Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 46 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

Toby to United for 80 million Euros. Via a Belgian newspaper and some ITK floating around.

Martial is a difficult deal and United are making it very difficult.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/man-utd-transfer-toby-alderweireld-14767811

When they're leaking to their local media about his 'profile' it's code for "we are seriously concerned about his long term injury prospects" - just as I said they would be...and exactly why we have to sell him...

Mourinho rarely thinks past next week. He wants him to execute his plan. His response to city's goal-scoring capabilities is to assemble the best defence possible.

He wants Toby.

Mourinho rarely thinks past next week. He wants him to execute his plan. His response to city's goal-scoring capabilities is to assemble the best defence possible.

He wants Toby.

He may well do, but the club doesn't want to buy a potential crock - leaking this into the open is a sure fire way to put pressure on the deal - and someone is doing that, and it isn't us.

That's all paper rubbish I bet, there's no way on earth that they don't want him. Any club on this planet would take him

That's all paper rubbish I bet, there's no way on earth that they don't want him. Any club on this planet would take him

Ex is right Scott. A bad hamstring at his age is a permanent injury that has to be managed ALL the time.

I have a feeling the Toby to Utd stalling is more to do with Martial to Spurs than anything else. If we didn't want Martial, the deal would be done by now.

That's sort of a back handed compliment from Mourinho who knows they punched above their weight last season whereas we played within ourselves. Last thing he wants with his short term view of life is to strengthen us with a fantastic player he can't be bothered to nurture.

What I'm surprised about is that Chelsea and Liverpool haven't enquired about Martial just to disrupt Utd and Spurs. I would if I were them even if I didn't want the player.

I have a feeling the Toby to Utd stalling is more to do with Martial to Spurs than anything else. If we didn't want Martial, the deal would be done by now.

That's sort of a back handed compliment from Mourinho who knows they punched above their weight last season whereas we played within ourselves. Last thing he wants with his short term view of life is to strengthen us with a fantastic player he can't be bothered to nurture.

What I'm surprised about is that Chelsea and Liverpool haven't enquired about Martial just to disrupt Utd and Spurs. I would if I were them even if I didn't want the player.

Chelsea could have massive,k and I mean massive cahflow issues this next season....we'll know soon enough.

Chelsea could have massive,k and I mean massive cahflow issues this next season....we'll know soon enough.

Ex - I can think of 3 things:
1) Lack of CL football - they've been there recently and it didn't impact their buying power too much.
2) Abramovich's visa issues meaning him paying tax to bring money into UK
3) Buying land and property ahead of a stadium build, landing in this year's balance sheet.

What's are you thinking or seeing?

Liverpool
Ex - I can think of 3 things:
1) Lack of CL football - they've been there recently and it didn't impact their buying power too much.
2) Abramovich's visa issues meaning him paying tax to bring money into UK
3) Buying land and property ahead of a stadium build, landing in this year's balance sheet.

What's are you thinking or seeing?

Cna we please keep the Chelsea discussions in the Chelsea thread.

Thanks Muttley.

We better not bend over for them wankers. If we really want Martial then make it simple make him part of the deal. The frigging gooners did it with that Mkhitaryan.

The Toby nonsale is certainly stopping us buying new players.

We better not bend over for them wankers. If we really want Martial then make it simple make him part of the deal. The frigging gooners did it with that Mkhitaryan.

The Toby nonsale is certainly stopping us buying new players.

the Gooners were the ones who got bent over. Utd managed to get rid of Mkh who was basically a flop and sign their main target without it costing them a penny.

Agree though if Martial is their top target then they can't have Toby unless a deal for Martial is struck. I don't buy Levy being so short sighted as to strengthen the team one above us in exchange for a few quid.

Sounds like William Carvalho, Gelson Martins, & Bruno Fernandes have all filed to have their contracts terminated in the aftermath of the crazy masked attackers situation at Sporting.

I'd take all 3 in a second.

We supposedly bid fairly big money for Gelson Martins in the last window and Fernandes is definitely on our radar too. Go on Levy, get them out of there.

60+ million valuation of Toby and Martial coming our way should be the only scenario where we deal with Manu. Anything else and sell abroad for less money.

My thoughts exactly.

If Roman decides to sell or start cashing in on the 1 billion loan he gave the club, the Chavs could be ruined.

OR they could sell the 38 players they’d have on loan to raise the money.