Sturridge | Vital Football

Sturridge

Sir Laz

Vital Football Hero
Is he worth a punt ? Apparently his representatives have contacted Newcastle and offered his services.He currently has no club so he is available.

Nope , exactly the sort of player we should be avoiding . It'd be a similar mistake to the signing of Carroll. Minus the coming home, geordie bollocks.

Can you be more specific ?

31, injury prone and past it! As Keggy said - a non Geordie version of Carroll.

He went on loan to West Brom (after choosing them over SDU if I remember rightly) the got injured after 5 minutes and ended up playing a whopping 6 games and scoring zero.

We need goals, he does know where the net is (historically). I would give him a short contract to the end of the season ... nowt to loose .... only fatties wages ! But I think the squad number declarations may put pay to it anyway .

This has "Danny rose" written all over it. Except at least rose had a club. There's a reason sturridge doesn't, and has already been said he turned us down for West Brom and there's no squad space anyway.

I read somewhere that if a player has a bad injury they can be removed from the squad list and replaced with another.

I know in Spain the player has to be out 6 months and you have to prove it because it happened Barcelona with Dembele