Substitutions | Vital Football

Substitutions

The Owl

Vital 1st Team Regular
Can anyone explain why Gosling was brought on. He has done nothing since he joined the club to merit inclusion. Ameobi is always brought on, goodness knows why, but Gosling.
I'd rather have chanced Campbell.

The Owl - 4/5/2013 20:13

Can anyone explain why Gosling was brought on. He has done nothing since he joined the club to merit inclusion. Ameobi is always brought on, goodness knows why, but Gosling.
I'd rather have chanced Campbell.

Coz we're Pardew's plaything.

He has no affinity with us, so wont be bothered in the slightest if/when we drop.

Part of me thinks that in Pardew's deluded world that we're safe already and he doesn't believe how much danger we are in. In fact if Ashley was in charge for the final two games, I reckon we'd see more urgency.

Because Pardew was looking to shore the game up in the hope that Wigan wouldn't win, the fact that Gosling is shit escaped him.

In fairness if that was his aim it paid off to the extent we held out for a draw. Unfortunately he banked on wigan doing the dinified thing and losing to west brom and accepting their fate of dropping out of the premier league never to run. They won't do that, selfish fuckers,using up a top flight place that another club might put to far better use.

Gosling once scored a crucial goal on Merseyside. Pardew was after a crucial goal. Simple really.

I don't understand why Gosling is even on the bench. He has done fuck all for us, got robbed with virtually his first touch today.

What's up with Anita? When we were going through our really shit period (I mean really shit, not just shit) he was the only one who looked remotely capable of hanging on to the ball. We went shopping in france and he has hardly got a look in since.

taffontyne - 4/5/2013 22:30
What's up with Anita? ........... We went shopping in france and he has hardly got a look in since.
Pardew is still pissed after visiting the hypermarket and buying up loads of cheap Beaujolais nouveau 2005.

Anita is one of those mobile, fast midfielders who can pass to a team mate. No place for one of those in a Pardew team.

So where did Gosling come from? Remember him losing the ball on his debut and the Mackems scoring the equaliser

I heard that sissoko wasn't injured either so make of that what you will. But let's face it. On paper our starting 11 is decent but our bench is just shite. Gosling, ameobi, Campbell and moke wollomson. It's just fucking shoddy

Gosling is a forward running midfielder. He likes to get in the box and come on to the ball, follow up shots. Pointless in this team.

Would rather have seen Bigi , Anita or Campbell come on instead of gosling . Haven't seen much of him but what I have I've not been overly impressed, looks championship at best.