Stupid stuff... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Stupid stuff...

Speaking of tyres, I bought an MGB GT in 2007. It was built in 1980 and received some new tyres in about 1991. Unfortunately, I had reason to use the spare (lots of tread on it) in 2008, but never changed it back. My 28 year old tyre went pop when I was driving at 70mph on the M50. We had a 360 spin and (extremely fortunately) came to rest on the hard shoulder. The car was immovable as the delaminated tread had wrapped around the rear axle and the handbrake cable.
PICT0049s.JPG

Jaywalking, not using any crossing and damage to his car where he hit me - beware.

This was mid eighties coming back from a night out with the usual crowd, needless to say I had one or two beers.

Ah, yes. My wife - who lived in Germany for quite some years - told me about this one. The Germans are quite strict about it, apparently. No nipping across the road just where you feel like it, hurdling a central barrier and dashing across 3 lanes of traffic to get to the other side!

In Paris as a young man I decided to cross the road (12 lane roundabout I think) to the Arc de Triumph in the middle when underpasses were available. Don’t know to this day why, or how I wasn’t run over

Yes, Place De La Concorde and that whole area is mental.

About 40 years ago I decided it was unfair my mate was sunbathing and had done his only 2 end of term exams. In my haste to escape throwing a cup of water on him I slipped and broke my thumb. I completed/passed my 5th exam that afternoon although the writing must have been almost illegible. I had to return in the middle of the summer along with re-taking failures to do 2 final exams. Wearing a plaster cast also lost me a much needed vacation job/income.

I was going into the attic but didn't click the metal ladder securely in place. I climbed up and trapped the skin between thumb and first finger securely in the ladder as it slipped into its correct position. A lot of my weight was pulling down on it. I balanced on the bannister top for 10 minutes to relieve the weight, as my wife thought my calls for help were the TV. Moral: check ladders before ascending.

I nearly managed to electrocute myself many years ago whilst updating some light switches at our old house. The electric was safely isolated at the box in the cupboard under the stairs, or at least it was until my wife put something away and accidentally tripped breaker back on again.
It grabbed me and I couldn’t open my hand to let go of the bare wire. I had to rip the wire out of my palm with the other hand and then got thrown to the floor with the step ladder on top of me. It also burnt my forearm where it was touching said step ladder. Very scary and it was only 5amps

I nearly managed to electrocute myself many years ago whilst updating some light switches at our old house. The electric was safely isolated at the box in the cupboard under the stairs, or at least it was until my wife put something away and accidentally tripped breaker back on again.
It grabbed me and I couldn’t open my hand to let go of the bare wire. I had to rip the wire out of my palm with the other hand and then got thrown to the floor with the step ladder on top of me. It also burnt my forearm where it was touching said step ladder. Very scary and it was only 5amps
I'd say you are a lucky fella. I'm pretty certain 5 amps is well capable of killing you.