Summer 2018 Chat Line | Page 7 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Chat Line

Long time since I was called a girl, lol.

I'm fine thanks. I've spent most of the day gardening - it was very hot and my back has felt better!

I'm OK too - waiting for a man to climb a ladder and remove some rather annoying wasps from above the bedroom window.

Did you watch the Soccer Aid game? I enjoyed it.

Hope you're OK Oz

Do you have your own generator, Oz? Just wondering about freezers and things with all your power keep going out. A friend of mine has relatives in America and in the winter their power is hardly on! (Not sure which part of the USA it is) and they have to have their own generators to keep things going.

No a generator isn’t really needed where I live. The previous run of power cuts were caused by the power company doing upgrades whereas the cut yesterday was due to a local station being hit by lightning.
Everything here is stretched out and by that I mean most houses are detached and the streets are very wide. The distances are amazing to people who come here for the first time. For instance I live in Rockingham which is technically a suburb of Perth and it takes and hour to drive up to the city on the freeway and that is not in peak hour traffic. Peak hour, it can take a lot longer than that.
The Perth metropolitan area stretches along the coast from North to South and to travel N to S takes two hours outside of peak.
There are Eastern suburbs up to the ranges which takes about threequarters of an hour from here traveling due East.
I love the spread and size of this country and found it quite difficult at first when I drove around Scotland and England when on holiday. The freeways were fine but in and around the towns and cities the roads I found to be very narrow in comparison and those little bloody roundabouts drove me bonkers. I went straight over three of them before I was told what they were.
An example of Bush life here, I worked in Queensland for a few years in Mt Isa and to reach the coast was a five hour drive. We would go to Townsville for a long weekend which was to our East or we would drive for about the same amount of time to go fishing up north on the Cape.
Could never live in the UK again, much more adventure and things to see here although nowadays it’s mostly memories. Lol

People still drive over the little roundabouts here Oz - pointless things.

When I was young we used to spend a bit of time in Cornwall - most of it was spent reversing on narrow roads with high edges!

I hear what you are saying about the big open spaces but it would drive me dafter than I am taking that long to get anywhere if I'm being honest. Two and a half hours to one child and one and a half to the other is quite far enough!

Ah but you are missing out on the little picnics along the way where you hear nothing but silence.
Refreshes you and your head.

Been out for tea with friends - had home made meat and potato pie (a piece of a big one, so much better than individual ones) mushy peas, mint sauce and gravy!

Oww that sounds nice Sixpence - yes, better from the middle of a big one then more filling and not so much pastry!

I went with a friend to Crystal Peaks yesterday - she was looking for a fleece! Now, you know and I know it's the middle of summer here but she would not be dissuaded. We bought a few things, including three bottles of my at-the-moment favourite wine, but no fleece!