Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 47 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

Well people, there is apparently some truth to the Bale situation. Ali Z over on CoYS just said there is a 10% chance that Bale could come. Fee would be about a 100 million and he would accept lower wages. Whole thing is dependent on Ronaldo and the new manager.

He also said it’s supposedly higher than 10% but he refuses to believe it.

Well people, there is apparently some truth to the Bale situation. Ali Z over on CoYS just said there is a 10% chance that Bale could come. Fee would be about a 100 million and he would accept lower wages. Whole thing is dependent on Ronaldo and the new manager.

He also said it’s supposedly higher than 10% but he refuses to believe it.

fookin 'ell. There's a 10% chance I could be a billionaire next year, and in my fantasy World, probably more likely!!

10% equates to someone guessing, 25-60% to two people guessing, anything above that is pure unmitgated nonsense.

The politics at play in Real Madrid are incredible, anything can and could happen, or as I suspect might this summer, nothing.

They are facing an incredible huge bill to push Bale out, in fact the single biggest bill for a players contract settlement they have ever faced - and their financial situation is not nearly as rosy as some seem to think.

Is it likely that Bales agent (who I have met and dealt with) would leave £100 mill or so on the table just so Bale could play week in week out...?

Even after doing a deal, chances are it would still cost them 10's of millions to settle his contract and they'd have to sell him on the 'cheap'.

I make the difference between our basic reported salary for Kane (£200k) and what Bale is on for the next 4 years about £80M.

I don't see him taking an £80M pay cut even if he loves us. I don't see Madrid buying out a contract of a valuable asset.

So I guess the question is... would they drop their asking price to get his wages off the books, and would we pay him a huge signing bonus to make up the difference in wages?

I still think he stays. Especially as Zidane's gone and Ronaldo must eventually start showing his age more.

Another credible source is rating the Bale deal a maybe as opposed to absolutely not. Gotta be an Adebayor like deal if it does happen.

How much did they supplement Ade's wages? iirc we paid 80 and they paid 30 or something.
That's different to us paying 200 and them paying 400

Well in football, you never say never, but for it to happen, some pretty staggering events have to occur - on a scale that I simply do not believe the agent, the player or our Chairman would ever countenance.

I think it;s a nice to have fantasy: the return of the prodigal son who only wants to play for the sake of playing at a club he has affection for and is willing to drop 2/3rds of his wages whilst doing so....

...seem likely to you?

I'd be happier having the Bale conversation if I knew that Eriksen had signed his new contract and was speaking out loud about staying at Spurs. Unfortunately, I still think that there is only one way Bale pulls on a Spurs shirt again next season and that is with the huge trade-off of losing Eriksen to RM.

Bale would have won us the league the year Leicester won it. How much would that have been worth!
He left us a superb player and his is now a winner.

I know it is unlikely but it is nice to dream.

Bale would have won us the league the year Leicester won it. How much would that have been worth!

And there is naff all else to talk about!

Bale missed 73 days due to injury that season (15 games missed just in La Liga), had he played in the PL I imagine that number would go up substantially.

People still want to spunk money on bale despite him being injured in a softer league.

If we are going to spend that money get a player that will actual play

Well in football, you never say never, but for it to happen, some pretty staggering events have to occur - on a scale that I simply do not believe the agent, the player or our Chairman would ever countenance.

I think it;s a nice to have fantasy: the return of the prodigal son who only wants to play for the sake of playing at a club he has affection for and is willing to drop 2/3rds of his wages whilst doing so....

...seem likely to you?

Weirder things have happened...wait maybe this would top it! Oh well we are the Spurs, this is how we roll!

Weirder things have happened...wait maybe this would top it! Oh well we are the Spurs, this is how we roll!

There is only one major aspect that might offer some hope - I've been told that absolutely non one is beating a path to Real Madrid's door for him.

Strange, but true.

There is only one major aspect that might offer some hope - I've been told that absolutely non one is beating a path to Real Madrid's door for him.

Strange, but true.

Maybe he is the real prima donna?

All quiet on the transfer front.
Are you shocked?

Levy won’t change, we will wait till the last minute despite the managers wishes

As of tomorrow it become twice as hard to get players in till after the WC

The managers wishes was to tie existing players down to new long-term contracts before the WC and then to get our top targets in. Supposedly most of the contracts are all but announced as done and the majority of our top targets aren't even involved at the WC.

What we will be waiting for is sales. Levy always says that money will be invested in the squad but player sales have, for many years now, been the catalyst to our purchasing.

There will be a big focus on addressing our homegrown player issue this summer and one bit of info I've heard is Reo Griffiths will be going on our pre-season tour.