Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 71 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

I for one am delighted that Lamela and Son have signed new deals, the most important thing is to keep this squad together.
If we can add two or three quality players to the existing squad we will be competitive, Winks will be back. Lucas will have a good preseason under his belt, Foyth will be a year older. I can't believe we'll have the injuries we had last season, so I believe we'll be stronger than last season.
My only concern is playing the first few games away from home with so many player not back and available.

Grealish is still not worth 30 mill he is a 10 mill at tops . He is average 22 year old who does not deserve to be in our squad. Not for 30mill definitely

Only time will give us the definitive answer to that. I think he has real skills, but he needs discipline and physical development - if he achieves them, given his obvious skills, he could be anything.

Two other players I'd consider for homegrown are Sturridge and Mawson. Whilst Pool might get greedy with Sturidge, Burnley are looking to sign Mawson for 20 Million.

Another young gun we should look into is Traore, a 3rd of Zaha's price and still young enough to be coached.

Who: Grey Fox
When: 20/07/18
Where: SC

Christ on a bike, its NOT about fees its about squad numbers. Poch does not want a huge squad and Levy does not want to pay large wages to players for turning up for training who might get on the bench for the odd game.

We have had no bids for those potentially earmarked for leaving as of last night so what do you want the club to do?

I have heard activity and announcements will happen next week, existing contracts and expected movement.

The only offers for our players are loan deals and thats not great when you consider some of their ages.

I'm still optimistic Ducks lined up in a row.

Just the two and half years difference in age can account for that difference in this market., let alone any percieved difference in quality.

I would be happy with Zaha. Rather get Pulisic too. Not exactly sure I understand why everyone is bashing Zaha so much. When I see him play, I see someone that can be extremely dangerous...the issue is he is on Palace. On Spurs with more quality around him...could be interesting.

The issue with Zaha has been his output in terms of goals and assists. He finished the season with 5 goals in 6 games and does have it in his locker but his career stats aren't too clever. I think Poch could get the consistency out of him in a very good Spurs side though and he would be way more involved in the game than Son.

Despite his goal return, he was definitely one of the best 3 players outside of the top 6 clubs last season because of his work-rate and team play.

So does villas new investment mean we will have to pay more for grealish?

This transfer has been a joke. Villa in crisis, grealish had no WC yet we still managed to drag it out.