the manager being unhappy with our new found bravery.

Our players have been told they need to be back for the start of the season.

Really, what did he say?

I'm just about to play golf with someone who works fairly close to him;

I'm told he's very upbeat and very positive and totally relaxed about our targets....

Could be lying I guess, but until Poch actually gives his first interview, will we ever really know?

Werent there a couple of posters on here who like max meyer?

Well he doesn't even have a club and no one has come in for him.

Apparently wants 150k a week which has put everyone off.

If we did, it would show no ambition and we’d be labelled as a RWB production line.

Will never happen tho thankfully!

Really no ambition lol. We should fly him to Madrid on Levy personal plane. And take that money CASH. Wait till they see him defend against pace,! Id sanction this deal at once and I like the bloke. That said it's the Sun so it's bollocks.

Really no ambition lol. We should fly him to Madrid on Levy personal plane. And take that money CASH. Wait till they see him defend against pace,! Id sanction this deal at once and I like the bloke. That said it's the Sun so it's bollocks.
Ex believes Serge will come good this season so with KWP as back up it may be worth taking the £50m, we desperately need more pace out wide.

Said it before silly season stars, Trippier is a top RB but doesn't fit our system which heavily relies on crazy pace.

I'd sell for that money, both Aurier and KWP had proper pre season and more than enough time to adjust to Poch's tactics.

That will leave us needing another homegrown though.

Aurier needs to find his head this season.

Unless he is truly thick he can be fixed. He has the raw ability to be just a little short of Walkers pace and the ball ability to be a way better footballer. I'd be calm about Surge because one thing Poch can do is fix full backs. Tripps Walker and Rose were all very ropey before Mopo. Aurier is starting from a way higher base than the others.

So suddenly Aurier is now favourite and ready to be our No. 1 RWB now that Trips may go for 50mil!?
I think Aurier has a future with us but I doubt Trips is going anywhere, esp for 50 mil.

I doubt Tripps will go and I predict Serge will flop.

Agree...if a player has not learned how to cross a ball by the age Serge is now, then he will never be ablr to do so...its a basic you learn at a young age if you are a winger or wing back....its either in you or not...no good running up and down the wing like a blue arse fly with zero end result

Agree...if a player has not learned how to cross a ball by the age Serge is now, then he will never be ablr to do so...its a basic you learn at a young age if you are a winger or wing back....its either in you or not...no good running up and down the wing like a blue arse fly with zero end result

Erm that sounds like a description of the world's most expensive fullback.

Onomah sale or loan as part of makeweight deal??

Sadly, he went from the sublime to the ridiculous last season with Villa; he looked the standout player for many games, got injured, came back, looked terrible, then played a couple of blinders then took a knock and looked dreadful and got dropped.

I hope regular competitive football would bring him on leaps and bounds, but a dis-jointed season meant he hasn't done enough to command a place in our squad.

The talk was/is of Villa asking for Grealish to be loaned back, so loaning or selling them Onomah, who Bruce thinks has a huge future ahead of him, sounds like the right thing to do.

A first sale-back agreement and sell on clause would protect us from making a nasty mistake - IF he does improve the way that I eventually and others hoped for..

With Onomah I just get the feeling he just needs to find his best position and get some games in that position under his belt, he may not turn out to good enough for where we are at the moment. But I do think he would make a solid PL player