Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 126 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

Just think how special it would be if we won a trophy and finish in the top 3, What some are prepared to pay for average players is quite scary.
Some balance need to return to football, when an agent can walk away with millions for facilitating a transfer you know the game is in trouble.

At some point UEFA and FIFA have to something about this, it can't be good for football when it's in agents interest to move players on every 2 or 3yrs. How are they acting in the best interest of the player.

Just think how special it would be if we won a trophy and finish in the top 3, What some are prepared to pay for average players is quite scary.
Some balance need to return to football, when an agent can walk away with millions for facilitating a transfer you know the game is in trouble.

At some point UEFA and FIFA have to something about this, it can't be good for football when it's in agents interest to move players on every 2 or 3yrs. How are they acting in the best interest of the player.

Superleague is next.

.......or ,as I see it Top, the best interest of the fans , the true supporters of the club who plough thousands into the coffers and provide the soul of what football is all about . If the fans stopped turning up because there was no continuity , no faith that their favourite , latest hero was not going to be there come January 31st , then the game slowly dies .
You have pointed out a serious issue here .......

Sky sports are reporting on Poch saying he is happy that no one left left during the window but that he would have been equally as happy should any of the squad been transferred . He said that he would be prepared to play the academy lads/ under 23 s ,who he has a lot of respect for .
I think this came from the pre match conference on Friday

POCH FINE LOSING PLAYERS
Tottenham managed to keep their squad together as the transfer window shut across Europe, but boss Mauricio Pochettino said he would have been fine with losing any one of his players.
Their top stars were never expected to leave, but there was plenty of speculation that Toby Alderweireld, Danny Rose and Mousa Dembele would exit the club.
“Harry Kane is here, Dele Alli is here, (Victor) Wanyama is here, (Eric) Dier is here, (Fernando) Llorente is here, Alderweireld is here…” the Spurs boss said.
“I don’t understand why you focus only on some names. If you review all my press conferences when did I say expect this or expect that? Never, why you focus on a few names only?
“I don’t understand rumours about, you know, transfer window closing. It’s not a problem if we lose one or two or three. Because we have plenty of players in the academy, no problem.
“I am more than happy. I am more than happy to keep all the players and I am more than happy if they leave and we play with the U23s. It’s not a problem, I promise you. Not a problem for me.”

Shhhsh....he's happy with academy players stepping in..?

Well, they've either greatly impressed him or it's all bravado ..can't decide which!

I guess the season will tell us.

Shhhsh....he's happy with academy players stepping in..?

Well, they've either greatly impressed him or it's all bravado ..can't decide which!

I guess the season will tell us.
It's bravado but 9 million quid has a way of making you very very laid back. I'm not there yet but when I am I'll let you know how everything is not a problem for me.

So we hung onto Rose, Toby and Dembele. Good news for me. It is unlikely we could have signed the same calibre to replace them.

Toby in particular could make a difference to our clean sheets this season over last when he was out for whatever reason.

The PL could be tighter than I envisaged and small margins could come into play rather than the runaway last season.

Poch of course played down any talk of the title the players seem to be targeting but they can smell blood and I can understand why.

When English window closed Poch said we had a great window as we didn't lose any of our players. Now he says losing 3 of them would be no big deal.

I love the man but sometimes you can tell he gets wound up being asked the same questions over and over as he gives some bizarre answers.