Summer 2018 Chat Line | Page 9 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Chat Line

I'll try to remember that.

Have you been to The Arboretum near Derby? My friend says it's well worth a visit and is on our list 'to do before the school's break up'.

Should have said out to prove themselves as ready to be regular England players!
Love Jesse Lingard!

He's been my fav Premier League player all season, Sixpence.

England did do well but, as someone pointed out on facebook, beating Panama is like someone beating Stevie Wonder at darts! But I'm still pleased!

Sister-in-law and me have been cleaning at Mum-in-law's this morning. Not the best of times to do it when it's the hottest day of the year! But we are away for a mid-week break for next few days and she is busy so it had to be done while we'd got time.

We are looking for a cleaner for her for when she's had her week in respite. It's awkward as it has to be someone who has dealt with Alzheimer people in the past.

These people get 'up my nose! Dont they want to be happy?
. Why can't they just enjoy the fact that we won convincingly, they didn't get drawn into the aggro, and they scored two great penalties which I doubt even the better team goalies could have saved!

Have you tried the local branch of the Alzheimer Society?
Age Concern (or whatever they call themselves now) have 'vetted' cleaners, they may have somebody suitable.

Have a lovely time!

Yes, we shall try them, thanks Sixpence.

And I agree people can't be happy even when they've cause to be. Mark Lawrenson and Lee Dixon come to mind!

Had a nice few days up North. We booked a hotel break in Northumberland only to find out it was really nearer Durham! But we got free tickets to Beamish so had a good time there with son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter. They did a lot of walking and we used the trams, buses and charabancs! Not too good at walking up hill these days. Really enjoyed the pit village. As soon as we got there the smell took me back to when I was a little girl and everyone had coal fires. Hotel was great too, lovely food and very helpful and friendly staff. On our way home today we stopped of at Newby Hall, another day of doing a lot of walking. Some nice gardens and booked in at a tour round the house which was very interesting. We also went on the little train, though I think it's really for children! It was a little expensive but, as my daughter-in-law pointed out when I text her to tell her a bag of pomme bears was £1.25 (!) we were in the 'posh part of Yorkshire'!

Wasn't impressed with the England v Belgium game tonight. I know it didn't mean anything but it all went a bit flat for me. I can understand why Southgate wants to see all his players perform and I hope it hasn't stopped what we had started with the 'first' eleven.

A bit worried about the injury to John Stones.

Went to the Lyceum on Wednesday evening to see Jersey Boys -again! Love it!!

10 of us had a day in Southport yesterday. Lots of laughter and the weather made more bearable by the sea breeze, in one of the better seaside places I think - altogether a very enjoyable day!

My daughter likes Southport - that's the one near Liverpool, yes?

I was a bit surprised with all the changes that Stones started on Thursday, thought he might have come on off the bench, though, of course, he has until Monday night/Tuesday morning to get fit.

Be interesting to see the line-up on Tuesday.

I think he has played well too, Ozi, I hope he recovers in time for Tuesday's match.

Yes the one near Liverpool. The only problem is how far out the sea goes. I wanted a paddle - we walked a mile out towards the sea and we were no nearer to it! It was going out faster than we could walk!

No the Iron men are at Formby which is nearer to Liverpool, we went on a coach trip so spent all our time in Southport. I did see them about 15years ago - very impressive.

Right - can you walk from one to the other do you know. I know she sent me pics of Southport and the Iron Men and sure it was on the same day. Strangely my friend told me last week that they are planning a day trip to Southport next month.

I've got a nose like a tap at the moment, don't know where this has come from. I hate having a summer cold because it tends to last as the germs don't die off like they do in the cold.

Depends - I couldn't walk it, maybe 15 miles! I said Formby but on second thoughts I think it's Crosby (where some of the Liverpool footballers live or used to)!