Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 127 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

When English window closed Poch said we had a great window as we didn't lose any of our players. Now he says losing 3 of them would be no big deal.

I love the man but sometimes you can tell he gets wound up being asked the same questions over and over as he gives some bizarre answers.

I think his inconsistencies belies the pressure that he's felt/is feeling - trouble is journo's are scab pickers - once they detect a weakness/wound they will keep picking at it forever so that they can write dramatic headlines.

I've never understood why Jonathan doesn't take a more active role in intervening in press conferences and keeping the horde under control.

Last edited:
I sort of understand why we changed our transfer window closing time but surely the clubs can see that it puts us at a serious disadvantage . Anyone know if there are plans to change it back to be in line with the rest of Europe .
Or ,is there a clause that can be put in that's stops players leaving once our window shuts and everyone else's is still open . The current situation ,to me ,is ridiculous .
At the moment ,it's technically possible to have all your first team transferred and not be able to bring anybody in . I know that's an over the top statement and no one would agree to do that , but I just find this idea to be stupid . Why can't all windows be the same and what was the thinking behind changing ours . It hasn't helped any club one little bit in my opinion

I sort of understand why we changed our transfer window closing time but surely the clubs can see that it puts us at a serious disadvantage . Anyone know if there are plans to change it back to be in line with the rest of Europe .
Or ,is there a clause that can be put in that's stops players leaving once our window shuts and everyone else's is still open . The current situation ,to me ,is ridiculous .
At the moment ,it's technically possible to have all your first team transferred and not be able to bring anybody in . I know that's an over the top statement and no one would agree to do that , but I just find this idea to be stupid . Why can't all windows be the same and what was the thinking behind changing ours . It hasn't helped any club one little bit in my opinion

I've been "told" enough chairmen see it is a strategic mistake to see it altered again. Someone said a week after kick off. But there were no details.

24 Squad players (*Home grown)
Toby Alderweireld
Dele Alli*
Serge Aurier
Ben Davies*
Mousa Dembele
Eric Dier
Christian Eriksen
Paulo Gazzaniga
Son Heung-min
Harry Kane*
Erik Lamela
Fernando Llorente
Hugo Lloris
Lucas Moura
Georges-Kevin Nkoudou
Connor Ogilvie*
Danny Rose*
Davinson Sanchez
Moussa Sissoko
Kieran Trippier*
Jan Vertonghen
Michel Vorm
Victor Wanyama
Harry Winks*
Notable U21 players
Luke Amos
Cameron Carter-Vickers
Juan Foyth
Tashan Oakley-Boothe
Oliver Skipp
Kyle Walker-Peters

Last edited:
Perhaps our time to be brave is being forced upon us .
Very interesting and I wish all these young lads all the iuck in the world

Honestly if you are not going to bring in anyone during the transfer window....we sure as hell better be using some of our up and coming youth. We simply are not deep enough without them. Skipp and Amos should be getting some serious looks. (Do we have a young forward??)

I've been "told" enough chairmen see it is a strategic mistake to see it altered again. Someone said a week after kick off. But there were no details.

just read that there's a UEFA meeting with top coaches to scrap away goals rule in continental comps & potentially bring other European leagues in line with our earlier transfer window. That's preferable to going back to the status quo for the English league IMO.

Yep saw quite a bit of him in the under 21s then 23s. He he looked bang average. He is 22. He ain't making it here. We used him as a squad number out of desperation due to our disastrous transfer window.
He may have improved from what his loan side managers have said. But that is at a lower level of course.

If Oglvie makes it with us in getting my boots out. I'm better than him and Llorente.

The Llorente signing still really bothers me. The deal just didn't make any sense whatsoever. Just like the Sissoko deal.

What a blinder by poch hey? Wasting nearly 200k a week on wages on them two mercenary jokers.

See Grealish has signed a new five year deal with Villa good! He has zero goals in what nine games. Mean while the eminently available James Maddison is adding goals and assist in the Prem at a fraction of the price he looked a sound understudy to the outgoing Eriksen to me and I said it here, yet we sat on our hands pretending there were no option ls bar Grealish and Zaha. Spurs huh...?

See Grealish has signed a new five year deal with Villa good! He has zero goals in what nine games. Mean while the eminently available James Maddison is adding goals and assist in the Prem at a fraction of the price he looked a sound understudy to the outgoing Eriksen to me and I said it here, yet we sat on our hands pretending there were no option ls bar Grealish and Zaha. Spurs huh...?

I don’t understand the Maddison situation.

We were all over him when he was at Coventry.

It’s almost like he reject us and that’s that

Grelish obviously not impressed with spurs

I don’t understand the Maddison situation.

We were all over him when he was at Coventry.

It’s almost like he reject us and that’s that

Grelish obviously not impressed with spurs
I think we took an either or approach we seem very tunnel vissioned with transfers and we chose Grealish. There is no way Maddison would turn down Poch despite the silly video. We clearly put all our eggs in the Grealish basket because we smelled cheap. On top of which we have very good working relationship with Norwich as you say don't understand.