Subs, VAR And Transfers | Vital Football

Subs, VAR And Transfers

Some good points, Caz.

Olosunde could be a key player for us, injuries permitting - I that hope his luck on that changes for the better.

I don't think that VAR should be used in some games, but not others, in the same competition. At least it should be consistent for each round of cup competitions (even though it worked in our favour on this occasion).

Unattached players - often due to injuries, but some may have fallen out with their clubs re change of manager, unpaid wages, etc.. It would be mad though to sign anybody who had hardly played over the previous three years due to injuries/fitness problems , and then make them one of our highest earners... but we did! :rolleyes:
Because of that glaring mistake, we are now unlikely to sign another one.

Last edited:
I'm never sure about these free agents either Mike. Although, maybe this year, with the new rule of only twenty-five players there could be a little gem out there who couldn't get into his Championship side just because they have too many good players? I suppose you just never know.

Barnsley seem to be able to get decent goalscorers on loan, but other than Kieffer Moore, we can't. If it is just for financial reasons, Barnsley must view that the extra expenditure will be more than made up by staying in the Championship. Free agents are likely to be high risk, but there could be exceptions from clubs going bankrupt, etc. here or abroad.

I have friends whose daughter has had many, many, many boyfriends but always seemed to 'get rid' of them after a few weeks. Her Mum says she thinks she's 'too picky'. I said 'yes, just like Paul Warne bringing in players' If they aren't 'good nice lads' we won't have them.

I'm not saying that's not a good thing but I do think we need someone like an updated Kevin Ellison to growl at opponents a bit, someone with a bit more aggression.

I wonder what will happen to Proctor now, as Newport have signed some more forwards, and his loan finishes in a few days time (source: Wikipedia). We don't really know what his fitness level is though.