Summer 2013 | Page 18 | Vital Football

Summer 2013

I'm hoping to get to Paradise next year. I'll buy the first round for anyone from this message board who goes with me to a game. :emoticon:07 :emoticon:08 :emoticon:08 :emoticon:08 :emoticon:08

Word on the street Welch is that you have more money than a horse can shite .... :emoticon:17 I'd consider it an honour & privelege to hook up with you mate and Chicago Matt too although I would need to draw the line at Olly ........ :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:14 :emoticon:07 :emoticon:07

Mouyokolo is out for six months. Ruptured achilles. That has to hurt. Poor Bhoy. He barely played, too.

It's a real blow for Moyoukolo, he looked decent and has just had the worst luck with injuries in his career!

Apparently he was training the other day and they heard something "pop" and so he's been to France for an operation but probably looking at 6 months out.

I think we can expect to see Mulgrew being used at CB more now.....

Unless NL wants to have a look at some free agents.....

Mohammed Sissoko, released by PSG, linked with Napoli, Cardiff and Olympiakos. 28 year old Mali international, generally more of a DM but I'm pretty sure we could use him at CB. He's certainly big enough at about the same height as Sammy.

Oguchi Onyewu, released by Sporting Lisbon. 31 year old CB, USA international with Belgian nationality as well. He's about 6"3 and if I remember correctly.....built like Bobo!

Evander Sno is still available.......dodgy heart so can't expect him to do too much running but could be used as a CB........no? anybody? poor lad.....I always liked Sno!

Last CB is John Mensah, 30 year old former Ghana international released by Stade Rennais. He has played for Lyon and Sunderland in the past as well. Not the biggest which would suggest he relied on his pace and tackling ability, I've watched a video of him captaining Ghana last year and he is very athletic and can jump well.....he's built like a fucking brick house! He's got a really big upper body and looks REALLY strong!

If we wanted to add another striking option, Valeri Bojinov, 27 year old Bulgarian international has been released by Sporting Lisbon. He used to be on the books at Man City for a while and had various loan spells etc. He's played for a few Italian teams I think. He's quite a good player, might not get loads of goals but would add some experience and a very good technical player and can also play on the wing.

I'll buy everyone on this thread a pint when/if I ever get to paradise!

Onyewu is definitely a Bobo clone - he played for Milan a year or so ago and didn't get much time. I watched him play for the US a lot, but he isn't in the team picture any more and hasn't played much in the last two years.

Guess which UK team has the most loyal fans according to study in CNBC?
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101039596?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Cheadline%7Cstory&par=yahoo&doc=101039596%7CWhich%20soccer%20team%20has%20the

We have taken a striker on trial.

Nicolas Mezquida, 21 year old Uruguayan striker. Had a couple of loan spells in Norway but spent most of his time in Uruguay. Not that many goals or appearances but looks a not bad talent. He's got pace, skill and can pick a pass. In the video, he doesn't seem to be an out and out striker which may explain his lack of goals, instead he seems to be often used as a winger or even moving into a more central area. He can play behind the striker and has good movement to help try and get the ball and then move it around to then bring the striker into play and get him into a scoring position.

Whether anything comes of this trial is yet to be seen but clearly we've been told good things about this lad, why he left his club and wants to come all the way over to Celtic I'm not sure. I think it's clear Lennon wants to add more firepower and players up front in case of injuries but we are unlikely to take a young unproven "striker" or attacker on trial at this point of the season unless we believe he is in fact a real undiscovered talent.

[youtube=hIswO6WU490]

Speaking of transfers, Gary Hooper has started one match for Norwich and it was a cup game against Watford. Not exactly the glamour match he might have starred in tomorrow. :emoticon:81 :emoticon:91

Looks like we could get the new LB that we have been searching for come January.......Man Utd have apparently told Alex Buttner that he will be free to leave in January.

Whether that is free to leave for a small price or just completely free.....I don't know.

It would suggest Moyes is going to go all out to get Baines from Everton. His problem there is that he then has to decide between Evra and Baines, two first team regular LBs while normally it would be one of them and then someone else as a back-up.

From what I've seen of Buttner, he is a good LB but perhaps it's something to do with his attitude or something that is the problem.

If Man Utd are looking to offload him.....I don't see why not. They didn't have to fork out too much for him and if they want rid of him they are unlikely to ask for too much.

It could show whether our interest still remains or whether we've found someone else!

Lennon went to France to watch the World Cup Qualifier between France and Finland. Partly to watch Teemu Pukki in action but also to apparently look at some possible Finnish signing targets.....

My worry with those targets is the players on the pitch were not ones I would go mad about and only perhaps one of the subs was worth a look. Even those that I think we need and would look at have recently moved clubs and are unlikely to move as soon as January or even next summer so I don't know who he was looking at.

I think we need to sign a new LB though. Izzy has no competition and I think that some competition might drive him on and do him some good!

Latest Celtic News