Summer 2018 Pitch watch | Page 3 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Pitch watch

The DW pitch story over the years could be made into a BBC documentary.
Perhaps in honour of our outgoing President .... a day could be nominated at the end of every season. The chief exec could lay some turf at the foot of 'the statue' as a tribute ?

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/under-pressure.html

A collection of articles and comments
https://www.pitchcare.com/search/all/wigan#/all

That article almost had me. I don't know who wrote it or if they even did any research but because they said we were beaten 2-1 after extra time in our first major cup final and that the egg chasers attendances far outweigh ours I'm gonna dismiss the entire lot as BS.

Quite a few photos have been popping up on Twitter with the newly stitched / turfed pitch in the background.
The steward(s) guarding / protecting the pitch from people walking through the gates appear to have gone as well.

Looking forward to a pristine passing surface when Sheffield Wednesday visit ..... and continuing throughout the seasons.
Hopefully the regular February pitch stories will now be a distant memory.

Just flicked over to check the state of it - doesn't look in the best condition. I'm guessing we needn't worry about forgoing our annual February debate after all.

I suspect that the odd delay might have crept in and the grass is possibly shorter, as a result.
The rugby crowd did look a bit thin though.

Must admit doesent look great off that picture but with all this sun and a good watering the grass should shoot up, cant have asked for better weather for the job. But the Chubsters on it dont get me started

Yes it must have grated with some that this years debate didn't go ahead.
And a few light patches in what has been the driest summer for many a year is hardly an issue is it? I doubt very much that there will be a debate in 2019 either. Great news as the debates were tedious in the extreme.

Yes, actually I agree with that TB. It was interesting that someone who knew the problems and solutions should take time out to share that knowledge.
The tedious part was the club bashing which of course for some was a more full time occupation at that time. Thankfully that has improved of late.

God forbid the clubs pitch, given it's consistently poor condition, should be discussed on a clubs forum. So Henski you don't want that discussed, some others don't want discussion on our signings, some others don't want discussion on our potential takeover and no doubt when the season starts some will want discussion on the games banning as well. Remind me, what is the point of a forum again?

No, I don't believe I suggested things shouldn't be discussed, you have misinterpreted something there.
But during the normal course of discussion it is inevitable that some posters will be considered tedious at times, don't you agree MiW?

God forbid the clubs pitch, given it's consistently poor condition, should be discussed on a clubs forum. So Henski you don't want that discussed, some others don't want discussion on our signings, some others don't want discussion on our potential takeover and no doubt when the season starts some will want discussion on the games banning as well. Remind me, what is the point of a forum again?
There's a difference between discussion and having an agenda where some club individuals can do no right and are always blamed when something does not go quite to plan

Out tha pops. Failure and conversely success within organisations are attributable to the individuals that work within it. Those that thrive recognise, acknowledge and address failings rather than ignoring them for fear of tackling difficult issues and upsetting individuals. The latter is what you seem to advocate and whilst I have theories why I'll keep them to myself. Like it or not this is a football forum and matters pertaining to the club, good or bad, will be debated instead of just ignoring the bad and burying ones head in the sand in the hope they disappear.

I'm sure those within the organisation do exactly as you are suggesting.
Kenny appears to be talking about those outside the organisation, those who don't really know the whys and wherefores of problems or solutions around the running of, in this case, a football club.
So I am at a loss as to your point here, you seem to have missed Kenny's point by some margin, and failed to respond to mine.
So are you trying to argue against Kenny or have you chosen to demonstrate my point by example?

Henski, im not sure what your point was, that you consider debate on the pitch tedious? If so I'm not sure how you'd like me to respond? The only thing I can suggest is that you ignore that thread. The other statement about the inevitability of people becoming tedious I interpreted as provactive, let alone nonsensical and so ignored it as it was all that statement merited. As for Kennys point I fully understood it - but he put 2 and 2 together and came up with 54. Perhaps he has borrowed Diane Abbots calculator I don't know. This was a thread based mainly on updates and observations on the new pitch. The how's and why's' of why it needs replacing I don't recall was raised or discussed. From what I can tell there was no agenda to the thread, but by seeking to suppress debate on it and others it's quite obvious who wishes to set one.